iPad (1 Viewer)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
it will not be avaliable here for a while. I don't think it is worth it, i would prefer to buy a netbook

HSC
Uni Grad
No flash. No multitasking. No camera. No deal.

Anyone who buys this is an idiot. Get a netbook.

Sgt Grumbles

Banned
HSC
N/A
Netbooks are a different experience. once it's jailbroken (It will be) it'll be a formidable piece of tech.

I'll probably buy the 64GB one with 3G and then pop in a sim ~whenever~

debts

HSC
N/A
annoyed this isn't loaded with proper mac os. seems like apple have created something which is a little redundant, although it'll probably find its niche somewhere and become overwhelmingly popular.

fails to have the wow factor like the iphone did though.

pman

Banned
HSC
Don't see myself ever buying this, it's a computer so I at least want a keyboard with buttons that depress

LordPc

HSC
Don't see myself ever buying this, it's a computer so I at least want a keyboard with buttons that depress
my thoughts exactly and im not very impressed.

so what do we have, its a iphone that doesnt make calls and doesnt have a camera. it also runs the iPhone OS, so its not even a real OS designed for a computer, cant have 2 apps open at the same time (lol, what a joke)

iPad? i think i will iPass on this new piece of tech

red-butterfly

HSC
OMG IT HAS A COMPASS!!! thats if you're stupid enough to bring your ipad hiking...

its more like an iphone on steroids it runs on a similar OS as the iphone

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
This seems redundant really, if you want something small to check emails on etc you get an iphone, if you want more computing features get a netbook or laptop and if like me you have an iphone and a laptop this seems like it serves no purpose at all.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A tampon with a compass would be more useful

emmcyclopedia

HSC
there has been a lot of hype around the ipad, but lets not forget the other piece of tech that apple displayed
i will rep anyone that falls for this
YouTube - Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard
lol. LOL. LOOOL!!

Farrr out, I never heard about the Macbook wheel.... what an epic fail of an idea!! It would be quicker to send an email using a mobile phone than with the wheel!

iPad seems completely redundant, not to mention kind of ugly imo. I don't think it will take off like the iPhone did.
iPad = iFail 2.0

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Quite underwhelmed by it.

I would have liked a fully functional computer. My biggest complaints are lack of multitasking and the need for it to be synced with another computer's itunes. They should have built the OS around OSX rather than the iphone OS. Hardware leaves much to be desired. All it is is a big ipod touch.

Awe and shock: busting through the iPad hype

This is a miss.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Give it a generation or two, once they actually start tacking things onto it, like a freaking laser beam!

nathdapunk

HSC
I actually quite like the idea of the iPad. Being a Apple addict, I think that this is a iPod Touch PERFECT for doing serious work on (avoiding the need for a Netbook), unlike the Touch, which seems to be a PDA, not much good for serious work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)