• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Merlin... again (3 Viewers)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
huh? are you saying we should kill them all?
No, I saying an eye for an eye. Sorry, but what does this have to do with Merlin? Are you trying to get off track cause you don't have any more arguements? Likely.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
No, I saying an eye for an eye. Sorry, but what does this have to do with Merlin? Are you trying to get off track cause you don't have any more arguements? Likely.
so you do believe we should be beating up those who have committed assault, raping those who have committed rape, killing those who have committed murder? what about drug addicts? how would you deal with them?

and funny you should tell me i don't have anymore arguments. if i recall you were the one who stuck his fingers in his ears and refused to recognise his reason for not apologising didn't make any logical sense

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so you do believe we should be beating up those who have committed assault, raping those who have committed rape, killing those who have committed murder? what about drug addicts? how would you deal with them?
Yes, murderers should be executed, people who commited assault should be beaten and rapists should be executed as well.

Grug Addicts-taken to a hospital were proper treatment is available.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yes, murderers should be executed, people who commited assault should be beaten and rapists should be executed as well.

Grug Addicts-taken to a hospital were proper treatment is available.
why are rapists and grug addicts given special treatment in your eye for an eye legal system?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
wait, whilst murderers and those who committ physical assault deserve an eye for an eye... rapists don't deserve the same?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
why are rapists and grug addicts given special treatment in your eye for an eye legal system?
I dont see how execution for rapists is special treatment, a rapist is a disgusting person who deserves to die. Drug addiction can be cured where as murdering-I believe-can't be.

BTW, I believe that before the death penalty be given as a penalty to a criminal they should under go a psychiatric assessment do see if they have a mental illness or not.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I dont see how execution for rapists is special treatment, a rapist is a disgusting person who deserves to die. Drug addiction can be cured where as murdering-I believe-can't be.

BTW, I believe that before the death penalty be given as a penalty to a criminal they should under go a psychiatric assessment do see if they have a mental illness or not.
so do you, or don't you, believe in eye for an eye punishment? because you seem inconsistent on this

and what will the psychiatric assessment do to determine whether they are executed or not?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so do you, or don't you, believe in eye for an eye punishment? because you seem inconsistent on this

and what will the psychiatric assessment do to determine whether they are executed or not?
Yes, I do believe in eye for an eye punishment. A rapist ruins the life of his or her victim. I believe we should ruin there life.

If a person is found to be mentally unfit to stand trial or couldn't of controlled him or herself they would just stay out their punishment in a psychiatric institution. I thought this would seem quite obvious to most people.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ok, i agree 100%. rapists are disgusting. not arguing with you there. BUT... an eye for an eye suggests... an eye for an eye... you can move on from getting raped... once you're dead you're dead. you're basically being really inconsistent.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Many people dont move on from getting raped. With one thing...hmmm...really inconsistent. Sorry, apart from the drug addicts.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yes, I do believe in eye for an eye punishment. A rapist ruins the life of his or her victim. I believe we should ruin there life.

If a person is found to be mentally unfit to stand trial or couldn't of controlled him or herself they would just stay out their punishment in a psychiatric institution. I thought this would seem quite obvious to most people.
you said you believe in eye for an eye. not general principle for a general principle. rape is just not the same as murder. simple as that

and it also seems odd that you not only believe that only some murderers, those that are mentally unstable, should have this punishment placed upon them, when you stated earlier that you don't believe a murderer can be 'cured'. so, shouldn't all murderers then be burdened with mental diseases that means they are exempt from the death penalty?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Many people dont move on from getting raped. With one thing...hmmm...really inconsistent. Sorry, apart from the drug addicts.
of course they don't, just as some people don't move on from a home invasion and live the rest of their lives in fear. but you know what? you can heal after being raped, you can spank your inner moppet and live a rich life, NOT ruined by what some cunt did to you.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
cherryblossom said:
glycerine, you have the makings of a miranda devine. :rolleyes:
that is possibly the most insulting thing i have ever heard

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
you said you believe in eye for an eye. not general principle for a general principle. rape is just not the same as murder. simple as that

and it also seems odd that you not only believe that only some murderers, those that are mentally unstable, should have this punishment placed upon them, when you stated earlier that you don't believe a murderer can be 'cured'. so, shouldn't all murderers then be burdened with mental diseases that means they are exempt from the death penalty?
They would be in a Psychiatric institution for their whole lives-they wouldn't need to be cured.

glycerine said:
of course they don't, just as some people don't move on from a home invasion and live the rest of their lives in fear. but you know what? you can heal after being raped, you can spank your inner moppet and live a rich life, NOT ruined by what some cunt did to you.
But wouldn't you want justice for the
glycerine said:
that did it to you?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
cherryblossom said:
glycerine, you have the makings of a miranda devine. :rolleyes:
because, as a rape survivor, i had the gall to say that you can indeed move on with your life? gee, i'm sorry.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
But wouldn't you want justice for the that did it to you?
That's not the issue. The issue is that your idea of "justice" is based on a very outdated and impractical concept, and also that you've failed to maintain consistency whilst listing *four* crimes, let alone all the ones that could possibly be committed.

I could very easily let myself be ruled by my emotions alone and say "Oh, yes, rape is terrible and thus every rapist deserves to die". That would be the easy way out. However, our world, our society, is more complicated than that. As long as there is *any* chance that someone could be wrongly executed - and there always is, nothing is 100% - I refuse to support the death penalty.

PS. For the record, it's a general rule that you don't laugh at a joke if you don't know what it means. Maybe you should try picking up a newspaper every once in a while.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
That's not the issue. The issue is that your idea of "justice" is based on a very outdated and impractical concept, and also that you've failed to maintain consistency whilst listing *four* crimes, let alone all the ones that could possibly be committed.

I could very easily let myself be ruled by my emotions alone and say "Oh, yes, rape is terrible and thus every rapist deserves to die". That would be the easy way out. However, our world, our society, is more complicated than that. As long as there is *any* chance that someone could be wrongly executed - and there always is, nothing is 100% - I refuse to support the death penalty.

PS. For the record, it's a general rule that you don't laugh at a joke if you don't know what it means. Maybe you should try picking up a newspaper every once in a while.
How would you know if I read the paper or not? I just look at the bright and colourful pictures!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)