how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
tanjin said:
You have no idea how bad i am with these things. My 4u journal - the most obese thing you'll ever see, it was on my desk...underneath a pile of school shit and i couldn't find it. When i asked my brother if he'd seen it - he took one look at my desk and picked it out. That's how fucked i am. :)
4u journal! I had two. My first one wouldn't close so I had to bind it together with string, then I added ribbon to it just to make the ext2 markers happy. :) It ended up looking like a present.

I fear if I start a log book, it'll be blank.

amyg238

HSC
I've been averaging maybe 4 hours a day, but I seriously don't know where time is running off to.

No study tommorow though, its my BIRTHDAY. ooo only 37 minutes to go.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
amyg238 said:
I've been averaging maybe 4 hours a day, but I seriously don't know where time is running off to.

No study tommorow though, its my BIRTHDAY. ooo only 37 minutes to go.
34 minutes on my watch! A early happy birthday to you :D

FromDeeEast

HSC
footballstar said:
What if ur Asian and and ur self worth is determined by the uai u get.

What about the people with Asian parents who'll disown them if they get below 90.
i am egyptian my mum is a doctor and my dad is an engineer. I get alot of pressure to do well, but i talked to them and told them what "I" wanted to do and what "I" thought was right. My parents at beginning of prelim where determined for me to do med which I had no intention of doing.

And lol @ people who say that they will get disowned. your parents will love u no matter what, just because i didnt get first in the state / school doesnt mean they will disown u lol... Do you realise after u get into uni no 1 cares what uai u got? I've heard "the speech" 100 times, but think about it... is the richest person in the world? was he the 1 who got the highest mark? I highly doubt it

Sofstar

HSC
I find it extremely hard to do the blocks of hours and have decided to switch to the good old to do list.

freyasmeepeitew

HSC
:worried:

hsc is the worst. i do about 5 hours i day i guess.. i rely on the things done and to do list. getting really frustrated!!! anyone got any tips?

adeal

HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol.. my logbook's HUGE. so there's definitely no way i'm gonna lose it.. =D

and.. if i did lose it, then i'd probably slap myself in the face a bit...

coz... i'm attached to my logbook..

like... next to all the times that i wrote... there's like... little comments, like: "what were you DOING?????", "bah, idiot", "omg...... wow...... long time.....", "spent 5 minutes daydreaming.... stupid", "idiot, idiot, idiot..."....

lol... i love my book. <3
It sounds to me that you are obsesive. lighten up. the hsc isnt the end of the world. there is plenty of other ways of getting into uni. if you have been doing the work over the year you should be alright. and even if you havent a mavimum 5hrs should be enough.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
adeal said:
It sounds to me that you are obsesive. lighten up. the hsc isnt the end of the world. there is plenty of other ways of getting into uni. if you have been doing the work over the year you should be alright. and even if you havent a mavimum 5hrs should be enough.
Effective only when the person can study for 5 hours without being distracted. 6-8 hrs is a good number i think - leaves some time for those who tend to wonder.

eppingMCE

HSC
freyasmeepeitew said:
:worried:

hsc is the worst. i do about 5 hours i day i guess.. i rely on the things done and to do list. getting really frustrated!!! anyone got any tips?
A Good tip would be to stop surfing the net and get off boredofstudies

adeal

HSC
yeah i suppose 6-8hrs is alright. by the way how much study do you actualy do if your on here all of the time

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
adeal said:
yeah i suppose 6-8hrs is alright. by the way how much study do you actualy do if your on here all of the time
I don't study :)

I've only recently started some math but when im on the computer - i finish up my eng essays/stories etc.

champo14

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
bill gates dropped out in year 10.

**i think
Bill Gates got an SAT score of 1590, the perfect score is 1600, and only a handfull of people have only got that (including his business partner, I think)

So yeah, the richest dude in the world is pretty smart, and he got a pretty big number. But don't give up!

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
adeal said:
lol. yeah... now that i think about it, maybe i AM a little obsessive.... ^_^" But, i guess i constantly compare myself with how much study my friends are doing. coz, like, some of them will lock themselves in their room and study for ages, some will spend hours and hours at the library to force themselves to study... so, i guess.... well.. i dunno, really. maybe i AM obsessive? but, i guess i'm trying to make up for all the times i procrastinated this year...

oh, and, yeaaaahhhh.... i haven't really been doing much work this entire year... ><" so, that's why i'm choosing to put this final humungous effort in so i can pull my uai up.

and, true that the hsc isn't the end of the world.... but, i just don't like to think what'll happen if i don't get the uai i want/need. >_>"

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol. yeah... now that i think about it, maybe i AM a little obsessive.... ^_^" But, i guess i constantly compare myself with how much study my friends are doing. coz, like, some of them will lock themselves in their room and study for ages, some will spend hours and hours at the library to force themselves to study... so, i guess.... well.. i dunno, really. maybe i AM obsessive? but, i guess i'm trying to make up for all the times i procrastinated this year...

oh, and, yeaaaahhhh.... i haven't really been doing much work this entire year... ><" so, that's why i'm choosing to put this final humungous effort in so i can pull my uai up.

and, true that the hsc isn't the end of the world.... but, i just don't like to think what'll happen if i don't get the uai i want/need. >_>"
yeh i know what you mean. i am officially HSC obsessed, i could rival the huge nerdy guy in our school (who came first in 5 subjects) in obsessiveness. all i do is talk, think, breathe, dream about the hsc, its driving me a bit mad but if i get the result i hope for then it'll all be worth it.
i know i'll get into uni, it's more about just getting the UAI it's not even about the course anymore, i have backups which are almost the same thing anyway so yeah it's just become this "get as high a UAI as possible " obsession
bloody curries are all gonna call up and ask what i got , and it pisses me off that they all look down on me for the subjects i do thinking i wont do well cos of that GRRRR hence i just wanna beat their kids. though one of them got 99, i see no point in trying to beat him...lol
i study um.... no idea i just get up study, take a short break then get back to it, go out for a bit , study and so on

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahen said:
bloody curries are all gonna call up and ask what i got
Can't wait for that. Every curry thinks im going to ace the HSC because i do 4u english. Fuck! The fact that i haven't been studying very much....will hopefully make a difference to their opinions. They automatically assume that doing any 4u subject equals high uai.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Can't wait for that. Every curry thinks im going to ace the HSC because i do 4u english. Fuck! The fact that i haven't been studying very much....will hopefully make a difference to their opinions. They automatically assume that doing any 4u subject equals high uai.
QFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)