HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
had an english assessment today, oral task. i know i had the content of the speech down pat but i was so f***ing nervous for some reason...normally i can gesture and smile and make eye contact and be all confident but not today :( i think knowing that it counts, like REALLY counts, made me shit myself. eeep. hoping i'll be able to scrape an A, doesnt look much like it now though...

P

pLuvia

I wish it had done mine today :( oh well, have to wait till next tuesday :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I find it really easy to totally forget that it counts as part of the HSC and treat it like any other assessment that i've done but do my best as i usually do. Maybe because i'm such an absent minded person. I can sometimes forget to do stuff that i just remembered a second ago. :rolleyes:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I find it really easy to totally forget that it counts as part of the HSC and treat it like any other assessment that i've done but do my best as i usually do. Maybe because i'm such an absent minded person. I can sometimes forget to do stuff that i just remembered a second ago. :rolleyes:
one of my teacher said you shouldnt think constantly that every assignment will count to the hsc because you stress heaps and that when your under stress you would sometimes do the most stupid things. as you see then the people whom are calm and don't stress a lot would always produce the best work particularly under exam conditions

tennille

HSC
I think the best way to think about it is that your assessments are only contributing to half of your final HSC results. The trials are usually worth around 40% of your assessment mark, but it is only contributing to 20% of your final result.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
As Tennille said, the assessments only count for 50% of your mark in that subject. So if something's weighting is say, 10%, then it is 10% of 50% of your total mark, which equals 5% of total hsc mark for that subject.
I like to think of it that way.

P

pLuvia

Nar, that just makes me not work harder for it :D, but now that you say :(

stainmepink

HSC
don't worry! just go in there and thrash everybody. if youve studied and done your homework, you'll be fine

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The biggest worries are the HSC exams in 11 months time.
Assessments? Use them as practice in the leadup for the big thing. Not forgetting that each exam/ assignment is big too.

HSC
Gone pretty well so far:

Modern- 29/30
English Ad- 28/30
EE2- 9/10
Business- 28/30

EE1 still pending and ISP for 2U Relgion due next term. Ext Hist we dont seem to have assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)