Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

alax dillon

HSC
I think that The Da Vinci Code is breeding socially acceptible hate... The author's next book is "exposing the truth" about the Freemasons. :p

the next book he just did was "the lost symbol", yeah its about freemasonry but it is very well written and researched. i bought it when it came out, absolutely loved it, but not as good as "angels and demons"

Kat92

HSC
Romulus, My Father
Really, I thought that it was a really good memoir. Probably a bit overdone on the concept of belonging though.

Most annoying books:

-Pride and Prejudice
-V for Vendetta

isabe

HSC
Mrs. Cherry, unfortunately I am one who has never had the constitution for Dickens. It must also be said, that whilst Mr Dickens' prose is dreary, Mrs Austen's critique of 19th century paradigms is neither insightful nor intelligent. In fact, if I may be so bold, I would say that her writing is utter tripe.

Also, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE UNFORTUNATE LIVES OF WEALTHY GIRLS WHO HAVE TO MARRY PEOPLE THAT THEY DONT LOVE. Shit, those Victorians struggled to come up with anything else to write about.

The only "OMG VICTORIAN MARITAL PARADIGMS SUCK" book/play/poem that is worth reading is the Importance of Being Earnest.
Firstly, Miss Austen -not Mrs Austen as she was never married- was Edwardian, not Victorian-get it right.
And secondly,the whole point of the novels are that the girls are not wealthy, but they still have enough dignity that they marry for love, which makes Elizabeth and Jane Bennet, and the Dashwoods, and Fanny some of the first feminist characters

0bs3n3

HSC
Firstly, Miss Austen -not Mrs Austen as she was never married- was Edwardian, not Victorian-get it right.
And secondly,the whole point of the novels are that the girls are not wealthy, but they still have enough dignity that they marry for love, which makes Elizabeth and Jane Bennet, and the Dashwoods, and Fanny some of the first feminist characters
Oh really? Cool. Still painful as hell though.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
anything stephen meyers wrote with her hand she uses to fist elephants and insert garlic into her rectum spontaneously generating awful ideas to write for books!!!

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Finnegans Wake.

I know it's meant to be the greatest piece of literature ever written, but still...

muhahahahahaha

HSC
New Moon from the Twilight series! worst book that I have ever read in the history of books! it's way overrated~ oh and this book called "The Quest" I really didnt enjoy the story line one bit.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't know if it has been mentioned previously but 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley. It's annoying cause I was supposed to read it for the HSC.

HSC
Death to!! Fay Weldon ><"""""""""""""""""""""

in 'Letters to Alice on First Reading Jane Austen'

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't know if it has been mentioned previously but 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley. It's annoying cause I was supposed to read it for the HSC.
Heh, yeh. It was 'alright' imo but the second we started analysing it, it instantly became shit.

Yo1anda

HSC
Wuthering Heights.

It was absolutely horrible.
I read that in year 7 and understood none of it but it made my english teachers love me.

I hated reading Deadly, Unna? and I hated Dracula.

edit: I didnt really read dracula i kept skimming in the vain hope of finding sexy bits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)