• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim cleric: women incite men's lust with 'satanic dress' (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
jennylim said:
LOL that's the point of this whole thread...discussing how guys react to it etc....

aaand that whole thing about what muslims really do think about this random sheikh
I had to check it out when you mentioned it to me.

I think its insane. But I agree with Sepulchres or at least their friend.

Just because you have the right to wear slutty clothes and increase lust in men doesnt mean you should. Another example of using common sense is: As a right as a pedestrian I can walk across the road (even j-walk) and if I am hit I am in the right. It doesnt mean I should just to exercise my right. By doing this without common sense I will most likely wind up hurt. Consider. Relate the two. And that's my opinion.

I'm not saying that wearing slutty clothes is wrong. I'm not saying that it really is girls/womens fault if they are raped. But soha's right
soha said:
i thing u should be able to dress however u so desire and not be harassed
but thats not the way it works sadly..
Everyone knows there are rapists and that you have more of a chance of being attacked if you wear provocative clothing. So make a decision. If you want to lower your chance wear less revealing clothes. Its not taking away your right. You still can wear a micro mini if you feel the need. But in my opinion make sure you have a strong man around. Or do defence classes :D

tempco

HSC
Generator said:

Why is that so, though?
what goes through your mind when an attractive girl wearing a mini-skirt and a revealing top walks past you?

jebbie

HSC
nekkid said:
what goes through your mind when an attractive girl wearing a mini-skirt and a revealing top walks past you?
Personally? Omg look at that hoebag.
Instant reaction: Turn to nearest friend and point out said hoebag.
Although nowadays theres too many. And theyre getting younger and younger :(

Generator

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
To tell the truth, I would take just as much note of a woman in a sweater and jeans as a woman in a mini-skirt and a revealing top if they happen to be beautfiul. Why? Well, because that is the way that my thoughts on the matter have been constructed.

Tell me, what would you think if such an outfit was considered the norm and highly respectable by the standards of that particular society?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Generator said:

Why is that so, though?
because then what are you focusing on?
if a girl's wearing a revealing top a guy isn't going to think 'my that girl has some intellect in her head, i really admire her opinions and viewpoints on important matters.' are they?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
jennylim said:
LOL that's the point of this whole thread...discussing how guys react to it etc....

aaand that whole thing about what muslims really do think about this random sheikh
what i think about this random sheik
hes not a sheik

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Generator said:
Why is it that a mini skirt is less respectful than any other form of clothing? It's a social construction, that's why. This isn't an issue of clothing, it's an issue concerning attitudes. Maybe in time you will all take note of that.
i dont knwo YOU tell me why its less respetful
i said you should be able to wear what u wnat and still be respected
but its not my fault thats not the way it works
if people had different views and attitudes

then it wud be anotehr story

Generator

HSC
N/A
tangerinespeedo said:
because then what are you focusing on?
if a girl's wearing a revealing top a guy isn't going to think 'my that girl has some intellect in her head, i really admire her opinions and viewpoints on important matters.' are they?
Why would that be the case?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
he tried to clear himself on the news today..i think the guys has the fundamentals right..his interpretation on the matter is all wrong he doesnt make a good point or make it effectively.

by fundamentals i mean:
women are precious and should be respected

by interpretation i mean:
women who wear revealing clothes are the only ones to blame if they are raped...which is wrong wrong wrong

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Why would that be the case?
because men like to check girls out...don't deny it..it's only nature

men will, more often than not, focus on what is there if it be boobs, leg whatever.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well..im very much over this topic
i think we all understand
just coz some random "sheik"..whos not even a sheik
gets up and says these things..doesnt necessary make it true

juts like a christian preacher who gets up and talks about a topic which is totally misleading and against christianity..
we should understand its not christianity..but just the guys opinion more or less

so rape is a no no in islam
you should dress respectably in islam
but dressing like a slut for example is no excuse to go and rape someone or harass them

tempco

HSC
Generator said:
To tell the truth, I would take just as much note of a woman in a sweater and jeans as a woman in a mini-skirt and a revealing top if they happen to be beautfiul. Why? Well, because that is the way that my thoughts on the matter have been constructed.
in all honesty, i admire your thought process.

Generator said:
Tell me, what would you think if such an outfit was considered the norm and highly respectable by the standards of that particular society?
i would be extremely disturbed at the society itself.

jebbie

HSC
nekkid said:
i was looking for a male reaction :p
I know, but I was being cheeky.

Seriously though most guys go 'short skirt = easy = sex = what they think about half the time anyways' Its true.

And yes I love stereotypes. Also true :D

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
soha said:
well..im very much over this topic
i think we all understand
just coz some random "sheik"..whos not even a sheik
gets up and says these things..doesnt necessary make it true

juts like a christian preacher who gets up and talks about a topic which is totally misleading and against christianity..
we should understand its not christianity..but just the guys opinion more or less

so rape is a no no in islam
you should dress respectably in islam
but dressing like a slut for example is no excuse to go and rape someone or harass them
thank you, i do believe we're moving in circles here. the point has been made a billion times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)