• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (5 Viewers)

tempco

HSC
Kind of hypocritical of Israel to go on a rampage after the kidnap of two of their soldiers (with Hezbollah being more than willing to conduct a prisoner exchange) when they hold hundreds of prisoners without charge.

Qana in images (Not for the faint hearted - and no, I don't agree with the "This is Israel" label)

Last edited:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
israel's damned if they do, damned of they dont...if they dont attack theyre seen as cowards and the onslaught continues of they do
A ceasefire will at least start negotiations.

The bottom line is, Israel are responsible for the Qana massacre. They were responsible back in 1996, and they were responsible yesterday

The only countries who want the onslaught to continue are the U.S and Israel, since they dont want a ceasefire, which is against the wishes of the entire world.

For two weeks we hear Isarel arnt targetting civilians, but civilians are the ones dying.

So if you continue to support this ugly war, then you're supporting the massacre of civilians.

deegee said:
rich coming from osama bin ladin over here..
Is that the best you got?

Weak

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
R.G. said:
How do you know there were no Hezbollah casualities?
Israel did NOT attack the place for no reason, and if you cant comprehend that fact then you just carry on your belief that Israel are "bad"
they attacked cos it was full of people duh.

and jenzipoo, just give youself about a minute to read your post. they didnt know people were in there? why the hell would they want to attack a building if it didnt have people in there?

and and Antihyper, they are advancing (or trying unsuccessfully to) but due to the amounts of casualtiess they are facing they are retreating and opting for the "air-strike" tactics.

cowards.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
and and Antihyper, they are advancing (or trying unsuccessfully to) but due to the amounts of casualtiess they are facing they are retreating and opting for the "air-strike" tactics.

cowards.
QFT, Israel should flex its ground troop muscle rather than air superiority. Bombing a city never worked (ie. civillians would take the grunt of the deaths).

Look back at WW2, america & allies carpet bombed german cities what was it Hamburg, Dresden and Berlin they also carpet bombed japanese cities (pretty much the whole island of japan). Millions of civillian casualties.. maybe equal to that of the holocaust.

The difference here is, the defenders does not have any planes to at least try and fight in the air.

EDIT: http://www.anesi.com/ussbs02.htm - just a documentation by the americans

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
What's with this business using the warning as justification? They've got a right to remain on their property, their land without fear of being killed or their residence being flattened. If you called a bomb threat and the subsequent explosion resulted in many people being killed, does the fact that you warned the people of the bomb take away any of your culprability? I don't think so.

The Israel ambassador to the UN summed it up perfectly;

"If you sleep with a missile, sometimes you dont wake up"

Very appropriate words after the death of 37 children.

jenzipoo

HSC
The problem with this war is that Israel mourns every Lebanese and Israeli death and see it as a loss..
Hezbollah on the other hand rejoice at every Israeli death wether it be Arab, Jewish or Christian and for them it is a gain/win..

I ask you...did Israelis rejoice aboutt he terrible tragedy of Qana??
But sure as hell when a suicide bombing goes off or an attack on Israel occurs...huge parties are held! and its not only israel..because when Sept 11 happened...they partied too

gerhard

HSC
jenzipoo is seriously the worst. worse than any of the muslims.

jenzipoo

HSC
gerhard said:
hmmdid this happen after any suicide bombings or the kidnapping of soldiers or any attacks on the country??http://www.theage.com.au/news/Natio...ynagogue-attack/2006/07/31/1154198037878.html
or this
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,19977466-2862,00.html
or this
http://www.ajn.com.au/news/news.asp?pgID=1260&searchType=1&adSearchBox=graffiti
or John Howard's car being attacked??

all in our very own country..

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
i meant in terms of you as a poster in this thread.

jenzipoo

HSC
gerhard said:
i meant in terms of you as a poster in this thread.
o and in what ways might that be...
because i am the one defending Israel AND providing various facts AND still empathsising for the loss of life on both sides

o and wait u compare (in fact say i'm worse) to muslims...when i have i ever generalised like that baout the people...i have continually states radical islamic terorists but never generalised with muslims...so caution yourself

just because im defending israel and THEIR right to defend myself does not mean i am worse than muslims (which i presume...hopefully...that you were refering to the extremists) because i have never killed, and never will, i have never burrnt flags nor hav i denounced and wished death upon a people...

R.G.

HSC
gerhard said:
You sound like such an idiot.

So anyone whos opinion is different to yours is the wosrt???

jenzipoo said:
The problem with this war is that Israel mourns every Lebanese and Israeli death and see it as a loss..
Hezbollah on the other hand rejoice at every Israeli death wether it be Arab, Jewish or Christian and for them it is a gain/win..

But sure as hell when a suicide bombing goes off or an attack on Israel occurs...huge parties are held! and its not only israel..because when Sept 11 happened...they partied too

that doesnt mean israel is right. Its like that because Israel is attacking as a government, Hezbolah, Al queda are resistance/terrorists groups.

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
that doesnt mean israel is right. Its like that because Israel is attacking as a government, Hezbolah, Al queda are resistance/terrorists groups.
I didn't say israel was right because of it...i was explaining the different mantalities of the two sides and their notions of the outcomes of this war

But these resistant groups are fighting against the Jews and Zionist regime and just because israel is fighitng as a country and not a terrorist group doesnt mean anything!! they still do NOT rejoice in the name of death, Jews and Israelis and those pro the war do not go around commiting crimes and vandalism and attacking people...its a different frame of mind and different mantality

tempco

HSC
jenzipoo said:
The facade Israel puts on doesn't really matter if they continue to kill innocent civilians.

jenzipoo said:
Proof? Yeah, back it up with your facts why don't you?

jenzipoo said:
Yesha Rabbinical Council: During time of war, enemy has no innocents
The Yesha Rabbinical Council announced in response to an IDF attack in Kfar Qanna that "according to Jewish law, during a time of battle and war, there is no such term as 'innocents' of the enemy."
jenzipoo said:
The actions of a few are about as credible as the article I posted above (I hope).

jenzipoo said:
I didn't say israel was right because of it...i was explaining the different mantalities of the two sides and their notions of the outcomes of this war
IDF's actions contradict your claims. It's what you do that matters, not what you say.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
aren't hezbollah politically in comand after the last lebanese vote?

Dougie said:
aren't hezbollah politically in comand after the last lebanese vote?
hezbolah has a few members. its not in comand. After this war, i have no doubt its status will grow, it will be very powerful. Its earned the respect of the prime minister of lebanon, and most of the lebanese people.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Jenzipoo + deegee + R.G = are u like the same chic or somethin, or friends go on bos at the same time and support each other - sad...

anyway.

i think its q uite clear that israel has made the wrong move regarding the kidnapping of two soldiers. BOth of whom were mysteriously wandering on the bother of lebanon prob going to bomb someone..

both soldiers most likey are dead by now, - it has cost lebanon their country and many many of their citizens.

it is quite clear that israel has violated humanitarian laws, laws regarding the geneva convention and have also not been 'democratic' - at the world level.

i dont think hezbollah or any terrorist can be destroyed this way, this is exactly wat they wanted and israel gave it to them. Terrorist organizations dont care about anything where as a democratic government such as Israel you would expect to have higher standards. but to me they appear as though they are just as bad, and i can justify calling them a terrorist organization. they are no different from other terrotist networks. they dont value human life!. that is why they target children and the general lebanese population.

the effect of the israeli invasion has led to a growth in support of hezbollah as you would expect considering the way IDF has blown lebanon to pieces. A lebananese person is not going to support ISrael for blowing up their country. they will support the hezbollah for trying to fend them off.

israel has one of the best para-military in the world, and yet they claim to have accidents - how many accidents can you have especially if you make the same twice or thrice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)