• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
XcarvengerX said:
Not happy today. Got my Math Extension 1 test back.
21/33 (4th/10)
not too bad carvenger .. but can vastly improve on it. i recommend trying to ace your half yearlies in extension maths ;)

Boxxxhead : very nice!! i wish i got something like that for english!! :(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Shazz..
My assessment week starts on Monday. English. It concludes on thursday arvo, i think. This really is annoying.

Can someone answer this question.
When marks adjusted according to weights, are decimal places kept?
Like 10% weighting for maths, 37/40. That's like 9.25. Is that rounded down?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Sparcod said:
Shazz..
My assessment week starts on Monday. English. It concludes on thursday arvo, i think. This really is annoying.

Can someone answer this question.
When marks adjusted according to weights, are decimal places kept?
Like 10% weighting for maths, 37/40. That's like 9.25. Is that rounded down?
umm at my school, they add all the *exact* weighting values together, then they round down/up to the nearest whoel number.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yay, got physics assessment task today. We had to do write a written response on transformers. I got 27/30, ranked about 4th. :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
got back my history assessment today: 20/25, ranked proably about 5th. i was happy though, considering that i thought i was going to fail.
had an english assessment today too, that went okay. results pending.

biggie walls

HSC
Happy day today: - got 29/30 on first marking for visual arts major work (ive only dropped 2 marks in assessments so far - 58/60 total :)

and also my business teacher saw me and told me I did well in the business finance test saying generally I only lost a couple of half marks... so looking forward to getting that back :)

PWNAGE!!!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
biggie walls said:
Happy day today: - got 29/30 on first marking for visual arts major work (ive only dropped 2 marks in assessments so far - 58/60 total :)

and also my business teacher saw me and told me I did well in the business finance test saying generally I only lost a couple of half marks... so looking forward to getting that back :)

PWNAGE!!!
very nice biggie walls! congrats! ^^

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Got my english and business studies marks back 2 day:

I was fully stoked with these marks

English - King lear Speech 15/20 (my last exam was 10/20)

Business Studies- Test- 37/40 - multiple choice 18/20, short answer 19/20
(Equal second in class, which boosts my 17/20 report mark from last term)

WOO HOO

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
kathelle said:
I absolutely fucked my English Adv half yearly. It was so shocking, but luckily it was only worth 10%. I got 81% for Business Studies which was the second top mark (ranked 3rd though because two girls tied at #1). The average was about 60-something %, so I was quite happy. I got 54.5/66 for my physics half yearly, which was 2nd top mark.

I haven't got back my software exam, hopefully I will get top (considering there are 3 of us).....Im quite scared because it was a fucked exam.) My maths (2U and Ext 1) will hopefully be quite good. At the moment Im ranked 1st in 2 Unit, cos I got 99% in the one test we did. I don't want my ranking to go down ;). My maths results should be my strong point, Im just hoping I didn't fuck them up because Im relying on them to do well.
..3 uses of profanity in one post. wow. never knew you relied so much on profanity. = =''

good work though..

im getting an english task back 2morrow ... i hope i did better than my last 2.. = =''

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
umm I got 20/25 in Modern, ranked 4th. This was seriously disappointing for me, as I came 1st in the prelims (doing the exact same sort of essay formatting etc.) and I thought I deserved a lot more. It was made worse as one person got 25/25 and usually he struggles in History essays. :( Oh well...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
umm I got 20/25 in Modern, ranked 4th. This was seriously disappointing for me, as I came 1st in the prelims (doing the exact same sort of essay formatting etc.) and I thought I deserved a lot more. It was made worse as one person got 25/25 and usually he struggles in History essays. :( Oh well...
go up to the history department and try to get extra marks... just say that you believe you should be getting more marks, blah blah blah, and yeah. although, may only just work for assignments.

@kathelle : there's still no need to swear online though. = ='' what's the point in doing so? o_O

busted

HSC
I have done my 2U maths I think I did ok. I have done my english assesment and I have another one this friday and I have an economics one the same day. Then the tuesday after that I have the second part of the economics. The friday after that I have a biology test and a business studies assesment. I have some very busy weeks ahead of me.
Im going to :bomb:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
14/20 for modern history essay. pretty disappointed but doesn't count to anything so it's ok =] also finally got rid of my ISP assignment ! THANK GOD. never want to hear the word St Paul again lol.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
English Ext 13.5/15, beaten by a 14/15 and a 14.5/15.

But that's ok. I'll kill them both soon enough. Kill them all.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Wow, you sound just like my psychologist. We should get together sometime. At night. In an alley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)