I got 81.00, and did nothing all year. (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^agreed. But I skip school without my parents' consents. Hopefully they never find about that.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
dp624 said:
Nah, we jig to study
lol jks
I jig with my parents' consent.
So by jiging you mean not coming to school at all, right? You don't mean jig in the middle of the day, do you? That is what I do when I'm when I know that I'm going to be stuck next period with a teacher who does n't have a clue on how to teach.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Dragonmaster262 said:
So by jiging you mean not coming to school at all, right? You don't mean jig in the middle of the day, do you? That is what I do when I'm when I know that I'm going to be stuck next period with a teacher who does n't have a clue on how to teach.
Yeah, I never leave school when I go because I am afraid that I might get caught. But if I cannot be bothered, I don't go at all.

Skipping for a break is fine. But over-misuse of such an opportunity shouldn't occur.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
lyounamu said:
^agreed. But I skip school without my parents' consents. Hopefully they never find about that.
My parents don't even care when I jig. My dad always says:

"The place where you lose 6 hours of your study time is that crap school that you go to."

I remember once when I got a truanting note mailed home. When my mom read it my heart started beating really hard, but then my mom said: "What does truanting mean?"

LOL, the benefits of having Asian parents. :lol:

dp624

HSC
lol haha, when i jig i either not turn up at all and stay home
or i go to the library and study there instead of class. i dont think i get caught often (only two unexplained partial absences on my report)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
dp624 said:
lol haha, when i jig i either not turn up at all and stay home
or i go to the library and study there instead of class. i dont think i get caught often (only two unexplained partial absences on my report)
Why do you jig class though? Is it because you have poor teachers who don't know how to teach?

dp624

HSC
Dragonmaster262 said:
Why do you jig class though? Is it because you have poor teachers who don't know how to teach?
yeah that. or i know the stuff already and don't want to waste time..

i jig the entire day if i have less than 2 productive periods.

it got kinda bad after trials, noone was doing stuff.

sirfeathers

HSC
Dragonmaster262 said:
it's a very common practice after the HSC trials. When you're not really learning anything, and you're pretty sure that you could be revising more effectively without the teacher, a lot of people just stay at home to work by themselves.

That said though, I had a 100% attendance record this year:angel: didn't even get sick!

Although I did suffer from the above issue. My Physics teacher was so bad that no-one ever learned anything from him. So some of us just skipped, the rest of us just read our textbook and did our own work while he was rambling on obliviously (or maybe not so obliviously).

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
our school doesn't like you missing class before assessments...you'd lose 30% if you skip any day thats 1 week b4 an assessment if u dont have a really good reason.

so if u skip 2 days, u lose 60% of ur mark..

sirfeathers

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
our school doesn't like you missing class before assessments...you'd lose 30% if you skip any day thats 1 week b4 an assessment if u dont have a really good reason.

whoa. that's harsh. fair though. i remember there were guys skipping the whole week before our 4U assessments, then showing up the day before so the "day before" BOS rule couldn't be applied.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
sirfeathers said:
whoa. that's harsh. fair though. i remember there were guys skipping the whole week before our 4U assessments, then showing up the day before so the "day before" BOS rule couldn't be applied.
There is a "day before" BOS rule?

Because at my school people are always having days off before the assessment is due so they can study at home.
What I think is ridiculous is that people just go to a doctor and get a doctors certificate when they are perfectly fine and they have just been studying.
Doctors don't seem to care who they give them out to.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:

Because at my school people are always having days off before the assessment is due so they can study at home.
What I think is ridiculous is that people just go to a doctor and get a doctors certificate when they are perfectly fine and they have just been studying.
Yes, it does happen. I have seen such abhorrent acts for the past few months with our first HSC internal assessments. But what can we do against that?

Hopefully, they get the justice that they deserve at the end.

Logjammin'

HSC
my first post on these bastard forums..

No study here either and pulled an 81.7. For the first time I've begun looking at uni courses.

Unfortunately, I am not a hot white chick.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:

that's really unlucky

i used to do that right before trials and some previous assessments and don't see how you can do any harm by wanting to do extra study at home

sirfeathers

HSC
Sarah182 said:

yeah it ia BOS policy that if you are away on the day of/ the day before a HSC assessment, you need a doctor's certificate otherwise the assessment counts for 0. Actually i'm not sure what the punishment is but I think that's it

dp624

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:

Oh what, thats BS
i never had that rule?

if you skip on the day of assessments you lost 20% etc.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
sirfeathers said:
yeah it ia BOS policy that if you are away on the day of/ the day before a HSC assessment, you need a doctor's certificate otherwise the assessment counts for 0. Actually i'm not sure what the punishment is but I think that's it
My school has that rule but none of the teachers care about it. Once we had a Geography Assessment Task on the last day of Term 3. Nobody wanted to do it so only like 8 kids turned up. The teacher was forced to reschedule it to early Term 4.

AhiLL92

HSC
LOL my ASS that u didn study and stuff haha i meann if u say wat u did u woulda probably got lyk 50somethin LIAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)