HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
insecure

i feel i did really horribly on chemistry. do u think i can still pull my rank up? :( this is worth 15percent. hypothetically say i came last out of 90, which i wont be surprised if i did. do u think i can get up to 20/90 in the end? (that was my old rank :()

Last edited by a moderator:

tennille

HSC
gobaby said:
i feel i did really horribly on chemistry. do u think i can still pull my rank up? :( this is worth 15percent. hypothetically say i came last out of 90, which i wont be surprised if i did. do u think i can get up to 20/90 in the end? (that was my old rank :()
Yes. Technically, your assessment is only worth 7.5% of your final HSC result. That is only a small amount. You have plenty of time to increase your rank.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Don't worry, you still have at least 3 more oppurtunities to improve your rank. You still have your half yearlies, your trials, and the final hsc, which are worth most of of your total marks. So don't be ashamed of how you went this time, there's plenty of room for improvement, go baby, go!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
did the maths one today. pretty good :D i'm confident that i'll do ok, which has really never happened to me before where maths is concerned. so thats a good sign.

stainmepink

HSC
thanks guys, i'll post up my results when i get them. and congradulations to you all, you sound like you did really well :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I've just had my first English assessment today omg! We had to write an essay in 40 minutes. I'm so glad it's over......for the moment.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We had extra 5 mins (45 mins total) with 5 mins reading time. :p
How many pages did you write Trebla? (I wrote 9 BOS booklet pages XD)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Riviet said:
We had extra 5 mins (45 mins total) with 5 mins reading time. :p
How many pages did you write Trebla? (I wrote 9 BOS booklet pages XD)
I wrote 3.5 lined A4 pages (perhaps 6-7 BOS booklet pages?). My writing is relatively small compared to everyone elses, but the quality should still be there. I did manage to finish it with like a minute left to spare and the fact that I won't have to endure that again (perhaps until the exams) is all that matters now. :D
What question did you get? The question we had to write about was something like this:

"Journeys transform the individual and the knowledge of his or her world"
Assess this in the light of your understanding of the texts you have studied.

So now, as I turn my back and take a break from looking at emotional and physical problems of the journey in english, I now must concentrate on solving geometric and algebraic problems in maths. lol

Nat_nat

Hmm all u ppl go so well!><

ive only handed in 3/4 assessments...
eng - 11/15
Legal H/R issue - 15/15
Chem - pending
Modern - not handed in yet but its source based so im shitting myself...its gah so stupid!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our question was like this:
Using your prescribed text, one stimulus booklet text, and one related text of your choosing, explain how each has contributed to your understanding of the physical journey and it's significance.

And i was like, on my god, i wrote my practice essay for greater understanding of the physical journey which is virtually the same thing! So i basically copied out my essay that i had with me (ours was open book if you didn't know) and reworded the topic sentences and main parts. Hoping to get 12-13/15.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
my 1st hsc assessment task will begin in 83 hours time.
It's an english task on journeys.
We listen to a tape, twice then write something relating to a stimulus text. The whole thing takes an hour or so.

HSC
Just word of advice from 05'er guys. Every assessment counts as harsh as it does sound, however you can make up for poor marks and you have LOTS of time, never forget that. Start now and you will stress tenfold less. People who are currently going well, don't get cocky, HSC gets alot harder especially between after half yearlies and prior trials, however I do applaud you guys on some real kickass results.

Good luck :p

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Riviet, by any chance do you go to Saint Aloysius?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)