N/A
onebytwo said:
using ur logic -
iran and north korea are nations, then there allowed to have their own weapons
Yes. What's your point?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
tempco said:
Yet when the UN Council and Lebanese officials demanded evidence that Hezbollah were actually transporting weapons through the Lebanon-Syria border, Israel didn't deliver. I was listening to a radio interview on ABC Radio, and some Israeli official gave the impression that providing evidence to the UN wasn't necessary, and that the supposed evidence "will be released in due time".
I suppose when you said UN Council, you were referring to UN Scecurity Council. As of today, there are no UN Security Council meeting on Israeli raid of Hizbollah weapons transfer or any demand made by the UN Security Council. The only comments made so far from the UN is from Kofi Annan.

Another hizbollah supporter's lies exposed!

It is the duty of Lebanese troops and UNFIL to prevent this but as it failed to do so, Israel have the right to act.

tempco

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
I suppose when you said UN Council, you were referring to UN Scecurity Council. As of today, there are no UN Security Council meeting on Israeli raid of Hizbollah weapons transfer or any demand made by the UN Security Council. The only comments made so far from the UN is from Kofi Annan.
Hahahaha, god you're funny.

When I said UN Council, I was referring to whoever the UN higher-ups are. I over heard this on the radio while I was driving, so I'm not 100% sure who was involved with the evidence. The interviewer stated that the UN requested evidence to justify Israel's breaking of the ceasefire, and the Israeli government refused. I guess it could have been Kofi.

Regardless, the fact is that Israel has no proof, and its intentions are some what questionable, according to this article:

Israeli Incursion Strains Truce With Hezbollah
BOUDAI, Lebanon — Israeli commandos dropped deep into Lebanon on Saturday, clashing with Hezbollah fighters in a raid here that left one Israeli soldier dead and put the first serious strain on the region's 6-day-old cease-fire.

"There was an attempt to bring in weaponry from Syria to Lebanon," Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said. "The resolution calls for there to be Lebanese soldiers and international force there on the border crossings to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, they're not there at the moment. In the interim period, we can't have a situation where Hezbollah is smuggling weapons and is rearming and regrouping."

But Israel produced no evidence of intercepted weapons. And the depth of the Israeli raid — 60 miles inside Lebanon — led to widespread speculation that the commandos might have been on a mission to rescue two Israeli soldiers seized by Hezbollah. Their capture in July was the spark for ferocious fighting between Israel and Hezbollah.

Still, the Israeli army said it would continue cross-border raids until "proper monitoring bodies are established on the Lebanese borders." It gave few details of Saturday's raid, although it said the goals of the operation were "achieved in full."
Aryanbeauty said:
It is the duty of Lebanese troops and UNFIL to prevent this but as it failed to do so, Israel have the right to act.
No, it doesn't give Israel the right to do anything. Israel's jumping the gun, and isn't giving the peacekeeping force a realistic time frame to get things in order.

Aryanbeauty said:
Another hizbollah supporter's lies exposed!
I'm not a Hezbollah supporter. I condemn the killing of Israeli civilians by Hezbollah as much as I condemn the killing of Lebanese civilians by the IDF.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Yes very funny how you quickly go on claiming UN demanding evidence, just as I exposed a lie.

Overheard on a radio and post it as a fact? How about you go to a UN website and check the original statement itself ?Koffi Annan statements here

Israel is not obliged to provide evidence to satisfy your visual lust. Every demand of evidence should come from proper channels in the UN through its committees. So far there is no demand from either the Secretary general or UN Security Council.

Israel will not sit idle while Hizbollah are re-arming themselves with weapons from Syria and Iran which is a violation of the UN resolution. Realistically, UN troops have so far failed to arrive in the numbers promised and in the meantime Israel have the right to enforce the resolution.

I'm not a Hezbollah supporter. I condemn the killing of Israeli civilians by Hezbollah as much as I condemn the killing of Lebanese civilians by the IDF

I am yet to find your post in which you condemn hizbollah, in fact most of them are pro-hizbollah and anti-Israel.

tempco

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Overheard on a radio and post it as a fact?
Well, I assumed that ABC Radio is a reliable source. I guess you think otherwise.

Aryanbeauty said:
How about you go to a UN website and check the original statement itself? Koffi Annan statements here
The Secretary-General has today spoken to the Prime Ministers of Israel and Lebanon about this matter.
What do you think they talked about? I'm not too sure, but most probably about the reasons why Israel broke the ceasefire, and then the question that usually follows is: "Do you have any evidence?"

Aryanbeauty said:
Israel is not obliged to provide evidence to satisfy your visual lust. Every demand of evidence should come from proper channels in the UN through its committees. So far there is no demand from either the Secretary general or UN Security Council.
My visual lust? Don't you think Israel should have alerted the UN of the alleged movement of weapons across the Syria-Lebanon border and presented the evidence so that there would be no risk of the ceasefire being broken by Hezbollah as well?

Aryanbeauty said:
Israel will not sit idle while Hizbollah are re-arming themselves with weapons from Syria and Iran which is a violation of the UN resolution. Realistically, UN troops have so far failed to arrive in the numbers promised and in the meantime Israel have the right to enforce the resolution.
How is that a ceasefire? And again, if Israel is so sure of Hezbollah receiving munitions from Syria and Iran, why doesn't it pass on the evidence to the UN so that proper measures can be taken to prevent this, instead of destabilising an already unstable situation?

Aryanbeauty said:
I am yet to find your post in which you condemn hizbollah, in fact most of them are pro-hizbollah and anti-Israel.
I'd never agree to the indiscriminate killing of civilians. But of course, as many pro-Israeli posters here tend to think, you're either with Isreal or with the terrorists, right?

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Well, I assumed that ABC Radio is a reliable source. I guess you think otherwise.

Apparently you are making up, since there is no proof anywhere on the UN website or even the ABC website that UN asked for evidence.

What do you think they talked about? I'm not too sure, but most probably about the reasons why Israel broke the ceasefire, and then the question that usually follows is: "Do you have any evidence?"

What is talked between them is not a UN statement, its a matter of private conversation and opinion of both parties, still neither UN or Lebanese officials said the conversation demand evidence.

My visual lust? Don't you think Israel should have alerted the UN of the alleged movement of weapons across the Syria-Lebanon border and presented the evidence so that there would be no risk of the ceasefire being broken by Hezbollah as well?

Presenting evidence does not prevent transfer of weapons, how do UN which is yet to send a single combat soldiers to Lebanon is going to prevent a transfer already going on by telephoning hizbollah Hello?

How is that a ceasefire? And again, if Israel is so sure of Hezbollah receiving munitions from Syria and Iran, why doesn't it pass on the evidence to the UN so that proper measures can be taken to prevent this, instead of destabilising an already unstable situation?

Israel dont need to pass evidence unless asked to by the UN, so far there is no demand.

I'd never agree to the indiscriminate killing of civilians. But of course, as many pro-Israeli posters here tend to think, you're either with Isreal or with the terrorists, right?

Yes, stop pretending to be neutral while you are not.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
The only thing that has been proven is that Israel has broken the ceasefire.

tempco

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Presenting evidence does not prevent transfer of weapons, how do UN which is yet to send a single combat soldiers to Lebanon is going to prevent a transfer already going on by telephoning hizbollah Hello?
The point of presenting evidence isn't to stop the movement of weapons per se. It's to prevent the war from escalating further.

HSC
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=122150

i think most people realise by know that this war is going to contiue and this "ceasefire" is NOT going to continue for a long time...

also i think it was the israeli PM that said that since there is a cease fire it will most likely start again in another 20 years...he said that like as soon as a cease fire was announced...

i'll give it less then 2 weeks....

also no matter what anyone says you can never be 100% certain about anything in this war since both sides have different perspectives...keep that into account ...

and i was just wondering if anyone watched 60 minutes yesterday...they were talking about the war and had people from both sides...just wanted to know what your thoughts were...

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Now Iranians(shiite muslims) and Arabs (mostly Sunnis) are competing for influence in Lebanon.

Hezbollah's operatives were still handing out bundles of $100 bills to people who lost homes to Israeli bombs — $12,000 for each claimant. The stipend is to pay a year's rent and refurnish homes.

Arab foreign ministers held an emergency meeting in Egypt, and Arab League Deputy Secretary-General Ahmed Ben Heli said they would discuss setting up a fund to rebuild Lebanon, which lost an estimated 15,000 apartments, 140 bridges and other structures.

Diplomats said Arab governments wanted to counter the flood of Iranian money that is believed to be financing the Hezbollah handouts.

The irony is that most Iranians live in dire poverty and the country cannot even produce enough Petrol for its own use at the same time it is spending millions of dollars promoting terrorism in another country. Poor Persians :(

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What the fuck are you smoking?
Perhaps you need to ask that to yourself.

You are the first person who did not know that Iran have to Import Petrol and Diesel for its own use. Most people don't know that Iran import petrol and Diesel.

Iran, the second-biggest oil producer in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, imports more than a third of the gasoline it uses, about 188,000 barrels a day. Last year, the country spent about 10 percent of its $44.6 billion crude oil export revenue on gasoline imports. Link here

Petroleum is not the same as Petrol. To get petrol, you have to refine petroleum. Iran; due to US sanctions and failure of its Gov't policy; do not have enough capacity and technology to refine enough oil for its own use. It is importing petrol from India which actually import the crude oil from Iran! A Story of another failed state.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)