MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting. I dont think i failed miserably. Either just failed or just passed betwen 45 and 55 i reckon. And yes it woukd be my only unit left but ill double check
So I double checked in the academic policy section:
"3.4 In cases where students have made a serious first attempt at a hurdle requirement but have failed to meet it, they must be given one further opportunity to meet that hurdle requirement.

For the purposes of this clause, a serious attempt at an assessment task is one where the student has made an effort to address the set task, but has failed to reach the required standard of performance. For example, in an examination, students are required to attempt a range of question types throughout the paper; for example, simply attempting multiple-choice questions is not sufficient for an attempt to be considered serious. Responses that contain only frivolous or objectionable material will not be considered serious."

You can find this here: http://www.mq.edu.au/policy/docs/assessment/schedule_2.html

Now it does say on the next point they can grant exceptions, but if you barely fail, it looks like you may still have the opportunity to pass yet.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
On another note I woke up at 2am freaking out because they'd released my results for my first 2 exams and I had on fail and one "M" grade (which meant I failed but was getting a second attempt :lol:)

HSC
N/A
On another note I woke up at 2am freaking out because they'd released my results for my first 2 exams and I had on fail and one "M" grade (which meant I failed but was getting a second attempt :lol:)
welp, so was it wrong? or are you going in for a second attempt?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
No no just a crazy dream! (Unless I've predicted the future? I hope not!!)

On another topic, I arrived at uni at 7.30am today in preparation for my 9am exam.
I went to the room 10 minutes before, but the subject on the board was "Geology" so naturally, I began freaking out. Ran to the nearest computer lab, I'd definitely gone to the right place. Ran back to the building to see if maybe it was two exams in one room or maybe I read the door numbers wrong. Still nothing.

Sprinted back to the lab again, this time I was going to print out my timetable in case it was wrong. Turns out im an idiot and my exam was at 1.30pm, not 9am.

So after arriving 6 hours early, I finally did my exam. Super, super easy. So happy with how it went. I'm free now, but it was a stressful morning :lol:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Session 2 2016 Result Information
For Session 2 2016, it's expected that unit results will be sent via email between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.
This is a rolling process and all results will be emailed to students' Macquarie University email addresses by 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.
Unit result information will also be available via eStudent from 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also does anyone know a method of concession foil/card number or something if I want to book a long train trip such as going to brisbane?

HSC
N/A
I'm sure if you have your student ID that's more than enough. But wouldn't you just book a plane ticket for a bit more? 1hr and you're there lol

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Session 2 2016 Result Information
For Session 2 2016, it's expected that unit results will be sent via email between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.
This is a rolling process and all results will be emailed to students' Macquarie University email addresses by 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.
Unit result information will also be available via eStudent from 3:00 pm on 15 December 2016.
Looking forward to exam results release [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised, in one of my units we were told that the "second chance" exams were running from the 12th to the 16th. It will be interesting to see how Macquarie implement these.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I just realised, in one of my units we were told that the "second chance" exams were running from the 12th to the 16th. It will be interesting to see how Macquarie implement these.
Will students who haven't quite passed be sent an email with alternate exam times?

I really hope I never, ever, fail a unit. I would die [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Will students who haven't quite passed be sent an email with alternate exam times?

I really hope I never, ever, fail a unit. I would die [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I'd be really tempted to drop out if I fail a unit.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
None of my units have said the dates that alternative exams are on (And most of them are double pass this time round)

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
None of my units have said the dates that alternative exams are on (And most of them are double pass this time round)
This was my only unit that mentioned it, all 3 of mine have the second exam thing running too. I'd assume emails would be sent to eligible students next week if this was accurate.

This was on the cover of our final exam paper also.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad

I'd be really tempted to drop out if I fail a unit.

Yeahhhh it's not as bad as you think. It sucks, but life goes on. :lol:

HSC
N/A
I would assume supp exams at mq operate like most other unis, the timetable should come out soon about the times and room location

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also

Hurdle Assessments Timetable

Session 2 2016: 20th to 23rd December 2016 (Timetable will be available here by 5 pm on the 16th December)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)