MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bringbackshred said:
Congratulations on being retarded. I stated my opinion, and simply because it clashes with yours, you think that I don't know what i'm talking about. Fuck off. I'm done with you.
Your opinion is wrong. Power metal is an evolution of NWOBHM.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
YET

(ignoring what you guys are talking about now)

Why do people claim that in an experiment, a plant thrives and blooms flowers listening to classical music, and withers and dies listening to metal?

Or is that some stupid myth.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Your opinion is wrong. Power metal is an evolution of NWOBHM.
Wait a minute... Didn't I talk about how Iron Maiden were around the time on NWOBHM? I said I didn;t classify them as NWOBHM, but I thought they were influenced by it.

And just for the record, an opinion cannot be wrong.

Get the fuck over this stupid agrument. I'm not posting in this thread again until you agree to disagree with me, because you're acting like a child.

@ur_inner_child: Where did you hear that? I'm interested.

circusmind

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Why do people claim that in an experiment, a plant thrives and blooms flowers listening to classical music, and withers and dies listening to metal?

I think you answered your own question.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
YET

(ignoring what you guys are talking about now)

* Posted by
Zoe Cipolla
(ZoChick2000@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Apr 24, 01 at 16:42

Hey..... I am doin this project.. If u play classical music to a plant it will grow much faster! My plant was 10in then it went up to 11 and a half in 2 days!!!! I played music to it for a day or 4 hours!! Trust me I know!!!!!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/teach/msg0113244514471.html?17

Can't argue with that.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
withoutaface said:
* Posted by
Zoe Cipolla
(ZoChick2000@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Apr 24, 01 at 16:42

Hey..... I am doin this project.. If u play classical music to a plant it will grow much faster! My plant was 10in then it went up to 11 and a half in 2 days!!!! I played music to it for a day or 4 hours!! Trust me I know!!!!!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/teach/msg0113244514471.html?17

Can't argue with that.
Damn right.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
circusmind said:
I think you answered your own question.
okay more like "are surrounded by frequencies generated from classical music"

mkay?

angelbird72

HSC
I don't know about judging people by their musical taste. I listen to so much different music I don't know what you'd call me...

I recently started listening to metal (I'm very glad to learn this doesn't mean I've lost any IQ points), and I really enjoy it. Before that I mainly listened to classical music as well as rock and pop and whatever the radio decided to play me. I like the radio.

Now I listen to so much different stuff maybe the only logical conclusion is that I have multiple personalities... if I do, I haven't noticed them, so who knows... :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
If it is an opinion based on factual evidence, yes.
Keep posting, its beautiful just how this sense of 'pluralist' thought thrives inplace of any sense of actual logic.

An opinion can be very wrong, just because someone holds an opinion doesn't mean its logically or structurally sound and can therefore be attacked as being fallacious and *gasp* wrong.

Lets take this argument as an example.

The line of thought that 'old school' metal isn't classified as metal. The reason given thus far have included "because they're too soft" to paraphrase, or "they don't use Drop C tuning and growl like they're having erectile AND bowel problems while munching on the remains of a koala while being jack hammered by Elton John (happy birthday mate)."

Yep, thats right, Iron Maiden, you guys need to get into drop tuning to qualify as metal.

Idiot.

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
Yep, thats right, Iron Maiden, you guys need to get into drop tuning to qualify as metal.

Idiot.
Actually i think Adrian recently discovered drop D. for years he didn't even know what it was until he was jamming with someone like in the 90's and they tuned down.

so yeah........he plays songs like the number of the beast in drop d now.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
Actually i think Adrian recently discovered drop D. for years he didn't even know what it was until he was jamming with someone like in the 90's and they tuned down.

so yeah........he plays songs like the number of the beast in drop d now.
Oh don't forget Nicko's attempt at trying to double pedal, but screwing that idea, cos he can double kick fast enough on one anyway haha.

Wait, thats 2 strikes, oh noes, they only need growly vocals now!

HSC
this thread shows that 'metal' fans are probably the stupidest people you'll ever meet

:cool:

Legham

HSC
Nahh, just shows that metal sub-genres are too controversial.. They should just be used as a guideline for someone to explain a band, they shouldn't be taken as factual.. After all, there is no strict guidelines as to which bands fit in which sub-genres. And if there was, who would decide it in the first place?

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
Nahh, just shows that metal sub-genres are too controversial.. They should just be used as a guideline for someone to explain a band, they shouldn't be taken as factual.. After all, there is no strict guidelines as to which bands fit in which sub-genres. And if there was, who would decide it in the first place?
anyone that is unsure should consult..................

THE BOOK OF HEAVY METAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylt6YKiVfzE

:santa:

HSC
Legham said:
probably the stupidest person in this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)