iPad (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
It says you can watch movies on the iPad, but are they expecting you to hold the thing in your hands the whole time you're watching a 120 minute film? I don't get it.

Expensive piece of crap.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Seems like an oversides iphone - camera + rip off of amazon's ebook reader - basic phone capabilities >.>

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The idea of the iPad is redundant. It does the exact same things as the iTouch/iPhone but has a larger screen. There is a little extra thing for books, but you can already read books on the iPhone (just learn to squint).

If they had put a remix of OSX + iPhone 3.1 software, then we would have something very special and I'd be extremely interested to get my hands on it. :D

badquinton304

HSC
1. Make a shit electronic product that has half the "useful" feaature of other products of the same type, but instead looks sleek and trendy.
2. Call it i_____
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1. Make a shit electronic product that has half the "useful" feaature of other products of the same type, but instead looks sleek and trendy.
2. Call it i_____
3. ?????
4. PROFIT
Looks like you've uncovered Mac's super secret plan. I'd watch my back if were you :/

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, by the way. Number 3 in that sequence is bring out another 'generation' that barely changes, make it more expensive just as there is a peak in sales of the older version... just to piss everyone right off.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
haha, what did you do that for. it was funny see people get taken in

also, no one seemed to notice my white text

ive passed out the rep as promised
ahaha! oh now i just feel like such a tool.

...no wonder i was pissing myself laughing while watching that on youtube =P too good to be real

**still reckon iPad is a massive fail tho**

Scinery

HSC
its just like a bigger version of ipod touch

We know. That's the point.

This thing was just meant to kill Kindle. Kindle will most definitely be killed, and I don't think any of you can argue with that.

And who was the idiot who "revealed" that the onion thing was a joke? You should be shot.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
Yes it does. Read again lol. 1+2 contradict.
What it means is that Apple always produces 1st gen hardware without something that is common to everything else, and then they bring out that feature in the 2nd or 3rd generation

e.g. cut, copy and paste wasn't in the iPhone until OS 3.0 came out, even though pretty much all the other smartphones had the feature already. Same with video recording; didn't come out till the 3GS (unless ofcourse you JB'ed it)

LordPc

HSC
Yes it does. Read again lol. 1+2 contradict.
ummm, allow me to rephrase. it says

1. you will want one
2. it will be missing something "essential"

in no way does it say that missing something "essential" is the reason you would want one

ilikebeeef

HSC
ummm, allow me to rephrase. it says

1. you will want one
2. it will be missing something "essential"

in no way does it say that missing something "essential" is the reason you would want one
Let's take an example.

You like a type of phone called "Roflburgers". It allows you to call people - an essential function. Fair enough.

A type of "phone" called "Wtfbbqchickenmayosalad" is missing an essential function - It doesn't let you call people. It would make no sense for you to want it.

Sgt Grumbles

Banned
HSC
N/A
The comment is that it is missing something "essential' for the CURRENT types.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
That list isn't about 20 things that would make you want the iPad, it's a list of what the writer knows about the iPad, doesn't neccessarily mean those are the reasons that the writer would want to buy it.

spence

HSC
Let's take an example.

You like a type of phone called "Roflburgers". It allows you to call people - an essential function. Fair enough.

A type of "phone" called "Wtfbbqchickenmayosalad" is missing an essential function - It doesn't let you call people. It would make no sense for you to want it.
Are you stupid? Just because two things are next to each other in a list does not mean the first causes the second

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Netbooks are a different experience. once it's jailbroken (It will be) it'll be a formidable piece of tech.

I'll probably buy the 64GB one with 3G and then pop in a sim ~whenever~
This. It's the perfect tool to take to class or work for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)