im sick and tired! (1 Viewer)

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Excuses.. He never posted this video in his original post so he never meant it. Period and end.
You still haven't answered my other question though...

Please respond

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I post a thread telling people to stop posting shit about UWS or about us because we go to UWS and here you are posting rubbish. What part of "stop posting shit" dont you understand?
Every uni has smart students and as you state "ultra fuckwits". Honestly, it doesnt take a fantastic atar to get into science or maths or engineering or arts at usyd or unsw, so i have no idea why youre pretending to be superior to other students.
when did I ever say that I thought I was superior

I was just pointing out that the assertions you made in the original post were actually incorrect

I know how you don't like actual rational discussion about things, but come on

also:

lol uws

Last edited:

bladeys

HSC
N/A
I'm honestly sick and tired of people bagging out uws. If you don't like uws, maybe you should just fuck off and stop posting in this uni's sub forum. The teaching at uws is fantastic, the facilities are very good. The atmosphere is laid back and fun. Just like how we don't bag out your uni, don't bag out ours. We try hard, we study, we get good graded and we enjoy our uni experiences (us bosers) so what makes you better than us?

Hello Anastacia, nice to meet you

Last edited:

Cl324

HSC
N/A
*He. So wait a second, you seem to present yourself as superior and seem to view the UWS kids as inferior; when I have a picture of me with my shirt off and my face clearly in range, my profile calls me male and there is absolutely nothing on my post/profile that says I am female. Oh wait, but you're heaps smart because you're at another uni right?. You need to undergo a bachelor of gender verification.
U GO GURLFR3N!

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Excuses.. He never posted this video in his original post so he never meant it. Period and end.
your lack of knowledge is actually amusing lol you uncultured cunt

Everyone on the planet knows what "She doesnt even go here!" means...It was fairly damn humid today, I hope the rock you live under kept you nice and cool

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Honestly, it doesnt take a fantastic atar to get into science or maths or engineering or arts at usyd or unsw
For USYD:

- B Arts (Media and Communication): 98.50
- B Arts (Languages): 98.55
- B Arts (Advanced): 98.55
- B Aeronautical Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Mechanical Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Mechatronic Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Civil Geotechnical Engineering: 99.15
- B Bioelectronic Engineering: 98.40

I believe UNSW has similar cut-offs.

muhahahahaha, suppose you needed 85 ATAR to get into your course at UWS or 95 for UNSW or USYD, and you got 96.

Tell me sincerely, which you would pick?

It's something we all don't say, but we think it. The vast majority of people only go to UWS if:

1. They didn't get the cut-off for other Universities but made it for UWS (probably 90% of the cases)

2. They offer a degree that not many other Universities offer (like the MBBS).

It's because of Option #1 that many people generally have low opinions of UWS. It's perceived to be the "Damn, I didn't make *insert larger Uni*, but at least I can get into UWS" option.

HSC
Uni Grad
Just bluescreened writing a post to this :(:cry::(:cry:

Anywho the main point is uws has a higher ultra fuckwit to dedicated/committed student ratio than other unis in the sydney area due to the location and lower reqs (although atar isnt that great at determining who will perform best at uni, students who achieve higher ones are more likely to study frequently and do well than those who dont). It's quite probably a decent/great uni (i have no idea tbh), just comparatively it has a larger population of people who arent as studious.
Of course there's plenty of smart people at uws, just that that's how almost everyone is at the other unis.

I'm unsure as to how ~bad~ any/many/some of the students are and how much difference it makes comparative to other unis but it would definitely exist to some extent. Maybe it's pooped on disproportionately online to what it's really like idk.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
For USYD:

- B Arts (Media and Communication): 98.50
- B Arts (Languages): 98.55
- B Arts (Advanced): 98.55
- B Aeronautical Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Mechanical Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Mechatronic Space Engineering: 99.45
- B Civil Geotechnical Engineering: 99.15
- B Bioelectronic Engineering: 98.40

I believe UNSW has similar cut-offs.

muhahahahaha, suppose you needed 85 ATAR to get into your course at UWS or 95 for UNSW or USYD, and you got 96.

Tell me sincerely, which you would pick?

It's something we all don't say, but we think it. The vast majority of people only go to UWS if:

1. They didn't get the cut-off for other Universities but made it for UWS (probably 90% of the cases)

2. They offer a degree that not many other Universities offer (like the MBBS).

It's because of Option #1 that many people generally have low opinions of UWS. It's perceived to be the "Damn, I didn't make *insert larger Uni*, but at least I can get into UWS" option.
Proximity would probably account for quite a few too though.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Proximity would probably account for quite a few too though.
This is indeed very true.

I think there is one BOS'er on here (Riproot I believe) who lives very close to UWS, yet still chose to go to USYD despite UWS being so much closer.

But out of fairness, there are many people who can't afford the travel time due to other commitments etc.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, UWS pretty much accepts anyone into their university. Not trying to be offensive or anything, plus they offer a ridiculous amount of bonus points (up to 10), meaning most people who do their HSC can get in without even giving a solid effort. I do agree that people who downgrade UWS are ignorant people, but just learn to deal with it, it's going to become a more common thing for you now.

And yeah like the dude said above, I know a few people who get in their 90's attending UWS, due to proximity/scholarships and also other factors. UWS is still a uni lol... you pretty much learn the same thing, whatever uni you are from.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, UWS pretty much accepts anyone into their university. Not trying to be offensive or anything, plus they offer a ridiculous amount of bonus points (up to 10), meaning most people who do their HSC can get in without even giving a solid effort. I do agree that people who downgrade UWS are ignorant people, but just learn to deal with it, it's going to become a more common thing for you now.
If she (or anyone else) thinks the shit they cop is unfair (ignoring the whole who gives a shit what intercunts think) and they can be bothered to write up counter arguments or just general reasons why they like uws and what not, I say go for it.

So long as they dont degrade into stupid shitflinging trolly polly fights (they will).

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If she (or anyone else) thinks the shit they cop is unfair (ignoring the whole who gives a shit what intercunts think) and they can be bothered to write up counter arguments or just general reasons why they like uws and what not, I say go for it.

So long as they dont degrade into stupid shitflinging trolly polly fights (they will).
Huh o_O??

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just saying 'deal with it' wont fix the problem, if there is one and if anybody cares enough to want to change people's opinions.
What will help it is to talk about their positive experiences and what makes uws good/fun/enjoyable etc.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm just saying 'deal with it' wont fix the problem, if there is one and if anybody cares enough to want to change people's opinions.
What will help it is to talk about their positive experiences and what makes uws good/fun/enjoyable etc.
I get told all the time that my degree (pure math) is useless, regardless of what University I am studying at.

However, idgaf and I don't get insulted when people say so.

Maybe it's just me.

HSC
Uni Grad
I get told all the time that my degree (pure math) is useless, regardless of what University I am studying at.

However, idgaf and I don't get insulted when people say so.

Maybe it's just me.
That's a good attitude to have and I wish more people had it instead of crying about pointless/silly shit (regarding all things ever in life)
I just got the impression muhu wanted to change people's views and show uws in a better light having experienced it first hand and ~stuff~ idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)