How long does it take you to gain weight? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i'm 165cm's
and 67kgs. haha; i gained 2kg's since the start of the year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
Dude you are a feather.
Trajan said:

Try to bulk up man.

Hahahahahaha....

I don't look like one. I am a bit more than the normal size (as you see from the picture below. Thanks for your concern though.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
After you've made your gains, to burn off the fat does it become detrimental to your strength?
Its really kinda different for everyone.

Bodyweight loss generally effects your squat and bench more. Hell, if you took you exact body right now, and added 10kg of pure fat, your squat would probably still go up. Leverage!

I know one guy who lost a whole heap, and claims to be faster, thus now stronger!

Personally, really don't concentrate on the fat too much (much to my mother's disapproval), but i am not flowing out of my shirts/pants at any rate. I want a 300kg deadlift, at any bodyweight, then i'll talk about leanness!

adidasboy I'm guessing it does, probably why all the powerlifters are fatty/beefy.
Go to a local meet near you,
http://www.powerliftingaustralia.com/Calendar2008.htm

- Sure, there are some 'fat' guys. But many are just ... well, 'normal'. That being, they don't have abs. And also, there are some absolutely jacked dudes who could hold there own, greased up, on stage. (actually, a few came from bodybuilding to powerlifting. Its all about the diet.)
- Everyone will also see how my 220kg deadlift is nothing to write home about. :(

NinjaSauce

HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahahahaha....

I don't look like one. I am a bit more than the normal size (as you see from the picture below. Thanks for your concern though.
No.

Bulk.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Well, you don't HAVE to bulk. I mean, it always your choice.

Anyways, You ain't fat.

Just stick to the big exercises, eat well, and eat enough. Let nature take it's course for a year, then think about number/weight/etc goals.

Aim for this guy! He is 15kg heavier than you, and still 'Skinny'. But he's crazy strong:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQfTgqQBok

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
foram said:
I'm almost 50kg, and i'm 173cm ish... I used to be like 53kg after eating lots for one year, and being really lazy, but I got sick and lost it all.
Haha shit me, you're so skinny, and I thought Iw as skinny.

rozymisty

HSC
I used to be really skinny, im 163cm and in 01 i weighed 55kg. Oh how i wish i was that now! I am now 82.2kg....need to lose 20kg by mid next year..want to lose that by this year though...but as long as i can fit into pants properly im fine.

Its better to bulk up in terms of muscle, not fat!! Please do not make the mistake of trying to put on weight and stuff by eating heaps and getting fat...its harder to lose than muscle.

quik.

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

Anyways, You ain't fat.

Just stick to the big exercises, eat well, and eat enough. Let nature take it's course for a year, then think about number/weight/etc goals.

Aim for this guy! He is 15kg heavier than you, and still 'Skinny'. But he's crazy strong:
What a beast... bookmarked.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
woah strong!! the way he lifts them weights looks dangerous lol

stargaze

HSC
Ninjasauce have u competed in a powerlifting Aus meet ?

Last edited:

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

Anyways, You ain't fat.

kids crazy.

NinjaSauce

HSC
stargaze said:
Ninjasauce have u competed in a powerlifting Aus meet ?
No, I'd get schooled. There are some scary strong people out there.

Also, well... I don't bench press. Which tends to make it hard to compete. :) I am overhead pressing at the moment, and once i get that up to a decent level, i'll try working in some benches again, hopefully with some professional instruction. Whenever i bench, i end up hurting myself. :(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
how did you guys get into strength training? i am interested in it, but i dont want to commit to a gym membership or anything like that incase i only do it for a week then get bored, plus its embarassing going to a gym, especially when i am weak as shit right now. Tell me a good way to get into it thats not a real commitment and full of encouragment rather than me trying to work out what to do on my own and i will end up sticking with it.

Maybe i should buy some equipment, whats the basics i need and how much would i be spending on this second hand? if i could get everything i need for only a few hundred i will do it.

quik.

HSC
No one at the gym will care about your lifts, everyone starts somewhere.

If you have friends who lift, hit them up. There's a tonne of stuff to read online if your keen, but don't get bogged down in planning the ultimate super sayan warrior program, if you're new to lifting you could look at a weight and get stronger.

As far as no committment goes, you'll get the best results from consistant effort.

WannaBang?

HSC
I've worked out on and off for the last 2 years (off periods seem to be so much longer than the on periods) and I've gained so much muscle. I'm one of the strongest people in my grade. :D

(I don't have a big head, it's just that we had a weights competition at school and I came second.)

WannaBang?

HSC
Serius said:
how did you guys get into strength training? i am interested in it, but i dont want to commit to a gym membership or anything like that incase i only do it for a week then get bored, plus its embarassing going to a gym, especially when i am weak as shit right now. Tell me a good way to get into it thats not a real commitment and full of encouragment rather than me trying to work out what to do on my own and i will end up sticking with it.

Maybe i should buy some equipment, whats the basics i need and how much would i be spending on this second hand? if i could get everything i need for only a few hundred i will do it.
My brother did pushups and situps 3 times a day at regular intervals and in 6 months time, he had the muscliest arms I'd seen in a long time. I'd post pictures but my brother is not the type to brag.

Everybody starts off weak, just build yourself up. I started off as a skinny, lanky kid without a shred of muscle, and now I'm one of the strongest in my grade.

Last edited:

Nat3skiz

HSC
WannaBang? said:
My brother did pushups and situps 3 times a day at regular intervals and in 6 months time, he had the muscliest arms I'd seen in a long time. I'd post pictures but my brother is not the type to brag.

Everybody starts off weak, just build yourself up. I started off as a skinny, lanky kid without a shred of muscle, and now I'm one of the strongest in my grade.
What workouts do you do?

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Serius said:

you should get a casual visit pass to your local gym before investing in equipment (which will set you back quite a bit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)