How will you organize your stuff? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
is anyone else using expandable folders?

How are you going to organise your expandable folders? One for each subject or what? IMO they have so many little slots I just don't know what to do with all of them.

xMaFF

HSC
:dog: Go Go Go ! :dog:

Ahahas, you guys! Getting me all excited for Prelims and stuff xD
I agree with a lot of the previous posts, especially with Cee.

I'm all organised in the beginning, everything's neat and in order.
But, as I progress, I have a very bad habit of just stacking books, sheets and textbooks into one massive pile on my desk.

When I need to use the desk for study, I dismantle the pile and re-locate it to the floor. Very neat. I ended up losing half the stuff and throwing it away at the end of the year... *FAIL*

Story of my life. T_T

I want to make it my new year's resolution that I'll always keep my desk clean and maintain my study materials in an organised manner. Still unsure on how I can achieve such a daunting task, but reading all of your posts has inspired me to take new approaches in organising my stuff.

I'll let you know when I get any ideas ;]
Please continue to share your methods of organising your study materials. :D :D

Amogh

HSC
N/A
jesus you guys put a loda thinking into this
i doubt its gonna be that hectic
is it? o_O

Cee.

HSC
I think I'm just going to get arch lever folders for each subject and leave it at home. I'll bring a small folder containing loose leafs + plastic sleeves to school. Then I'll go home and sort those loose leafs into each folders.

Has anyone try this method and is it effective?

felinkity

HSC
I think I'm just going to get arch lever folders for each subject and leave it at home. I'll bring a small folder containing loose leafs + plastic sleeves to school. Then I'll go home and sort those loose leafs into each folders.

Has anyone try this method and is it effective?
That's what i do - but i have a folder that is large enough to fit whole topics for each subject in it and only transfer things when i finish a topic (its really annoying if you transfer notes into your home folders for subjects like maths, but then can't go back to them when you forget things)

Also, i try and number or date every sheet so if i get my folder into a mess i can easily sort things out :)

FTW

HSC
last year i kept shoving all the sheet i got into my book and by the end of the year I had a 5cm pile of sheet in my maths, english and science books, so in total 15 cm for the year for only three subjects -.- my school is so unenvironmentally friendly...

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Im gonna organise my sheets/etc with yeh like everyone said those lever arch folders, and bring a binder folder to school with those loose leaflets papers and a notebook. Also, getting another bookself, since the one i got now is practically FULL.. =="

Last edited:

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
I'm using an a4 binder folder (the one with 4 rings) to put all my workbooks in, and for my subjects: legal studies, business studies and modern history i have a display folder ( 100 pockets)to put all my extra-sheet handouts in.. because i presume they will give out heaps of worksheets.
and as for ipt and english.. i have a4 display folders ( 60 pockets) to put all my hand outs in
:)

SImon05089

HSC
I'm using an a4 binder folder (the one with 4 rings) to put all my workbooks in, and for my subjects: legal studies, business studies and modern history i have a display folder ( 100 pockets)to put all my extra-sheet handouts in.. because i presume they will give out heaps of worksheets.
and as for ipt and english.. i have a4 display folders ( 60 pockets) to put all my hand outs in
:)
Hey that is exactly what I'm getting too! 60 pockets and 100 pockets...are those the ones from Big W, and there are red, black and blue folders?

The 60 slots costs $5 and the 100 slots costs around $7, right?

You stole my idea :cry:

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
hahaha yes the exact same ones. damnit i spent so much on that crap, along with my dad's stationery is costed $100+ lol :p

+1 rep for you hahaha xD

lil-chilean

HSC
folders baby and colour coordination.
each subject has a different colour and folder

SImon05089

HSC
hahaha yes the exact same ones. damnit i spent so much on that crap, along with my dad's stationery is costed $100+ lol :p

+1 rep for you hahaha xD
Yeah i know, i was thinking at the shops, dammit should i buy it or not, no next time i go out with mum, i will make her pay for me =)! but i thought again, no i want to get it organised now, but then my gf, she was with me, she said just wait until back to school sale, and i was like man, that is long that is ages away, i want it now!!

But i thought clearly again, i should just wait...just around a month away...I can wait =) I hope the folders are actually discounted !! or else....ah! :mad1:

Sorry i dont know how to rep, do i just type +1 and it just reps you automatically?

But anyways, these folders are good =) You made the right choice!!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Well, I HAVE to use folders and plastic sleeves and etc, because my school forces this study program on us (called BOOST, supposed to BOOST our chances in education :S), and one of the requirements were having those equipment.

So I don't really think I'll fall out of that habit, considering I've been doing it for the past year anyway :\

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Last year I got lots of sheets and they would just be eaten by locker although I would have a binder for each subject and loose leaf paper so I could have accompanying sheets close.

Towards the second half of the year I used a laptop and had a folder for each subject and a document for each term, sheets were just put in my diary.

For this year I'll be going Livescribe pen and books since I need to work on my handwriting and hopefully having the audio accompying the text will help me work out what I have written :)

HSC
My advice would be to keep it simple, easy and logical. Extravagant plans are great in theory but once the assignments and tests come in you won't have time to waste.

In year 11 I did exercise books with display folders for sheets. Display folders drove me insane and broke in my bag, so this year I'm using those clear document wallets. At home I have a binder for each subject, where I divide my syllabus notes into respective topics and holepunch all worksheets I get in class.

I hope this helps, organisation is so important in year 11 and 12 :)

Schoey93

HSC
jesus you guys put a loda thinking into this
i doubt its gonna be that hectic
is it? o_O
I'm going to call you Zach (Zach henwood) because you hae yet to admit that you are not him... leading me to believe combined with a conversation or three I overheard between Zach and his GF...

you probably are Zach

Now, Zach lol if that is your real name bwahaha

I totally agree with you. Senior school is overrated IMO

+10 reputation points for you boy:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)