I wanna tone up - advice? (1 Viewer)

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Protein powder is crap.
Have a large glass of milk and a steak once your finished lifting weights.
Will be way more effective then protein powder crap

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
She could be 8 foot and 130kg?
o_o

I am about 58kg and no clue how tall but I'd say very close to whatever the average height is for an 18 year old girl.

Thanks alot for the advice guys
I don't exercise at all and I've never gone on a diet my whole life, so this may sound like a stupid question, but will results be fairly immediate or will they take forever to show?

I want female abs damn it :p

shuttle_bus5

HSC
You can get noticeable physiological health gains after 12 weeks.
If diet+exercise is maintained

shuttle_bus5

HSC

Protein supplements are pretty much just a high concentration of protein, which gets delivered to the muscles quicker for growth and repair.
If you have a high source of protein 30 mins or so after a session, such as milk and steak, your circulation is at its max, therefore protein can get delivered just as quickly to the muscles, having the same affect as the powders.
Ultimately protein is protein. It can come into your body as $100 protein powders or a glass of milk.
If protein is taken in the same dosage, it will have the same effect regardless of how it entered the body.
But yeah.
Don't waste your money on protein shakes/powders.
They are full of shit.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes i know what protein powder is, its just that.. you can get the same amount of protein in a couple of scoops as you can in about 10 eggs, and sometimes its just not a viable option to consume 10 eggs.

also, having a scoop of protein powder in a milkshake contains WAYY more protein than a glass of milk.

ultimately it depends on if you get enough protein in your diet to assist in the healing and growth of your muscles.

i know i dont, which is why i bought some protein powder to consume in my diet.
My diet is basically the only thing that's holding me back atm, so for me its a viable option.

There's no point in saying 'its crap', yes it does the job just like how eating steak does the job, but a couple scoop of powder would contain the same amount of protein in a piece of steak, and i might not be able to eat an entire slab of steak, but a large milkshake is easily do-able.

Last edited:

shuttle_bus5

HSC
You don't need that much protein.
There is only x amount of protein used by the muscles and generally sufficient from milk + meat after exercise.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Yeah im saying have it on top of a regular diet. I guarantee it will give you the same results.
I used to use supplements until my friend told me about milk+meat trick.
I didn't believe him at first.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
all depends on how big you are and how much you weigh, as long as you get enough protein into your system (whether its in the form of steak, chicken, powder).

also, this thread is about toning up, not bulking up, lol.
protein should NOT be the aim, just heaps of cardio and salads, fruits, lean meats, no sugar, and some light weights.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Definitely agree, people who think that it just naturally makes you increase or sustain muscle mass are dumb as fuck. Protein should be considered as a fuel, if not burnt then it will only add weight to the body, if used, it repairs damaged muscle fibres etc and eventually builds muscle mass.

- I was told that any more than 3 eggs is useless in terms of toning up or normal building of muscle. I only eat 3 eggs per day. Ronnie Coleman was my advisor here lol I don't boil them though, i just drink them raw.

-Ok, so if you want to just merely tone up, then aerobic(e.g. 30min run/jog/walk)---> Moderate weights (slightly >60% of maximum you can lift) and relatively high reps (10-15/set and 5 sets) will build lean muscle mass.

Suggested exercises:

Arms- Preacher Curl, Dumbrell curl, cable pull downs, cable pull ups, tricep extensions, dumbrell kickbacks
Back- Lat pull downs, support row, hyperextension, wide angle chinup
Abs (basically numerious exercises)-Cable crunches, Decline crunches, toe tap...theres plenty on the net.

Other cool tips:
-Wholgrain bread over white
-Skim mild over full cream
-Turkey over Chicken
-Drink Coffee pre-exercise, it metabolises fat stores
-Do you most important exercise in the morning for boys, testostrone levels are peaks therefore max gains
-Cottage cheese over regular

Protein powder is crap.
Have a large glass of milk and a steak once your finished lifting weights.
Will be way more effective then protein powder crap
Read above, you don't know...protein is basically a bit of steak and milk that is refined into a pure form .'. cutting out any unwanted fat or carbohydrate.

Protein Powder is good if you know which to buy and use it according to the instructions. Musashi WPI is excellent for lean muscle mass.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
There are so many things with this its not funny.
Burning protein is incredibly dangerous.
The by products are toxic.
dude, it was an analogy, "Consider protein as a fuel (like in a car)"... I'm not saying Only burn protein, because your body only uses protein for daily function if you are starving to death or other such emergencies

shuttle_bus5

HSC
dude, it was an analogy, "Consider protein as a fuel (like in a car)"... I'm not saying Only burn protein, because your body only uses protein for daily function if you are starving to death or other such emergencies
ahh i see.
Apologies for the misinterpretation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)