• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (2 Viewers)

Generator

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
so whats your point?
That the entire concept of respectability has been socially constructed.

tangerinespeedo said:
then i really wish you could prove that males are not aroused by provocative clothing.
Why is it provocative? Why is it that a bit of skin 'drives the men wild'? What if it was considered (and accepted as being) the norm? Would it be provactive within such a context?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
because skin is what u see in sex..sex is nudity..it's supposed to be beautiful..exposure is only a mental link to it.
carnal nature...humans are aroused by more than touch
it's olfactory, visual, taste...sex is a culmination of all the senses therefore arousal can be induced by one or all of the aforementioned senses.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
geez!

like i said before, and Generator is saying as well

you can look "good" to other people without having to show skin. If you don't understand this... *tries to find the words and struggles* do you really think beauty or sexuality = amount of skin showing?

Let me tell you, most of the men I find attractive haven't been showing their legs or the chest or anything.

and not only that, its called self control

I don't go humping every man I find attractive and then blame it on how they look too good.

EDIT: apparently you do think sexuality = amount of skin showing
i really can't comprehend that you can't look beyond that, but okay...

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I don't go humping every man I find attractive and then blame it on how they look too good.
The fundamental difference is that you are a female (I am not sexist) and your hormone levels don't compare to that of guys.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
gar that's what we're saying

we are saying that it's about self-control
that men who rape don't have any
that men who rape can not blame the attractiveness of a female to justify rape

and then the subject moved to why women in provocative clothing arouse male fantasies..which is just nature!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
No one will ever stop me wearing a mini-skirt

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
you've still disregarded half of my post about skin.

meh

im off to bed

tempco

HSC
ur_inner_child, youre going off on a tangent here. looking good without showing skin happens all the time, but it doesnt have anything to do with what were saying here. refer to tangerinespeedo's post no #199.

Generator said:
most things that serve as constraints to how we behave are socially constructed. laws are socially constructed. religion also plays a part in morals and ethics. most of these laws are there to benefit us. i agree, respectability is socially (and in my case, religiously) constructed. my point of view is that dressing in a revealing way, for both men and women, is not "respectful" because it objectifies us.

your point of view is most probably different. this isnt even an argument. its a bunch of people posting up their views over and over again.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
forget it, i mustve taken something out of context and used what i said in the first pages of this thread as well

im off to bed now.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
OK to let the matter rest
Islam condemns rape
Islam punishes those who commit it (males)
Islam encourages women to dress modestly
it's human anture to be aroused by the opposite sex therefore skin show etc will only incur arousal.

end of story

move on.

Generator

HSC
N/A
tangerinespeedo said:
OK to let the matter rest
it's human anture to be aroused by the opposite sex therefore skin show etc will only incur arousal.

end of story

move on.
No. It isn't that simple and it is far from being the 'end of the story', but I'm not going to bother carrying on with the same argument over and over again. That isn't to say I'm agreeing to disagree, though.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Dammit why do i always miss out on the action. :(

To tell the truth, I would take just as much note of a woman in a sweater and jeans as a woman in a mini-skirt and a revealing top if they happen to be beautfiul. Why? Well, because that is the way that my thoughts on the matter have been constructed.
If all rapists thought like you, we wouldn't have an issue here.

Tell me, what would you think if such an outfit was considered the norm and highly respectable by the standards of that particular society?
The fact is that it is not, and I doubt that it will even happen in our society.

Yes, it has been socially constructed. So what? In my eyes, it doesnt change anything, because what has been created by society cannot be undone (easily), so lets not go there for the moment.

Why is it provocative? Why is it that a bit of skin 'drives the men wild'? What if it was considered (and accepted as being) the norm? Would it be provactive within such a context?
Social norms vs Nature. Nature wins, always.

you can look "good" to other people without having to show skin. If you don't understand this... *tries to find the words and struggles* do you really think beauty or sexuality = amount of skin showing?
Great. Problem solved.

HSC
I've thoroughly missed the boat on this one, but wow, I find it very hard to understand how someone dressing in a "sexy" way can be blamed for the lack of self-control displayed by someone else.

It's not, at least in my experience, normal for rape to seem like a good idea every time an individual becomes aroused, especially not when this arousal is just as a result of someone showing some skin. To attempt to blame the individual for this, at least in my opinion, seems to be leaving those guilty of the act itself all but blameless.

Also, it's quite a long thread so I haven't read through it all, and I'm sure this point has already been made, but I don't really see the correlation between these apparently "Evil" clothes and rape anyway, as I was under the impression that rape was commited more often as a result of aggression, being a complete unit, or other such factors, rather than just being turned on.

tempco

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I've thoroughly missed the boat on this one, but wow, I find it very hard to understand how someone dressing in a "sexy" way can be blamed for the lack of self-control displayed by someone else.
no one (on these forums at least) is stating that this is the case. rather, most of us totally disagree with what the shiekh has said. rapists are at fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)