• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I hope you aren't trying to compare this to the 600-700 innocent Palestinian civilian deaths.
No I was comparing Pro-Palestinian rallies with Pro-Israel rallies. The first being one that anyone would be fearful to be around because of violence and nasty words, the second being peaceful and civil.

One has but to look at the footage of today's rally in the city. G-d willing if I was in the city not only would I feel embarassed of all those in the rally I would definitely feel intimidated. Absolute thuggery.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I wonder how long this ceasefire is going to last. There haven't been any major air or artillery strikes, but there are reports of machine gun fire and skirmishes around some cities such as Khan Younis (I think). And the rockets were still being fire even after the ceasefire was called. I don't think that Hamas will stop firing and abide to the full conditions of the ceasefire until Israeli troops withdraw =S

rasengan90

HSC
It can be hard to see the legitimacy of a cause when its supporters act like animals.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Wait. What happened in the city? I was at work and couldn't attend.

Violent and angry protests generally do offer a decent gauge as to how angry (and violent) people are towards a given situation though, which works well against Israel in the PR stakes.

:D

Angelz.sing

HSC
N/A
I'm disappointed that israel declared ceasefire. I personally believe the war should continue until each and every member of Hamas terrorists are killed. I hope Hamas keep provoking Israel so we can have another round of fighting :D
ye kill hamas.. noones telling yu to not attack them .

but yur killing children and innocent people ? srsly ? where's the justice

israel is shooting missles.. in an attempt to kill ONE hamas militant they end up killing ten fucking children and everyone in the neighbourhood. srsly. lives aren't nothing. everyone sits behind their stupid computer screen like a coward and starts moaning and shit. but this is real. yu aint playing with toys here.

look at the way he smiles kaman.
fuck u man yu hav no heart. the same as israel. israel is the most decietful nation ever.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
This makes it even harder to understand what Israel was trying to achieve.
Agreed. At least they're letting in some humanitarian aid now and have apparently set up a major field hospital on the border for any injured Palestinian civilians. And if they're critically injured then they get a free holiday to visit a real life hospital in Israel proper, something which many of them would have never dreamt of before.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ye kill hamas.. noones telling yu to not attack them .

but yur killing children and innocent people ? srsly ? where's the justice

israel is shooting missles.. in an attempt to kill ONE hamas militant they end up killing ten fucking children and everyone in the neighbourhood. srsly. lives aren't nothing. everyone sits behind their stupid computer screen like a coward and starts moaning and shit. but this is real. yu aint playing with toys here.
It's not Israels fault that Hamas uses women and children as human shields.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Please note: Nor is it the dead people's fault.
However, of the two, who has more power to prevent civilian deaths? The civilians or Israel?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Angst? You're the youngun. Come on man, you're siding with people who want to go to paradise and those who call children to stand in front of them for PR victories.

Admittedly I'm standing for borderline psychopaths who think the land their barely-human enemies inhabit was given to them by a sky god.

But at least my one stopped crucifying jews a long time ago. Hamas thinks it's the cool new thing.
Hey, come on. I don't support Hamas. I support the innocent civilians on both sides who are getting caught up and killed by all of this. It just so happens that my support is slightly more skewed towards pro-Palestine, because there have been hundreds of civilian deaths in Gaza, compared to only three in Israel.
In fact, i agree with Israel's wish to get rid of Hamas, i just don't think they're going about it the right way. Nor do i agree with their laying seige to the Gaza Strip and denying humanitrian aid. That said, however, Hamas is obviously standing on the lower moral ground due their Islamist tendencies and ferocious hunger for war with Israel.
Again however, i would like to clarify, Hamas is on the lower moral ground, not the Palestinians as a whole. Their calls for a homeland are justified in my opinion.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I beg to differ, but as long as you can justify it to yourself, then no worries.
I mainly just said that to irritate you. Obviously Israel can more easily reduce civilian casualties, but I don't think they should have to.

Hey, come on. I don't support Hamas. I support the innocent civilians on both sides who are getting caught up and killed by all of this. It just so happens that my support is slightly more skewed towards pro-Palestine, because there have been hundreds of civilian deaths in Gaza, compared to only three in Israel.
I would suspect that Israel considers the lives of their civilians to be worth more than the lives of others and I don't see what is wrong with that.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Angst? You're the youngun. Come on man, you're siding with people who want to go to paradise and those who call children to stand in front of them for PR victories.

Admittedly I'm standing for borderline psychopaths who think the land their barely-human enemies inhabit was given to them by a sky god.

But at least my one stopped crucifying jews a long time ago. Hamas thinks it's the cool new thing.
hahaha fucking fantastic post :D.

Anyway I heard about another story today about the awesome surgical strikes conducted by Israel:

"Palestinian doctor Ezzeldeen Abu al-Aish was giving Israel's Channel 10 his daily account from inside the war zone in Gaza when three of his daughters were killed in an Israeli attack.

In his report, he called for help as his house was attacked."

YouTube - Gaza doctor's tragedy caught on Israeli TV - 17 Jan 09

Sub 3 minute video.

Can't wait for JaredR or Zionist to try and justify this.

Angelz.sing

HSC
N/A
hahaha fucking fantastic post :D.

Anyway I heard about another story today about the awesome surgical strikes conducted by Israel:

"Palestinian doctor Ezzeldeen Abu al-Aish was giving Israel's Channel 10 his daily account from inside the war zone in Gaza when three of his daughters were killed in an Israeli attack.

In his report, he called for help as his house was attacked."

YouTube - Gaza doctor's tragedy caught on Israeli TV - 17 Jan 09

Sub 3 minute video.

Can't wait for JaredR or Zionist to try and justify this.

thats sad man srsly...

this pic makes my heart break man ...

Angelz.sing

HSC
N/A
where exactly do u expct hamas to go ? egypt wont open its borders to gaza and israel is like walkin into enemy lanes. actually like walking into suicide.

hamas has no choice but to remain in gaza

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
where exactly do u expct hamas to go ? egypt wont open its borders to gaza and israel is like walkin into enemy lanes. actually like walking into suicide.

hamas has no choice but to remain in gaza
Well this guy kinda missed the point.
Think smaller, dude. I think the human shield thing was a reference to a woman/child literally standing in front of the militant. Although these reports are dubious at best.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I mainly just said that to irritate you. Obviously Israel can more easily reduce civilian casualties, but I don't think they should have to.

I would suspect that Israel considers the lives of their civilians to be worth more than the lives of others and I don't see what is wrong with that.
Same can be said for the Palestianian governments one would assume, as for any other government in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)