• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
what i recall hearing was that it was about 50/50 in Lebanon between Lebanese and Syrians being arrested...though the high Syrian numbers does make a lot of sense

Simpson Freak

HSC
garbagedump said:
"Wrong, you are a little confused.

You replied to a quote of mine, but i was refering to myself not to soha, you talked about jews and stuff, which is odd since my personal refernece was not about faith and differences but race and differences. you thought that my quote was refering to soha but it wasnt, it was about me.
"

Again this is the SAME THING THAT happened with him saying that i didnt quote him. see above
lol NTB IS SOOO LOST

No you don't get it, he isnt LOST in its traditional sense, he basically would disagree with us even if what we say is completely true.

He has erred in his recent non-sensical responses, and he will basically take us through a cycle of denial, manipulation and BS, until the original posts are so far behind that he will simple ask us to quote him, ofcourse the quotes are lost in the many pages and very few will bother to give a damn.

and if we ask him to prove what he said, he will simply say he doesnt want to waste his time looking for the proof (which doesnt exist for him).

NTB does this on every thread and has earned himself such a reputation of a manipulative ass.

Clearly he has made ATLEAST two illogical posts just recently, and he fiercely defends it even though its utter crap.
Hows that journalism career working out?

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Your sentence syntax, the style of your posts, and your sometimes hard to follow logic makes it a little hard for me to keep up :eek:
So you admit that he was RIGHT and that YOU were WRONG.

cool we have progress, theres still the little issue of blaming the syntax structure and the logic that is beyond your comprehension.

I'll get the nurse to double your medication.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
People might start paying attention when you learn spelling, grammar and syntax. That's why people listen to Not-Too-Bright and ignore other people's responses. That and you're pro-terrorist.

davin

HSC
N/A
yeah.....you can't use poor grammar and spelling and not make your posts clear with things like the quote function and then complain that people aren't fully reading your posts and seeing what you're trying to say. one has to at least try to make your posts readible.

Zayd

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
That's what it's about, most muslims seem to be taught to hate jews for whatever reason probably stemming from the apparent persecution of arab muslims by the jewish state of isreal. I don't mean that you know... their parents tell them that jews are evil directly or whatever, just that they highlight the problems faced by muslims because of jews. This i've seen in malaysia, indonesia, pakistan and the arab states (I don't know about africa).

So many people involved in this topic have made soo many assumptions regarding muslims hating jews and so on. May i quote a story of the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) which should be considered an example to humanity.
Prophet Muhammad's next door neighbour was a Jewish woman. When ever she would see the prophet leave or enter his house she would throw her rubbish on his head. This became a daily routine, but never did the prophet say anything to her. He just use to clean himself and continue wht he was doing.
One day the prophet left his home, and noticed no rubbish was thrown at him. He was first suprise and then eagerly wanted to know what happened to the jewish lady. So he ran to her house, and he found out she was ill by one of the men standing outside. He went to her room and asked for her health. And prayed for her well being. Straight away she became Muslim.
The point of this story was to indicate to you people, how Muslims should and are meant to treat others. I agree that muslims are not the best of role models and that is only because they are not practising their religion the way it is supposed to.
Islam teaches peace, not bloodshed. And going back to the time of the ottomon empire when Muslims ruled the world, it was accounted as the only period where Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived with peace and harmoney. Most of all, with respect.

Last edited:

davin

HSC
N/A
um, muslims didn't "rule the world", though it was a major player for a while. rule the world implies far more dominance than it had.

and what time frame are you counting as being the lifespan of the ottoman empire?

eitehr way, its an interesting argument, then, to know that the number of muslims, then, is far from the 1.3 billion its claimed to be, based on those standards

Simpson Freak

HSC
transcendent said:
People might start paying attention when you learn spelling, grammar and syntax. That's why people listen to Not-Too-Bright and ignore other people's responses. That and you're pro-terrorist.
Well this is in response to Davin's similar post, but i was only being sarcastic, there was no error in syntax or logic, but NTB thinks he can be absolved from posting utter senseless and illogical crap by blaming garbagedumps syntax which has nothing lacking in terms of net speech. yes, maybe he forgot a semicolon; who cares?

and about being pro-terrorist? I AM NOT PRO TERRORIST, i have even gone as far as to say that they are not muslims, which is technically debatable since its a complex issue, but by no way do i support them.

Why don't you quote me where i was pro-terrorist, your post is wrong, what more can i say....i know....

YOU HAVE JUST POSTED AN INCORRECT RESPONSE.

hmmm how else can i say so that you understand.??????????

Zayd

HSC
davin said:
um, muslims didn't "rule the world", though it was a major player for a while. rule the world implies far more dominance than it had.

and what time frame are you counting as being the lifespan of the ottoman empire?

eitehr way, its an interesting argument, then, to know that the number of muslims, then, is far from the 1.3 billion its claimed to be, based on those standards
you just cant accept the fact that the only period where the 3 major religions in the world lived in peace and harmony, was when Islam dominated the world. No other super power was able to bring peace between these religions. There was always conflict, and there still is.
I don't need to go in further details because that would be going well beyond the topic.
History speaks for itself.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Zayd said:
you just cant accept the fact that the only period where the 3 major religions in the world lived in peace and harmony, was when Islam dominated the world. No other super power was able to bring peace between these religions. There was always conflict, and there still is.
I don't need to go in further details because that would be going well beyond the topic.
I say to you don't waste your time, as you can see, you made a good valid post describing how muslims are supposed to live, and all Davin paid attention to was the part that was not correct literally, okay by "ruled the world" we mean that in its height, which was a vast part of the known world.

I have been saying what you have said for a long time, but its true they can not accept that of the 3 abrahamic faiths, only Islam would not butcher the other being different. Only recently have you got a bunch of morons killing christrians and jews for being different and they cast a bad shadow on all of us.

And now because of these recent events, manipulative asses like NTB try to make it seem like ever since the 7th century such notions of hatred have been "indoctrinated" in children. Which is utter rubbish, and only his pathetic attempt to cause problems,

you still aint doing much for the jewish reputation, NTB, i pray none of them are like you, that would be most tragic if they were.

But then again maybe your parents brought you up to believe; "indoctrinated," if you will, to think muslims hate jews. and probably always use the holocaust as an excuse to be deceitful to others. which is why you think children are taught that their religion makes them mistrust people of other races and faiths.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So many people involved in this topic have made soo many assumptions regarding muslims hating jews and so on. May i quote a story of the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) which should be considered an example to humanity.
Prophet Muhammad's next door neighbour was a Jewish woman. When ever she would see the prophet leave or enter his house she would throw her rubbish on his head. This became a daily routine, but never did the prophet say anything to her. He just use to clean himself and continue wht he was doing.
One day the prophet left his home, and noticed no rubbish was thrown at him. He was first suprise and then eagerly wanted to know what happened to the jewish lady. So he ran to her house, and he found out she was ill by one of the men standing outside. He went to her room and asked for her health. And prayed for her well being. Straight away she became Muslim.
The point of this story was to indicate to you people, how Muslims should and are meant to treat others. I agree that muslims are not the best of role models and that is only because they are not practising their religion the way it is supposed to.
Islam teaches peace, not bloodshed. And going back to the time of the ottomon empire when Muslims ruled the world, it was accounted as the only period where Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived with peace and harmoney. Most of all, with respect.
I've already addressed this, but you may of missed it. It does not matter that islam teaches respect for jewish people, the only way we can measure 'contemporary islam's' feelings towards jews is through the words and actions of its followers.

What? When was it that there was total peace accross the world? When was Islam the most popular religion?

oh wait I missed this part

I see.

And now because of these recent events, manipulative asses like NTB try to make it seem like ever since the 7th century such notions of hatred have been "indoctrinated" in children. Which is utter rubbish, and only his pathetic attempt to cause problems,
When did I ever talk about the 7th century? I'm talking about contemporary islam and I said that it was due to the apparent abuse by jewish people towards arab-muslims.

Zayd

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I've already addressed this, but you may of missed it. It does not matter that islam teaches respect for jewish people, the only way we can measure 'contemporary islam's' feelings towards jews is through the words and actions of its followers.

What? When was it that there was total peace accross the world? When was Islam the most popular religion?

oh wait I missed this part

I see.

When did I ever talk about the 7th century? I'm talking about contemporary islam and I said that it was due to the apparent abuse by jewish people towards arab-muslims.
Please don't express muslims as the only people hating jews. "Many Jews" hate muslims as much as many Muslims hate jews. One day on the train i saw a person infront of me who looked like a devoted Jew, reading a book titled "the enemy", which was basically advising and provoking jews to destruct muslims, etc.

When you say "when was Islam the ruler" etc, it shows that you can't accept fact.
There are many books you will find in a "library" or in an Islamic bookstore (maybe you won't go into one because you cant accept muslims treating you with respect, as you seem to have one-sided views on the whole faith). Books that recall history, and explain how Islam became the ruler, and what were the results.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Please don't express muslims as the only people hating jews.
I'm sorry if I did, alot of groups of people hate alot of other groups of people...

There are many books you will find in a "library" or in an Islamic bookstore (maybe you won't go into one because you cant accept muslims treating you with respect, as you seem to have one-sided views on the whole faith). Books that recall history, and explain how Islam became the ruler, and what were the results.
Do any secular historians support these claims?

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
This is just a thread,
At first i was starting to really understand your posts, but then you come out and say this bull about pro-terrorists about garbagedump. Even people i argue with, would say this is plain stupid and ignorant. People understand your posts, but KNOW they are plain stupid. Refrain from posting.
Your sentence syntax, the style of your posts, and your sometimes hard to follow logic makes it a little hard for me to keep up "
It seems that your understanding falters when you are proven wrong. :) Besides unlike people, (like you) garbagedump may not be able to always edit his posts.

No you don't get it, he isnt LOST in its traditional sense, he basically would disagree with us even if what we say is completely true.

He has erred in his recent non-sensical responses, and he will basically take us through a cycle of denial, manipulation and BS, until the original posts are so far behind that he will simple ask us to quote him, ofcourse the quotes are lost in the many pages and very few will bother to give a damn.

and if we ask him to prove what he said, he will simply say he doesnt want to waste his time looking for the proof (which doesnt exist for him).

NTB does this on every thread and has earned himself such a reputation of a manipulative ass.

Clearly he has made ATLEAST two illogical posts just recently, and he fiercely defends it even though its utter crap.
Hows that journalism career working out?
VERY well said. To sum it up, he is either an ignorant or really stupid person.

YOU HAVE JUST POSTED AN INCORRECT RESPONSE
Yeah, it seems that people posting incorrect responses are supporting NTB...must be some kind of groupie :)

I've already addressed this, but you may of missed it. It does not matter that islam teaches respect for jewish people, the only way we can measure 'contemporary islam's' feelings towards jews is through the words and actions of its followers.[/qoute] There you go again...i addressed this blah blah blah....Ironically you say islam teaches respect for jewish people, yet in your previous posts, you disdain the muslim religion.

Quote:

I see.
At least he doesn't say, look in my previous posts like you NTB :).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It seems that your understanding falters when you are proven wrong. Besides unlike people, (like you) garbagedump may not be able to always edit his posts.
VERY well said. To sum it up, he is either an ignorant or really stupid person.
Yeah, it seems that people posting incorrect responses are supporting NTB...must be some kind of groupie
Do you enjoy this argumentative masturbation? You can say 'I've won the argument!' as many times as you want - I'm not insterested in it.

There you go again...i addressed this blah blah blah....Ironically you say islam teaches respect for jewish people, yet in your previous posts, you disdain the muslim religion.
Um I explained why I think muslims dislike jews despite the teachings.

At least he doesn't say, look in my previous posts like you NTB .
Yea I'm a really mysterious guy that leaves everyone guessing... I don't post huge long posts to try to make sure everyone understands what I'm going on about at all.

funnybunny

HSC
an say 'I've won the argument!' as many times as you want - I'm not insterested in it.
Actually i never said i've won the argument, it's pretty obvious no one can win this arument since it has been going for almost 46 pages and there's people like you who always seem to rebutt inchorently or not. i'm just saying you are really dodgy in you posting, claiming to not understand posts,accidently typing the wrong thing, look at my previous postsetc.

Quote:
There you go again...i addressed this blah blah blah....Ironically you say islam teaches respect for jewish people, yet in your previous posts, you disdain the muslim religion.

Um I explained why I think muslims dislike jews despite the teachings.
See you did not really rebutt did you...you completly restated what you said eariler on. I did not ask why mulisms dislike jews depite the teachings. Let me clear this up:
You claimed that "It does not matter that islam teaches respect for jewish people... ", meaning that the muslim religion in fact has idealistic principles, however what i put to you, is why do you then condone the disdaining of the muslim religion and even participate in it?

Yea I'm a really mysterious guy that leaves everyone guessing... I don't post huge long posts to try to make sure everyone understands what I'm going on about at all.
Are you being sacarstic, talking about youself, talking about someone else? Please clear this up, because i don't really understand your reply. :)

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Actually i never said i've won the argument, it's pretty obvious no one can win this arument since it has been going for almost 46 pages and there's people like you who always seem to rebutt inchorently or not. i'm just saying you are really dodgy in you posting, claiming to not understand posts,accidently typing the wrong thing, look at my previous postsetc.
You constantly say I've been proven wrong.

why do you then condone the disdaining of the muslim religion and even participate in it?
Because I don't judge the muslim religion by what it appears to say it is, but by measurements I can use to find out what it actually is - which would be done through the followers.

funnybunny

HSC
Quote:

You constantly say I've been proven wrong.
Actually no, I say it when it's appropriate.

Quote:
why do you then condone the disdaining of the muslim religion and even participate in it?

Because I don't judge the muslim religion by what it appears to say it is, but by measurements I can use to find out what it actually is - which would be done through the followers.
Well obvoiusly. You judge any religion thorugh the MAJORITY of followers. HOwever the muslim religion portrays a idealistic image, so why condem it, instead of the minority of followers who actually totally disregard it through their violent actions.

funnybunny

HSC
"Because I don't judge the muslim religion by what it appears to say it is, but by measurements I can use to find out what it actually is - which would be done through the followers."

lol...yea..by stuff u read on the net..written by idiots like you?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Actually no, I say it when it's appropriate.
Whatever you think it's appropriate but what it ammounts to is just you saying 'you're wrong! :('

Well obvoiusly. You judge any religion thorugh the MAJORITY of followers. HOwever the muslim religion portrays a idealistic image, so why condem it, instead of the minority of followers who actually totally disregard it through their violent actions.
I'm condemning the majority muslim opinion, reguardless of whatever idealism I could pull out of their religion.

lol...yea..by stuff u read on the net..written by idiots like you?
lolz idiot! kekekek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)