• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Thats just absurd. Aren't we all generally westerners here? You'd find the majority of members of this board would be more inclined to question and challenge Bush as opposed to muslims. Yes, many will assume muslim extremists are the insigators of terrorist attacks these days, but given recent history, it's more of an educated guess rather than a generalisation. Much like a decade ago, the IRA was the first thought when terrorist attacks occured.
u have to also understand that a lot of people who are questioning bush are a bit left leaning and also have a higher level of education than some of the aussies i know who brashly say things like "fuckin muslims, they're all dirty terrorists. we should blow up every mosque and kill every disgusting one of them"
think about it.

RyBo

HSC
first you critisize me for beign ignorant, and a hypocrit, and generalizing.

Then you do the same things yourself.

Just because I have different views to you, dosen't mean their wrong.

This thread is getting stupid.

Argue all you want.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zahid said:
Go on withoutaface...why don't u shove in ur 2cents worth.
My 2c worth is that no adult person should have to live under a leader they didn't elect.

</iraq discussion>

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
funniboi said:
let's try and talk about 'london' and not 'iraq'.

Haven't you noticed? Everything comes back to the evils of America and the war on terror. Everything that happens is as a direct result of Iraq, and every attack on Western soil (according to Soha) is deserved. People refuse to see that terrorists are inhinged bastards with no respect for human life, and feel that the lives of certain groups of people (westerns in this case) are worthless and expendable to get their message across. They're intent on making excuses for them.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Okay lets talk about London.

There were terrorist attacks on the london public transport system during peak hour this morning (london time) made by parties unknown.

Lots of people are rightfully feeling the shockwaves because of close misses with family and friends, and lots of people are also rightfully feeling the shockwaves because it gives them a feeling of uncertainty about there own saftey in the world today.

Its a combination of the 2 for me.

I lived in london for 3 years as a child, 2 of which were spent living at russell square where one of the blasts was, and this terrifies me. I was there every day for 2 years during the IRA bomb threats so its somewhat familiar, being evacuated from stations, although none went off while i was there..
My aunty and cousin live in london and i have no news on them yet
I also lived in England last year and as such have many friends in the country and i am absolutely terrified that something has happened to them, and am scared that they will have lost someone close to them.

It also terrifies me that i have such little control over that part of my life...what can i do if i am sitting on a train or bus that someone wants to blow up?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can we get back onto london instead of this childish squabbling among ourselves?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol just like that..claimed repsonsibility within seconds of the attack..
remind sme of sep 11 where they already had their suspects and shit and all their evidence all ready to show us..just half an hour after sep 11
i think its suss

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zahid said:
GEEZ, just when u though they were all depleated.
When did I ever say that the war on terror had already been successful?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
withoutaface said:
My 2c worth is that no adult person should have to live under a leader they didn't elect.

</iraq discussion>
I don't belive the aboriginals chose to accept your great great gandparents to come and take over thier country. BUT hey.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Haven't you noticed? Everything comes back to the evils of America and the war on terror. Everything that happens is as a direct result of Iraq, and every attack on Western soil (according to Soha) is deserved. People refuse to see that terrorists are inhinged bastards with no respect for human life, and feel that the lives of certain groups of people (westerns in this case) are worthless and expendable to get their message across. They're intent on making excuses for them.
bullshit
according to soha
soha never said america deserves everythign she gets
but i said what goes around comes around
that doesnt mean anyoen deserves it
its just the way it goes
i have family in america and in london and people i know and care about effecting by these "acts of terrorism"
i dont believe any of this shit is necessary and im against it..
but i believe ina cycle..is that so bad?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
:rolleyes:

My great, great grandparents never left Ireland thanks very much.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I can't believe some people are being so immature in a thread about another tragic attack where innocent lives have been lost. Get some perspective and show a bit of respect.

The details are all so sketchy at the moment, I've been watching Sky News but not much is clear.

My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families and friends.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
---- on topic----
50 people have been confirmed dead
alexander downer is on tv
he has a horrible haircut.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Courtenay said:
I just dont get it how anyone could think blowing up people is going to help anyone, be it as an act of terrorism, or in a war or anything.

But at the moment all i can do is hope that all my friends and their families over there are safe...
Terrorism in some cases is the effect of a systematic oppresion and set of beliefs and discourses forcing some sort of disparity and minoritising of a certain group. In these cases, such as in the Balkans, the systematic rape, murder and pillaging of the various groups by the Russian military would be reason enough for me, if i found myself in a similar situation, to feel that terrorism was a concept in which i hope some sort of change could be sought. Legal grounds are worked against you, institutions and social discourses are set up to perpetuate the violence and the differences. Even Nelson Mandela found himself pushed to the point of terrorism as his attempts at the legal and peaceful change within the Apartheid regimes were set back step by step.

For most, the prime purpose of terrorist acts, is to claim the spotlight, and highlight some sort of problem in an attempt to reform. The problem is that with the world becoming more desensitised and more and more violent acts occuring, there needs to be more horrific and 'inhumane' acts committed. I say 'inhumane' for there are far worse things seen throughout history and which has been passed over as antiquity.

Issues such as this are rife with socio-political and cultural baggage which will take a while to even partially understand, and hotspots like Israel are examples where the continual perpetuation of this 'they just hate us' attitude does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)