Is Australia racist? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
yes you did, you clearly implied that black people are incapable of running a country without apartheid or white rule. This is incorrect as circumstances were much worse for black people and South Africa's overall murder rate was much higher during apartheid.

Yes, i am implying that the white man made it worse for black people under apartheid because they openly treated them as inferior.

I googled the movie you described, here are some wikipedia quotes about it

"Film critic Roger Ebert, in a scathing 1967 review of the (unauthorised) American version of the film, calls it "racist" and claims that it "slanders a continent". He notes the opening narration and subtitles:
"Europe has abandoned her baby," the narrator mourns, "just when it needs her the most." Who has taken over, now that the colonialists have left? The advertising spells it out for us: "Raw, wild, brutal, modern-day savages!""

"There remains controversy over whether all the sequences in the film are real or whether some were staged or reenacted. Jacopetti has stated that all images in the film are real and that nothing was ever staged.[2] In the documentary "The Godfathers of Mondo", the co-directors stated that the only scenes they ever staged were in Mondo Cane 2."

lol thanks for your "evidence" doesn't seem reputable or even worth looking at
Well you arent denying they're incapable of running a country. It seems you agree. YES apartheid gave them worse conditions, but now that its over WE SHOULD BE SEEING IMPROVEMENT, and we're not. and You CONTRADICTED YOURSELF, you're not making any sense. You claim "conditions were worse in apartheid and thus they're incapable of rnning the country". Well what are you fucking on about??? the past or the present? the apartheid is OVER and they're free to run their country under NO RESTRICTIONS, the "conditions" of the apartheid have no more effect, your arguments are baseless in this case. You're using an extinct ideology to present your case. A bit silly if you ask me.

And did u think that maybe the critics and people calling it "racist" were trying to protect their own asses from persecution and to follow politically correct viewpoints in their analysis of the film?
lol clearly you dont THINK about the information is given to you, you immediately take it to be unfaltering and 100 percent true.

What you're saying is basically the same as me saying "Aboriginals cant get access to universities because early australian settlers destroyed aboriginal culture and heritage and took their land."
Well firstly its NOT their land, they admit so themselves, as they VERY CLEARLY describe in their elder stories that "we belong to the land, the land doesnt belong to us"/
And second, Yea and we invaded australia how many hundreds of years ago?? What happened in the past has nothing to do with a persons ability to do something in the present. Apartheid in 1994 has nothing to do with black's ability to run their own country in 2013.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Well you arent denying they're incapable of running a country. It seems you agree. YES apartheid gave them worse conditions, but now that its over WE SHOULD BE SEEING IMPROVEMENT, and we're not. and You CONTRADICTED YOURSELF, you're not making any sense. You claim "conditions were worse in apartheid and thus they're incapable of rnning the country". Well what are you fucking on about??? the past or the present? the apartheid is OVER and they're free to run their country under NO RESTRICTIONS, the "conditions" of the apartheid have no more effect, your arguments are baseless in this case. You're using an extinct ideology to present your case. A bit silly if you ask me.

And did u think that maybe the critics and people calling it "racist" were trying to protect their own asses from persecution and to follow politically correct viewpoints in their analysis of the film?
lol clearly you dont THINK about the information is given to you, you immediately take it to be unfaltering and 100 percent true.
i just demonstrated the murder rate has gone down, that's an improvement

there has also been a growth in GDP and greater economic stability as well as increased spending for services

and lol your last line is ridiculously hypocritical considering you have some unwavering belief in that film as evidence despite it's heavy criticism

hayabusaboston

HSC
i just demonstrated the murder rate has gone down, that's an improvement

there has also been a growth in GDP and greater economic stability as well as increased spending for services

and lol your last line is ridiculously hypocritical considering you have some unwavering belief in that film as evidence despite it's heavy criticism
THINK FFS KIRAKEN, MAYBE THE CRITICISM COMES BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH??? and are unwilling to accept it??
In fact thats what I named my dick. Truth. Bitches cant handle it.
Jokes aside, show me greater economic stability and growth in GDP?

hayabusaboston

HSC
And kiraken you STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.
I would like you to list 1. (response to question 1)
2. (response to question 2)
3. (response to question 3)

If you do not answer these questions, I will assume you cant.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
THINK FFS KIRAKEN, MAYBE THE CRITICISM COMES BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH??? and are unwilling to accept it??
In fact thats what I named my dick. Truth. Bitches cant handle it.
Jokes aside, show me greater economic stability and growth in GDP?
prove it's the truth. You know your evidence is shit when it's heavily criticised and in itself doesn't prove anything lol

http://www.npconline.co.za/MediaLib...Economy2/Economic Growth in PostApartheid.pdf

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
And kiraken you STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS.
I would like you to list 1. (response to question 1)
2. (response to question 2)
3. (response to question 3)

If you do not answer these questions, I will assume you cant.
what questions lol?

hayabusaboston

HSC
THE ABSOLUTELY TINY increase in GDP and productivity of the south african workforce is simply from the sheer increase in number of workers.

Even not considering that, in general the increase in productivity is negligible.

And my questions:
1. Why is it, that south africa is one of the most anarchistic countries in the world, with the greatest rate of crime and rape and murder?
2. Why is it, that THERE WAS ALMOST NONE OF THIS when a white man was in power?
3. Why is it, that if you leave blacks to their own devices, they always end up fucking themselves and their country up, and then they demand the white boi fix it for them again?
4. What sophisticated technology of ANY sort, has come out of sub saharan africa?

hayabusaboston

HSC

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
THE ABSOLUTELY TINY increase in GDP and productivity of the south african workforce is simply from the sheer increase in number of workers.

Even not considering that, in general the increase in productivity is negligible.

And my questions:
1. Why is it, that south africa is one of the most anarchistic countries in the world, with the greatest rate of crime and rape and murder?
2. Why is it, that THERE WAS ALMOST NONE OF THIS when a white man was in power?
3. Why is it, that if you leave blacks to their own devices, they always end up fucking themselves and their country up, and then they demand the white boi fix it for them again?
4. What sophisticated technology of ANY sort, has come out of sub saharan africa?
the increase is not tiny at all lol

also the reason i didn't answer your questions are that 2 and 3 are categorically false and 1 and 4 are completely irrelevant

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I cant prove its the truth. Only if you watch it will you be able to say for yourself whether its really as exagerrated as critics put it or if it actually has truth in its message.

O do u mean prove my dick is the truth? lol not going to do that on BoS.
terrible

hayabusaboston

HSC
the increase is not tiny at all lol

also the reason i didn't answer your questions are that 2 and 3 are categorically false and 1 and 4 are completely irrelevant
PROVE IT THEN
prove that 2 and 3 are false
And 1 and 4 are by no means irrelevant, they are directly addressing the concern that is the welfare of african people. And who are you to deem them irrelevant!! terrible...

hayabusaboston

HSC
And lets assume they WERE false and irrelevant. Answer them anyway. Else I believe you are either too scared to or dont know how to answer them.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
PROVE IT THEN
prove that 2 and 3 are false
And 1 and 4 are by no means irrelevant, they are directly addressing the concern that is the welfare of african people. And who are you to deem them irrelevant!! terrible...
Lol u are hopeless. I demonstrated 2 was false by giving you statistics on crime, GDP etc.
3 is false because you just made a generalisation without any data or proof

1 and 4 are irrelevant because they dont address what this particular thread is about

hayabusaboston

HSC
Lol u are hopeless. I demonstrated 2 was false by giving you statistics on crime, GDP etc.
3 is false because you just made a generalisation without any data or proof

1 and 4 are irrelevant because they dont address what this particular thread is about
dude, you are going off on a completely different tangent, and you're calling me hopeless lol. You did not at all demonstrate 2 is false, we know there was a crime wave in the 80's and 90's but that doesnt at all mean that it was specifically connected to the actions of the white man. You havent demonstrated any connection?
And if I dont prove 3 is true, can you prove its NOT true? hm?? No you cant. watch Africa Addio m8.

1 AND 4 ARE DIRECTLY CONCERNED WITH THE ABILITY OF THE BLACK MAN TO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF, AND THIS IS RELATED TO WHITE MANS PERCEPTION OF IT AND THUS AUSTRALIA'S RACISM IN THIS CONTEXT. STOP BULLSHITTING AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Oh wait, I forgot, YOU CANT.

Because you havent been there, and you havent experienced africa for yourself. When you do, come back and we'll talk. Until then, suffice to say, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Have a nice day.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
dude, you are going off on a completely different tangent, and you're calling me hopeless lol. You did not at all demonstrate 2 is false, we know there was a crime wave in the 80's and 90's but that doesnt at all mean that it was specifically connected to the actions of the white man. You havent demonstrated any connection?
And if I dont prove 3 is true, can you prove its NOT true? hm?? No you cant. watch Africa Addio m8.

1 AND 4 ARE DIRECTLY CONCERNED WITH THE ABILITY OF THE BLACK MAN TO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF, AND THIS IS RELATED TO WHITE MANS PERCEPTION OF IT AND THUS AUSTRALIA'S RACISM IN THIS CONTEXT. STOP BULLSHITTING AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Oh wait, I forgot, YOU CANT.

Because you havent been there, and you havent experienced africa for yourself. When you do, come back and we'll talk. Until then, suffice to say, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Have a nice day.
no it wasn't, crime was on the rise during the 60s and 70s too, a simple google search validates this. Before that, there is little statistical data. The point being there was more crime during apartheid than there is now and therefore you can't say that "there was none of this during the power of the white man". Furthermore, I note you completely neglected the data on economics and GDP improvements since apartheid was cut off. The connection is if you actively oppress a people under institutionalised racism and treat them as inferior sub-humans they are going to understandably fight back. Inequality is one of the main roots for crime and under apartheid or "white man power" in your words, inequality is pretty much the norm.

as for 3, you clearly have no idea how the burden of proof works. If you generalise that black people always fuck things up when left to their own devices, please prove it.

Once again 1. is irrelevant because it has nothing to do with Australia but I will indulge you. If you treat a people like shit for centuries, to the point where violence as a way of life becomes ingrained as a part of their psyche, it will take time to heal from this. South Africa as of recently no longer has the highest rape rate in the world and murders have been down since apartheid was abolished.

As for recent technological developments from sub saharan africa this is not even REMOTELY relevant to whether or not we should let african immigrants into Australia

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
OH LOOK WHAT I FOUND

watch it. Stop arguing on shit when you dont have background knowledge of it.
lol a film from 1966 talking about how blacks are inferior, when apartheid was at it's peak in South Africa. Good job lol, seems like a relevant video to a discussion on black people immigrating to Australia in 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)