• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam cartoon pulled from student newspaper website (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
1) fair enough, i'm not too familiar with how it works so you are probs correct on this
2) doesn't that make it an issue of the people who make the code of conduct then, i.e. the press council and not the uni?
Wait, I thought you were talking about the uni code of conduct?

As for the press council one, it may or may not reach theirs, but if it does, shouldn't that be up for the press council themselves to decide not the VC?

More over i think it smacks of hypocrisy to mention the press council stuff when I'm fairly certain they would support freedom and independence of the press.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Wait, I thought you were talking about the uni code of conduct?

As for the press council one, it may or may not reach theirs, but if it does, shouldn't that be up for the press council themselves to decide not the VC?

More over i think it smacks of hypocrisy to mention the press council stuff when I'm fairly certain they would support freedom and independence of the press.
that's true

Dabzz

HSC
This is rubbish. The university had every right to remove it. Seriously... some people..

LANADELREY

HSC
This is rubbish. The university had every right to remove it. Seriously... some people..
Some people think religion is stupid, made up and oppressive and they like to make fun of it.

Adnan13

HSC
U have no understanding (addressing the one responsible for the cartoon).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)