HPV Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
sleepplease said:
The vaccine is not mandatory. Several girls in my grade refused it and parental consent is required.
Okay, thanks (and thanks for informing). I would never have a clue, as they don't vaccinate juniors, nor adults - just a specific age-group of young adults/teens, who are in years 10, 11, and 12.

Also, apparently they have a similar issue in the States with the State's liberties; whether they were allowed to simply vaccinate without consent.
It is believed by those standardising the vaccination that the possibility of contracting those forms of cancers are so low that a vaccination would not be worth it. Obviously - or they would issue the vaccinations to boys.
Why of course. I see it nigh-impossible that a male could get HPV, but who knows.
sle3pe3bumz said:
I'm getting mine soon I think. I should really remember to give it in. ><"

Btw, do you get to choose which arm ? LOL :p
For your sakes, I hope that you get to choose which arm that will endure the jab.
Also, ... good luck (?), have fun (?), and try not to dwell on the innoculation and the pain.:)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
ahah .. lol thanks for that you guys.

& now im am currently filling out the form so I don't forget. ^^

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Got mine today.

I fainted and collapsed 10 minutes after :eek:, haha.
But that was only because I was silly. Tried to move away from the hall where everyone was talking about it since it made me feel whoozy, half way out the door and I'm down. :mad1:

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
I hope it doesn't hurt too much. When i got the tetnis one my arm was sore for days, i had to play netball with it and I couldn't shoot =[

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Guess it's different for everyone, but for me it killed in the first few minutes. Now my arm's perfectly fine though, it's my other arm that I can't move since I collapsed on it when I fell. Hope it'll be back to normal by Friday or else it'll get even worse in the mosh pit. :(

cccclaire

HSC
Faytle said:
Guess it's different for everyone, but for me it killed in the first few minutes. Now my arm's perfectly fine though, it's my other arm that I can't move since I collapsed on it when I fell. Hope it'll be back to normal by Friday or else it'll get even worse in the mosh pit. :(
what concert are you going to?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Guys actually can get HPV, and there are some pretty serious consequences, albeit not as common as cervical cancer, since it's visible and can be treated, thus. Untreated genital warts dued to HPV can cause things such as... Penile cancer? =( Ouch =(
That would hurt alot.

Skeeta

HSC
bassqueen16 said:
sif care about school girls if they're gonna complain and whinge about it, what about all the ppl over 18 who actually ARE active and more likely to have HPV? They have to wait until July or something :S And i dont even think its free then...
After July you can get it free from your doctor if you are under 26 years old.

ellen.louise

HSC
LottoX said:
I dunno, I probably read that from some really lame unreputable source, but it's stuck with me.
Guys can get cancer and other bad stuff from HPV but it's much less common than in women, and it's not proven yet that the vaccine will be beneficial to men. Thus we ended up with a classful of giggling guys who thought the word 'cervix' was bloody hilarious...

kylie_robbo

The reason they aren't immunising the guys is that the vaccine hasn't completed its testing for males. Have a look at the Gardisal website (google it) or the HPV vaccine site, and that will explain it all.

Girls who aren't at school and who are under 26 - if your Doctor is being smart (and by that I mean keeping up to date with their recalls) you ought to get a letter between now and July letting you know that you can come into the surgery to receive the vaccine free of charge.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
I'm sure i've mentioned this smewhere before,
but i'd just like to thank the Minister for Health... [tony Abott or whoever]
for keeping my Vagina Wart Free!

And if the man in charge of the needle distriibution was ABott, i'd like to thank his Catholic faith for helping him believe that ALL year 10, 11 and 12 girls are still virgins and are thus worthy of the [supposedly?] $600 vaccine. [ie.. apparently the vaccine isnt as effective in those whoare sexually active!]

:wave: :santa: :)
lol..thats the best i could do in response

ellen.louise

HSC
LottoX said:
Umm... It doesn't matter if it's beneficial or not. As long as it stops transmission, it's done its job.
You have a point...
Sadly, though, the government is not gonna pay for them until they HAVE to.

How bad was the debate about this! Conservative old men talking about how the vaccine was going to make young girls promiscuous and thus vaccine should NOT be given...
cause 16 year old girls ALWAYS think about the risk of cervical cancer before having sex, DONT THEY!!!

Hooray for the wart free vagina!!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its cos it costs about $400 Million over 3 yrs to just to do females 13-26...
efficacy is best in younger persons... 12-15
females bear the burden in terms of disease... 99.7% of cervix cancer have HPV genes in them.. this would lead to about $300 million up to $1Bn in saving over the next 20 or so yrs..

Perianal and penial cancers are so low in terms of things that kill u..and in males the only significant thing in terms of public health is temporary uncomfortable warts... to prevent this.. when we could give out about 400 billion pamphalets.. to scare the shit out of boys.. its jsut not cost effective.. and those 2 cancers dun realli kill ppl... cervix cancer is fucking scary.. im glad i dun have one of those bad boys..

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sleepplease said:
Yes guys SHOULD get this for two reasons.

1. HPV can cause penial cancer in guys (less common than the incidence of cervical cancer, but none the less important)

2. Guys can pass it on. If they are vaccinated they wont be able to get it and give it to unvaccinated partners.

EDIT: is isnt available free for guys yet because its effectivity on penial cancer hasnat been fully tested, and because the incidence of penial cancer is so much less common. However, point number 2, IMO is sufficent a reason to get guys vaccinated.
I plan on getting vaccinated at some point[ i was hoping price would drop or the government would cover it... maybe after the penile cancer research is done or something]
I dont want to be responsible for a loved one getting cancer and dying.

I am curious though, everyone freaks out about going to get the HPV vaccination, but how many of those people get a Hep C vaccination[pretty sure you can get it for free aswell]
and what are you more likely to die from, cervical cancer or hep c...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardasil#_note-15 said:
Many such groups also expressed fears that vaccination with Gardasil might give girls a false sense of security regarding sex and increase their level of promiscuity
Fuck that shits me to tears, every time some sort of new technolodgy comes out that could save lives, all the fudnamentalists jump on the bandwagon and say it makes people more promiscious[like being comfortable with your sexuality is a bad thing] not only is it completely unfounded in logic, its proven wrong and if anything it might even be the oposite like with all those fundies saying that sexual education makes people more promiscious, then statistics came back a few years later showing all those students who got the shitty sex ed[ like " say no to sex" and no info on protection] ended up getting pregnant and STD riddled.

The only thing this vaccination will do is stop girls getting cervix cancer and make our treasurer cry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)