How far would you be willing to travel to see your love? (1 Viewer)

Redgoddess

HSC
could maybe hack being in 2 diff countries if it was only for a given period (i.e. - 1 year for gap year/exchange etc) otherwise i'd give up. even so our rlnship would have to mean a helluva lot to me for me to bother keeping it together for a year w/o seeing each other. i mean, when i was with my girl longest we were apart was 3 weeks with out seeing each other (talked on msn and such like) and that was horrible, so i think id prefer to date someone who's within an hour/hour and a half drive, or at least in the same state and country

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
With my previous partner, I had to travel upwards of 2 1/2 hours by public transport to get to her house...I still did it though.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
BlackDragon said:
hmm. 6 or 7 cms? yes. i know. amazing.
It's alright man, you can get operations if you really feel that self conscious...

Monz

HSC
My boy and i have discussed this because i was thinking of moving to london for a while, and he said that he'd come with me. It was about 1 month we'd been dating and he got a job in NZ (he didn't take it though, thankfully) if he took it i would have moved to NZ. I'd move anywhere for my boy.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I want to travel the world with the man I love

Redgoddess

HSC
the grim reality of money makes moving anywhere in the world for your boy a lil hard. i'd love to travel the world with my g/f... but that's a lil different from them moving away and us trying to maintain a rlnship. i dunno, i'll cross the extreme long distance bridge when/if i come to it.

dongypro

HSC
50-70km maximum..

by car ofc..

and thru a motorway.. where my Etag will be billed to my parents credit card muhaha .. and the fuel too lol

coenenr

HSC
my bf and i had been going out for about a year n a half when he decided to move to melb. I went down to visit him tho which was realli good. He normally lives about 45 min drive from me, or an hour by train, but i dont realli mind. He used to live about 15 mins away

Long distances are realli hard, casue if youve had a bad day n just want a hug, you dont have the option of jsut getting on a train and knowing that an hour later youll be with them, but it does make you appreciate them alot.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I remember attending a wedding of my mum's work-mate's son, and hearing the story of him flying overseas (9 hour trip) every weekend (helped he had a staff discount) or whenever he could to see the girl.

Must admit, don't think I'd be that keen but you never know aha

jager206

HSC
I have travelled approximately 1698 km to be with the love of my life...but if i had to I would travel any distance necessary to be with him.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
all those people who said 'not more than a half hour drive' ... are you kidding? maybe it's just me, but, most of my group from school is pretty spread out in suburbs and towns all over the district, it's nothing unusual to have to travel over half an hour to see someone - my best friend lives an hour away from me and we're still really close and manage to see each other all the time...and this is just school friends. I'd be willing to make more of an effort for a romantic relationship than a half hour drive, seriously. Half an hour is nothing. I'd probably draw the line at 3 hours if we didnt go to uni together or whatever...if we went to uni or worked together or something then i probably wouldnt give a shit if he lived 6 hours away because we'd still get to see each other.

edit: wow this thread is old.

Pace_T

HSC
jager206 said:
I have travelled approximately 1698 km to be with the love of my life...but if i had to I would travel any distance necessary to be with him.
approximately? what did u do, use a ruler to measure it?
lol

Pace_T

HSC
30 mins is reasonable, she'd have to be a pretty good girl if i were to travel further than that :p

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Um....like half a km. Why would I be travelling to see them, not the other way around huh?:burn: roflmayonnaise

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
how far am i willing..??
interesting question.. well lets say i wouldnt have a clue shall we??
=] but~~ i do have a boyfriend who lives..
approximately 40mins away by car..
so make that 1.5hrs by public transport..~~
yes~~ i can drive.. no~~ i dont have a car ><;;
useless.. haha~~ but we only see each other once a week..
study/HSC stress and all..
its good.. once every two weeks i go see him,
and the others he comes see me~~
it works so im happy *smiles*

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
I remember attending a wedding of my mum's work-mate's son, and hearing the story of him flying overseas (9 hour trip) every weekend (helped he had a staff discount) or whenever he could to see the girl.

Must admit, don't think I'd be that keen but you never know aha
He probably did more than just see her ;) seeing as he took 9 HOURS. wowie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)