How many hours a day do you study now? (2 Viewers)

Jessicaz2910

HSC
do enough for your own needs, and it also depends on your subjects because i think science subjects are more understanding the topics and others are more content based like say history so the time spent on studying them would be different.

those people doing 4 hours slabs - WHY.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone who's saying 'you guys are studying too much, stop or you'll burn out!' is jelly, mad and mirin' that they were too lazy to put that work in themselves. Keep at it guys, your hard work in Prelim will definitely be rewarded later on.

For the record, I did ~5-6 hours /day on weekdays and 9-11 hours /day on weekends. An hour less per day during the HSC.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Everyone who's saying 'you guys are studying too much, stop or you'll burn out!' is jelly, mad and mirin' that they were too lazy to put that work in themselves. Keep at it guys, your hard work in Prelim will definitely be rewarded later on.

For the record, I did ~5-6 hours /day on weekdays and 9-11 hours /day on weekends. An hour less per day during the HSC.
Shittt.

And you did an hour less in HSC than Yr 11?

Lolwat

deswa1

HSC

Holy crap wow- I'm miring hard. Personally I did like 1 hour a day in Y11 and then about 3-4 in Y12- consistency I think is the key thing. Just do as much as you need to understand all your work and you'll be fine. Good luck guys

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Shittt.

And you did an hour less in HSC than Yr 11?

Lolwat
Haha yeah, people do a lot of unnecessary stuff in Prelim because of the hype, etc. Btw, I did a lot, but not as much as some others (I bludged 100% of the time at school, legit walked out of class to play handball).

enoilgam

HSC
Holy crap wow- I'm miring hard. Personally I did like 1 hour a day in Y11 and then about 3-4 in Y12- consistency I think is the key thing. Just do as much as you need to understand all your work and you'll be fine. Good luck guys
This pretty much - you should try to make your study goal oriented as opposed to being time oriented.

To be honest, I have never really understood the whole logic of slacking off in year 11. Yes, year 11 doesnt count - but putting in the effort then helps you to develop study strategies which you will need for year 12. I mean, if you were a football player and you had a Grand Final in two weeks, would you say "Ohh, who cares about training, it doesnt count I will just try on the day". As the old adage goes "Battles are won before they are fought".

In saying that, there probably are a few people who can bludge year 11 and then do well in the HSC - but I think they are in the minority (when I say bludge, I mean really bludge as in do nothing, not the BoS version of "bludge"). When I was doing the HSC, quite a few people came out of nowhere during the first two terms of the HSC, but died off around trial time. The people who stayed consistant and were on top at the end were the people who had put in the effort in previous years. Personally, I dont think I would have done nearly as well if I hadnt put in effort in the earlie yearsr.

However, whilst you should put in the effort in year 11, you shouldnt be killing yourself niether. With school, its not the work that will get to you, but the stress and pressure. So yes, put in the work, but dont stress too much about results and stuff for year 11.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah, people do a lot of unnecessary stuff in Prelim because of the hype, etc. Btw, I did a lot, but not as much as some others (I bludged 100% of the time at school, legit walked out of class to play handball).
Wow, the teachers let you?.. o_O

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This pretty much - you should try to make your study goal oriented as opposed to being time oriented.

To be honest, I have never really understood the whole logic of slacking off in year 11. Yes, year 11 doesnt count - but putting in the effort then helps you to develop study strategies which you will need for year 12. I mean, if you were a football player and you had a Grand Final in two weeks, would you say "Ohh, who cares about training, it doesnt count I will just try on the day". As the old adage goes "Battles are won before they are fought".

In saying that, there probably are a few people who can bludge year 11 and then do well in the HSC - but I think they are in the minority (when I say bludge, I mean really bludge as in do nothing, not the BoS version of "bludge"). When I was doing the HSC, quite a few people came out of nowhere during the first two terms of the HSC, but died off around trial time. The people who stayed consistant and were on top at the end were the people who had put in the effort in previous years. Personally, I dont think I would have done nearly as well if I hadnt put in effort in the earlie yearsr.

However, whilst you should put in the effort in year 11, you shouldnt be killing yourself niether. With school, its not the work that will get to you, but the stress and pressure. So yes, put in the work, but dont stress too much about results and stuff for year 11.

Love it

Demise

HSC
I hate to say it, but BoS doesnt give an accurate depiction of the student population - at all.
No where near it to be honest. The standard here for "enough study" and marks are for those looking at getting 90-95+ in their ATAR IMHO. Those students aiming for 70s and 80s don't need to be doing 5-8 hours daily to achieve that, but less. If you're looking at the 90s plus, 5-8 hours daily is satisfactory, maybe even more. This board represents the creme of the crop.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, the teachers let you?.. o_O
Yeah, they didn't care, helped us when we needed it, was the best thing ever. Used to play poker with a $1 big blind at the back of maths class, would stop playing and listen once every 20 minutes when a hard question came up, haha.

Good times!

enoilgam

HSC
So what kind of people are typical of the BoS community?
Mainly high achievers aiming for ATAR's in the 95+ region. Think of it this way, most of the BoS regulars do MX2 - looking around this site you couldnt be blamed for thinking that it is a common subject. Last year, only 3443 students out of 72,000 sat the course, which is a mere 4.7% of the total student population.

No where near it to be honest. The standard here for "enough study" and marks are for those looking at getting 90-95+ in their ATAR IMHO. Those students aiming for 70s and 80s don't need to be doing 5-8 hours daily to achieve that, but less. If you're looking at the 90s plus, 5-8 hours daily is satisfactory, maybe even more. This board represents the creme of the crop.
My response is more for people who want a high ATAR or want to achieve their best. If your aim is in the 70's or whatever, then obviously that high a level of effort is probably not required.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Yeah, they didn't care, helped us when we needed it, was the best thing ever. Used to play poker with a $1 big blind at the back of maths class, would stop playing and listen once every 20 minutes when a hard question came up, haha.

Good times!
Lol wow, but at your school everyone went tutoring, at mine, the teachers actually have to teach.

Which kinda sucks, but w/e lol.

HSC
I'm kind of used to such a spread of students because I go to a selective school lolol

George121

HSC
how do you people study 4+ hours a night?

i study 10 minutes here and there and i feel like i know everything and im sitting on a 90+ ATAR at the moment (only aiming for 81) and i havent really opened a book at all this year

I havent really started studying for the HSC, should i be worried?

Demise

HSC

i study 10 minutes here and there and i feel like i know everything and im sitting on a 90+ ATAR at the moment (only aiming for 81) and i havent really opened a book at all this year

How do you know you're on a 90?

enoilgam

HSC

It depends, if you feel you know the work you should be fine. As I alluded to before, everyone has a different study/effort to results ratio. Also, nothing is guaranteed at this point, so keep that in mind as well.

George121

HSC
its not a guaranteed 90 but i've asked for estimations based on my ranks and i was told 90+ but i'm not relying on it too much
I just don't feel the need to study, especially more than 5-10 minutes.

Maybe its because i have good memory and i've been able to remember most of the content throughout the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)