• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Merlin... again (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
aren't you saying that by requiring a waiting period before they can be executed, that you don't trust the justice system with someone's life?
I trust the justice system. However, like everything, there are glitches and mistakes can be made. I still believe in most cases it is right.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so do you believe that hickey's penalty was worthy of his crime?

what if they catch the wrong person?
Can't you understand that it was his own fault that he died, no one killed him, or handed him a death sentence.....
why run from the police if you have nothing to hide?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
OZGIRL86 said:
Can't you understand that it was his own fault that he died, no one killed him, or handed him a death sentence.....
No they can't understand. Everything that happens in this society is the evil workings of Howard and his cronnies in the NSW Police Force.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
did he deserve it?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
No they can't understand. Everything that happens in this society is the evil workings of Howard and his cronnies in the NSW Police Force.
cept for the part where labor runs the state

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Fine. No they can't understand. Everything that happens in this society is the evil workings of Howard and his cronnies in the Federal Police Force.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
crazyhomo said:
did he deserve it?
That's completely beside the point. It was his own fault. It was unfortunate that he died but it was his choice to run that lead to it. You're grasping for straws here.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
OZGIRL86 said:
what does that have to do with what we are talking about?
It has nothing to do with what where talking about. Homo just goes of track when he has run out of arguements to support his stupid statements.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
That's completely beside the point. It was his own fault. It was unfortunate that he died but it was his choice to run that lead to it. You're grasping for straws here.
some guys chooses to steal a tv. he gets caught. he is sent to prison, because it is his fault and deserves it. by your logic, hickey died because it was his fault and he deserved it

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I trust the justice system. However, like everything, there are glitches and mistakes can be made. I still believe in most cases it is right.
so what about poor sod who gets executed by mistake? is he an acceptable casualty? what if it was you?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
crazyhomo said:
some guys chooses to steal a tv. he gets caught. he is sent to prison, because it is his fault and deserves it. by your logic, hickey died because it was his fault and he deserved it
Ah nooo...being sent to prison as punishment is deserved. Falling off a bike by accident is like a completely different scenario. I think you're confusing me with someone who supports the death penalty. Had he been caught and found guilty he would have deserved an appropriate punishment. But as it was, it was an accident that could have been prevented if he hadn't been so foolish.

As I said, you're grasping for straws here.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
Ah nooo...being sent to prison as punishment is deserved. Falling off a bike by accident is like a completely different scenario. I think you're confusing me with someone who supports the death penalty. Had he been caught and found guilty he would have deserved an appropriate punishment. But as it was, it was an accident that could have been prevented if he hadn't been so foolish.

As I said, you're grasping for straws here.
no, i'm really not. if you are saying that there was fault involved, on the part of hickey, you are implying that everything that occurred was his choice, and therefore any of the consequences of those actions he deserved, because he choose it to happen that way

Lundy

Banned
HSC
crazyhomo said:
no, i'm really not. if you are saying that there was fault involved, on the part of hickey, you are implying that everything that occurred was his choice, and therefore any of the consequences of those actions he deserved, because he choose it to happen that way
No, I'm not implying that. If something is someone's fault it doesn't automatically follow that the consequences are deserved. And "deserved" is a subjective thing.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
No, I'm not implying that. If something is someone's fault it doesn't automatically follow that the consequences are deserved. And "deserved" is a subjective thing.
ok, example. i have a test coming up. i don't feel like studying, so i don't. the test comes around, and i do really poorly. did i deserve it?

what about if i'm driving 40k above the speed limit. i misjudge a corner and smash into a tree. i survive, but i'm knocked out for a couple of hours, and the car is totalled. did i deserve it?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
There's no fucking way I'm arguing anymore with you. I only stepped in here because I've been following this thread and your "method" of picking out insignificant, obscure points and trying to make an argument out of them is pretty weak. I think you need to acknowledge when someone else has a stronger argument than you, not just dig yourself into a deeper hole with increasingly irrelevant points.

And you're making a huge deal out of this "deserving" thing when you're the one who brought it up in the first place when it had nothing to do with it!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
There's no fucking way I'm arguing anymore with you. I only stepped in here because I've been following this thread and your "method" of picking out insignificant, obscure points and trying to make an argument out of them is pretty weak. I think you need to acknowledge when someone else has a stronger argument than you, not just dig yourself into a deeper hole with increasingly irrelevant points.

And you're making a huge deal out of this "deserving" thing when you're the one who brought it up in the first place when it had nothing to do with it!
you are obviously completely missing the point. to you, this may seem like an "obscure" point i'm trying to make, but i think it is completely relevent. if i prove this one point, just like i did with the apology thing, then a persons argument starts to backtrack until everything they falls apart. baby steps

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so what about poor sod who gets executed by mistake? is he an acceptable casualty? what if it was you?
Thats why theres a 10 year buffer. So it can be investigated further. I feel like I've already explained this. Hmmm. Thats right, I have!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm not missing the point. I know you well enough to know you often think your way of thinking is fantastic when really it isn't. And that you think the reason no one "gets" how amazing you are is because you're highly superior to everyone else in terms of reason & intellect, not that you just make no sense and have a flawed argument.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Thats why theres a 10 year buffer. So it can be investigated further. I feel like I've already explained this. Hmmm. Thats right, I have!
thorrnydevil said:
I trust the justice system. However, like everything, there are glitches and mistakes can be made.
so you admit mistakes can be made? and you're ok with mistakes being made with a human life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)