Is it really necessary to purchase various textbooks in order to do well in subjects? (1 Viewer)

musing

HSC
Re: Is it really necessary to purchase various textbooks in order to do well in subje

Why need textbooks when you have the syllabus to study from?

santiii

HSC
Re: Is it really necessary to purchase various textbooks in order to do well in subje

Well apparently if you have Maths in Focus. You need to get another to get over 90.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

No. It depends on a variety of factors. Certainly it can help to get multiple perspectives on some of the topics. This may be a benefit, depending on how you learn. However, it is not necessary.

Klutsov

HSC

No. It depends on a variety of factors. Certainly it can help to get multiple perspectives on some of the topics. This may be a benefit, depending on how you learn. However, it is not necessary.
+1

They are not necessary, but they may help

Rage_Quitter

HSC

Bah,

Hey Cecily, I'm pretty sure that you'll be fine by the looks of your organisation considering yourself as being "Executive Member" ^^

Tofuu

HSC

unless you somehow got your hands on a really bad textbook, that and some past papers should be enough to do decently
i don't reccomend buying a whole lot of textbooks for the prelim course

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

Today I bought 10 textbooks :p

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

tis would be better for you if you purchase textbooks

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

having many textbooks may help, though you don't necessarily have to buy them. just borrow them from your library or teacher.

Rage_Quitter

HSC

Ouch,

If I bought 10 textbooks, I think my brother and my parents will rip me to bits and not go anywhere, apart from home and school, for the two years straight.

Gahh, how much did they cost?? Hmm?

Amogh

HSC
N/A

Today I bought 10 textbooks :p
lol..
i havent even touched a prelim book yet, let alone buy

random bus

HSC

i only have a modern one casue we have no textbook for it and gives detailed answers but apart from that u can still do well on one textbook

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Either buy/download a text book and then buy a past paper books/download past papers.

That's all you need :)

EDIT: HTA study guide for modern history is really good though - it basically replaced my text book XD

Last edited:

Rage_Quitter

HSC

Bah,

Mmmhmm, so true.

muzeikchun852

HSC

Either buy/download a text book and then buy a past paper books/download past papers.

That's all you need :)
where can u download textbooks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)