Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

HSC
tempco said:
Lol, stopped reading your post as soon as I read "the christians of Lebanon havent been that disrupted at all". You have no idea. Israel have fired into Christian areas, and the following article is a recent example of this:

Israeli Air Raids Destroy Bridges North of Beirut
i was just about to tell him that :)

please read this and tell me your opinions of what is being said
:(

Israel blames Hezbollah for Qana deaths
New York
July 31, 2006 - 9:49AM

Hezbollah is responsible for the deaths of more than 50 Lebanese civilians, including dozens of children, in an Israeli airstrike, Israeli Vice Prime Minister Shimon Peres said in New York today.
As Israel suspended bombing of southern Lebanon for 48 hours to allow an inquiry into its raid on the Lebanese village of Qana, Peres told Reuters that Beirut and the international community had to pressure Hezbollah to end the fighting.
"(The Qana attack is) a tragedy, particularly the death of the children. There's one thing in the world we don't like to see -- a child becoming a victim of war. But we are in a very strange situation we didn't initiate," Peres said.
"If the Lebanese want to see ceasefire they have to tell Hezbollah to stop it and there will be ceasefire," he said.
"The pressure must be put on Hezbollah."
When asked who was responsible for the civilian deaths in Qana, Peres, a former Israeli prime minister, said: "Totally, totally it's (Hezbollah's) fault."
The 19-day-old war began when Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers and killed eight others in a cross-border raid.
Israel has said it wants to cripple Hezbollah, which is sworn to destroy the Jewish state. The Shi'ite militia group is backed by Iran and Syria, both arch enemies of Israel.
"As long as we are under attack we shall continue to defend ourselves," Peres told Reuters before he was due to address prominent members of the local Jewish community.
"You ask when will it stop? When one of three things happens: either Hezbollah will run out of ammunition, or they will get tired or they will be under the pressure of the Lebanese government," he said.
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate will address the Council on Foreign Relations in New York tomorrow.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/israel-blames-hezbollah-for-qana-deaths/2006/07/31/1154198042931.html

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
i was just about to tell him that :)

please read this and tell me your opinions of what is being said
:(

Israel blames Hezbollah for Qana deaths
New York
July 31, 2006 - 9:49AM

Hezbollah is responsible for the deaths of more than 50 Lebanese civilians, including dozens of children, in an Israeli airstrike, Israeli Vice Prime Minister Shimon Peres said in New York today.
As Israel suspended bombing of southern Lebanon for 48 hours to allow an inquiry into its raid on the Lebanese village of Qana, Peres told Reuters that Beirut and the international community had to pressure Hezbollah to end the fighting.
"(The Qana attack is) a tragedy, particularly the death of the children. There's one thing in the world we don't like to see -- a child becoming a victim of war. But we are in a very strange situation we didn't initiate," Peres said.
"If the Lebanese want to see ceasefire they have to tell Hezbollah to stop it and there will be ceasefire," he said.
"The pressure must be put on Hezbollah."
When asked who was responsible for the civilian deaths in Qana, Peres, a former Israeli prime minister, said: "Totally, totally it's (Hezbollah's) fault."
The 19-day-old war began when Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers and killed eight others in a cross-border raid.
Israel has said it wants to cripple Hezbollah, which is sworn to destroy the Jewish state. The Shi'ite militia group is backed by Iran and Syria, both arch enemies of Israel.
"As long as we are under attack we shall continue to defend ourselves," Peres told Reuters before he was due to address prominent members of the local Jewish community.
"You ask when will it stop? When one of three things happens: either Hezbollah will run out of ammunition, or they will get tired or they will be under the pressure of the Lebanese government," he said.
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate will address the Council on Foreign Relations in New York tomorrow.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/israel-blames-hezbollah-for-qana-deaths/2006/07/31/1154198042931.html
what more of an explanation do you need?
peres is extremely right wing and his views are congruent with the idf and government, that is that it was hezbollah who was firing from around the area and thus caused the iaf to fire at the building..days after this article the idf stated that the tragedy was unfortunate and there was an error in infromation because they thought the building was empty but still stuck by the notion that hezbollah was firing from right next to the building..
israel also will not back down form this war until the threat of hezbollah is gone..that wont happen when they stop firing rockets but only when theyre totally disarmed..

wat more of an explanation do you need? wat opinions are you fishing for?

Last edited:

R.G.

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
ok so do u agree that its hezballahs fault that all those people died ????
I for one completely agree!
They placed rocket launchers in those civillian buildings and fired them into israel knowing israel would fire at that spot!
Hezbollah brought this devestation onto its people knowing full well how it would make israel look expecting the world to turn on israel and blame them!
Its all in the plan!

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
ok so do u agree that its hezballahs fault that all those people died ????
i hate arguing over the deaths of these people..

but i have seen the video footage of pre the bombing where rockets were streaming form right next to the building
as well as that 120 rockets fired from the little town in 2 days!
my suspicions of hezbollah hiding behind civilians for their own greater purposes was stregnthened with the hospital raid, the canadian UN peacekeepers email and the propaganda Hezbollah has made which is totally crap and exploits the images of the unfortunate deaths..
and yes i have seen the photos of the children that have died..
but i cant help but wonder: why is the death toll different by the red cross, why did it take 7 hours for th building to collapse, why are some of the photogrpahs of children, women and men without blood or deformations (a building just landed on them!)
there are many questions runing through my mind of maybe hezbollah even staging such an attrocity..
these are all theories and might even be petty but what i do know is:
hezbollah hides behind civilians and israel does not target civilians
its a group of people who dont value life (on any side) verse a group of people who value every aspect of life (on both sides)

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
wha plan????????????
hezbollah is run by very smart people! this is not all a random act of G-d..
everything is well co-ordinated and well timed..
starting with the kidnapping at a time when iran's nuclear weapons were coming int he spotlight by the worlds leaders..
to the mass weapon storages before, strategically placed aroudn lebanon..
to the kidnapping of th soldiers and killing of 8 others..
to the simulatneous rocket strikes..
to tho propagnada churned up..

theyre not stupid and there is a big plan!

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
and y does hezballah want to wipe israel off the face of this planet?
they are quick to substitue israel with the jews so for your answer you will have to have that too..
they want the jews driven into the sea
kindly ask all those who hate the jews why?

R.G.

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
and y does hezballah want to wipe israel off the face of this planet?
They believe strongly that the whole of The middle east should be occupied Muslim land and that Israel has no right to exist.

HSC
that is all i wanted to know from you guys

well if u both re-read evrything in this thread u may realsie that there are other reasons for these [and other]wars/ attacks and all that which have happened

anyways i have to go study for my trials so see u both in like 5 days and good luck in your trials :)

tempco

HSC
jenzipoo said:
but i have seen the video footage of pre the bombing where rockets were streaming form right next to the building
as well as that 120 rockets fired from the little town in 2 days!
Link?

Here's mine: Link

Info coming out from the IDF is as reliable as the info coming out of Hezbollah. The IDF have to keep up this image of killing innocent civilians "accidentally" and that Hezbollah apparently "hiding behind" Lebanese civilians some how justifies (insane?) their killing. Of course they'll say "Hezbollah were at Qana/There was a stash of rockets underneath the building/etc." The Red Cross, who have (courtesy of the IDF) worked in Qana-like situations for the past 23 days know what to expect, and they expected to see evidence of Hezbollah (rocket launchers, etc), but there was no such evidence.

The UN human rights speaker, in a FOX NEWS interview, actually said, there was investiagtions done, and they found in the civilian areas bombed by israel there was no hezbolah present and hezbolah was not firing from there.

You can not exuse these attacks because rockets are raining down over northern Israel. Hezbolah kidnapped to soldiers, this was no a war crime. The rockets began raining over israel AFTER Israel bombed beirut airport. Israel is not attacking lebanon because rockets are raining over Israel. They are using this as an exuse. Hizbolah has stated it will stop rocketing when israel stops attacking. The conflict can end and hezbolah will be disarmed.

Israel is collectivly punishing Lebanon. Why else are they attacking???

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
The UN human rights speaker, in a FOX NEWS interview, actually said, there was investiagtions done, and they found in the civilian areas bombed by israel there was no hezbolah present and hezbolah was not firing from there.

You can not exuse these attacks because rockets are raining down over northern Israel. Hezbolah kidnapped to soldiers, this was no a war crime. The rockets began raining over israel AFTER Israel bombed beirut airport. Israel is not attacking lebanon because rockets are raining over Israel. They are using this as an exuse. Hizbolah has stated it will stop rocketing when israel stops attacking. The conflict can end and hezbolah will be disarmed.

Israel is collectivly punishing Lebanon. Why else are they attacking???
i watched that interview too..
and he said also that hezbollah was the one commiting war crimes
AND that israel has every right to defend itself BUT must try and be more mindful of civilians..
hte interciewer also questioned this report saying how would they know if hezbollah was there or not? they got there afterwards and hezbollah could have fled!

i do not excuse these attacks because of the rockets..they only further give rise to reasons as to why hezbollah should be stopped!
the kidnapping of soldiers and killing of others after a total withdrawal according to UN Resolution 1559 behind the Blue Line by israel...sticking to its side of the deal for over 6 years!
onlt this year did the UN security council AGAIN pass a reolution stating that the lebanese government must take control and disarm hezbollah...
when such a group exists on israel's northern border with the ultimate goal of the total destruction of not just israel but the jews...im sorry when the jews have lived through the Holocaust they will never ever again stand by and let this happen...they didnt have an idf then but they sure as hell have one now and such threats that are very very real will never ever be carried through!

the kidnapping of the two soldiers...who cares if it was a war crime...it was an act of war!!

hezbollah stated it will stop firing rockets...not disarm...if they said disarm israel will stop in a second! but they wont..and theyll keepo their weapons and the threat remains.

despite your thoughts israel does not want to take over lebanon nor do they want civilians dead..you really think they eed more people to hate them in this world?? theyre are removing the threat of hezbollah..

HSC
they kidnapped their tow soldiers according to you that no ones life is worth more then the others ......so how is it that these two soldiers lives are better then those 10,000+ civilians,soldiers etc ?????

jenzipoo said:
i do not excuse these attacks because of the rockets..they only further give rise to reasons as to why hezbollah should be stopped!
the kidnapping of soldiers and killing of others after a total withdrawal according to UN Resolution 1559 behind the Blue Line by israel...sticking to its side of the deal for over 6 years!
onlt this year did the UN security council AGAIN pass a reolution stating that the lebanese government must take control and disarm hezbollah...
when such a group exists on israel's northern border with the ultimate goal of the total destruction of not just israel but the jews...im sorry when the jews have lived through the Holocaust they will never ever again stand by and let this happen...they didnt have an idf then but they sure as hell have one now and such threats that are very very real will never ever be carried through!

the kidnapping of the two soldiers...who cares if it was a war crime...it was an act of war!!

hezbollah stated it will stop firing rockets...not disarm...if they said disarm israel will stop in a second! but they wont..and theyll keepo their weapons and the threat remains.

despite your thoughts israel does not want to take over lebanon nor do they want civilians dead..you really think they eed more people to hate them in this world?? theyre are removing the threat of hezbollah..
you have not realised by now that there current actions are making hezbolah stronger?? Israel knows it. There actions are mearly for the purposes of punishing.
Lebanon has already proposed a 7 point plan in which hezbolah will disarm.
The first step for any progress whatsoever is for Israel to stop attacking civilians. The UN force and lebanon will move to southern lebanon, hezbolah will be disarmed, but this will not happen until isrRAel stops.
If israel stops now there will be long term peace, international awarness is high and there are talks with Syrians. If Israel continues this on, for months (which i believe will happen) theres a chance of a much wider conflict, ww3.

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
they kidnapped their tow soldiers according to you that no ones life is worth more then the others ......so how is it that these two soldiers lives are better then those 10,000+ civilians,soldiers etc ?????
That is because you are dealing with different types of prisoners here..and i believe no INNOCENT life is more valuable than others.

Every single prisoner held by Israel has judicial review available to him or her and some have won release. Every one of them has access to Red Cross visitation, can communicate with family, and has a known whereabout. Kidnapped Israeli soldiers on the other hand are kept incommunicado by criminal elements, are routinely tortured, often murdered, (as occurred recently) and have no access to the Red Cross or judicial review. Moreover, the prisoners being held by Israel are terrorists..that is, unlawful combatants. Many are murderers who have been convicted and sentenced in accordance with due process. The "women" and "children" you so often refer to are guilty of having murdered or attempted to murder innocent babies and other non-combatants. The soldiers who were kidnapped are lawful combatants subject to prisoner of war status.

So here is the deal Israel should offer. If Hamas and Hezbollah think there is a moral equivalent between the Israeli soldiers they kidnapped and the terrorists who are being held by Israel, let them begin by treating the Israeli soldiers the way Israel treats its prisoners. Let the Red Cross visit them. Let them communicate with their families. Let them have access to judicial review. Of course, neither Hamas nor Hezbollah will do any such thing, because they are terrorist organizations who do not operate within the rule of law.
They didnt do it with Ron Arad and other and they won't do it now!

The main person that Hezbollah is after is Samir Kuntar...he is a convicted murderer!! In many of Nasrallah's speeches he states how he is after the release of this "man" and two or three others specifically..Israel will NEVER release him or his "friends"

Here is an article I found about how the Red Cross cannot reach or contact the Israeli prisoners..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060728/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictlebanon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)