• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

ahmad

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
no one (on these forums at least) is stating that this is the case. rather, most of us totally disagree with what the shiekh has said. rapists are at fault.
The sheikh's comment as i see it, is mostly wrong on how he has interpreted his views, which i think gives us a different perspective towards rape.
In Islam we believe that "prevention is the best cure", as the sheikh said that "In islam we treat women as flowers" and by making them dress modestly, in a way it prevents them from being rapped.

Last edited:

ahmad

HSC
N/A
In Islam rapist are at fault, an if the commit rape they pay with their lives (again implying that "prevention is the best cure" as a rapist will think twice before he rape a women, because if caught he will die. Unlike the Australian legal system, where u can just make up that u were mentally ill and get away with it)

By the way people who say Islam is aggainst women, are actually really ignorant. Historically, is u see it Islam was the first ever religion that gave women rights. It only the last century that the Western society has given women such freedom (as they say it)

mahuligan

HSC
i cant believe this thread is still going..it seems to be going around in circles! we all keep repeating similar points :|
i thought the issue had already been resolved :S

tempco

HSC
well i thought it was finished, then ahmad posted. oh well.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
mahuligan said:
i cant believe this thread is still going..it seems to be going around in circles! we all keep repeating similar points :|
i thought the issue had already been resolved :S
exactly

and i agree with nekkid i thought it was over too

tempco

HSC
yes they did... they made it sound like every woman should be afraid of being jumped on and raped by muslims because of what that dude said. over-dramaticised the topic, just like TT usually does.

firehose

HSC
typical TT.... their subjective opinion was the right one but yeah very overdramatized and only serves to further damage the reputation of Australian Muslims even though they deserve better.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
firehose said:
typical TT.... their subjective opinion was the right one but yeah very overdramatized and only serves to further damage the reputation of Australian Muslims even though they deserve better.
Australian muslims have themselves to blame for damaging their own reputations.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
OZGIRL86 said:
tru, i agree with u.................. but just don't generalise...........................not everyone is like them

tempco

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
i agree with that totally. someone shouldve straggled the guy before he even started talking.

apparently even more damaging comments were made on the radio, but obviously you can "talkback" during these broadcasts, and we sure did... too bad you cant do that on tv :/

mahuligan

HSC
*sigh* i cant believe TT even bothered...anyone with common sense would realise that he was just a lone nutcase

tempco

HSC
oh cmon dont put anything past TT.. i mean theyve done at least 5 gigabillion reports on the most random things.. like algae concentration in the murray river, which may cause the extinction of NSWalians.

firehose

HSC
Hmm ok maybe Muslims are responsible for damaging their own reputations by having these sort of hardline stances but it should be noted that most people, incl. most Muslims, disagree with what that leader said. So basically it's one person (+ a few idiotic guys who actually believe him) who ruin it for the rest of that minority group.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
firehose said:
Hmm ok maybe Muslims are responsible for damaging their own reputations by having these sort of hardline stances but it should be noted that most people, incl. most Muslims, disagree with what that leader said. So basically it's one person (+ a few idiotic guys who actually believe him) who ruin it for the rest of that minority group.
i agree .

malkin86

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
At an ecumenical service in 2001 at the NSW Parliament, a chief rabbi said something that I think is very true: "If any religion is under threat, all are unsafe; if any religion is attacked all must speak up and come to their aid; and religions must not be judged by extremists who exploit the name of God". I stretch that to include atheism and agnosticism.

HSC
soha said:
hes misunderstood...
islam doesnt not condemn rape..
therefore no one deserves rape
This isn't the first time he's gained attention for himself by taking the hard line. I recall seeing videos of him quite some time ago discussing terrorism, and to be frank I found what he was saying then pretty apalling. I think it's more likely that he's perfectly understood. The thing that's being misunderstood here, at least from my perspective, is Islam, through the way he approaches these issues. You're correct though, nobody deserves" rape, not even those who dress in "satanic" clothes which reveal their shoulders.

soha said:
but dressing slike a slut..means ur more likely to be harassed and raped
which is what hes trying to say
Do old ladies get raped because they show skin, or is it because the attacker is a power-tripping nutcase with the self-control of an animal?

soha said:
plus he was talking to muslims women
not australian women..not non muslims
so why is everyone else kicking up a stink
"A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world. Why? No one to blame but herself. She displayed her beauty to the entire world . . .
If the quote is correct, then it sort of sounds a lot like he's speaking about all women, not just muslim women. Unless of course muslim women are the only people who are ever raped, but no, I don't think so, seeing as "satanic" clothes are far more prevalent elsewhere.

As to why it's bothered me personally, I'm male, and I certainly don't feel that I have "satanic wolf eyes", and the suggestion that people showing skin leaves myself, or males in general helpless to control their urges is ridiculous. Given the society we live in, I think it's a pretty unreasonable assertion that people shouldn't be able to wear what they want, for fear of the carnal urges of nearby men being tested to breaking point resulting in rape, and am at least marginally offended at the sheikh's suggestion on behalf of the team.

If he wants to say that women shouldn't dress like that around him because it makes him want to rape them, that's fine and dandy, but perhaps he should try speaking for himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)