• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
And that's the problem. Everything an Arab does is automatically labelled as something a Muslim would do. It's convenient to think that way... and besides, prejudice is part and parcel of being human.
It's a realistic way to think, the vast majority of arabs are muslims of some kind or another... and their actions create their faith (the only way we can measure a faith in any way is through the people whom follow that faith)..

Last edited:

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
I believe Not-that-bright should shut up and stop posting. It seems that you are always trying to reply to posts, even though they are absolutely correct. e.g

Originally Posted by tempco
Nope. The primary source would be her Arab upbringing, not religion.

PRIMARY SOURCE NTB NOT THE ONLY SOURCE

Then you atttempt to rely
"Ok it might be her arab upbringing that leads her to dislike jews then - I would argue that it also has to do with her faith but being 'muslim' permeates being 'arab' so much so that I wouldn't know where to begin to separate the two."

Why do you always try to manuipulate what you said before or something similar to post a reply. As everyone in this thread knows, it is obvious that whenver yo lose an argument, you attempt to twist the argument.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a realistic way to think, the vast majority of arabs are muslims of some kind or another... and their actions create their faith (the only way we can measure a faith in any way is through the people whom follow that faith)..
you remember the burning and all that crap done in lebanon a while ago? well, a guy that came from lebanon last week told me that it was done by syrians and palestinians, and not lebbos, as you would be inclined to believe.

the most realistic way is seldom the most correct.

tempco

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a realistic way to think, the vast majority of arabs are muslims of some kind or another.
But Arabs only represent roughly 18% of the Muslim population. Yet, people associate, for example, the aggressive nature of Arabs with the Muslim faith. Indonesians make up a much larger percentage of Muslims, but why aren't their more passive tendencies associated with Muslims? I mean, 90% of Indonesians are Muslims... It would make a hell of a lot more sense.

banco55

HSC
Yes because there aren't heaps of anti-semitic non-arab muslims. I seem to remember the former malaysian prime minister saying some really nasty things about jews. Not to mention the crap that comes out of pakistan. But you're right I'm sure their religion has nothing to do with it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I believe Not-that-bright should shut up and stop posting. It seems that you are always trying to reply to posts, even though they are absolutely correct. e.g
I reply to posts I disagree with, it has nothing to do with my personal feelings. I have admitted I'm wrong before on these forums many times... I don't care, I really do believe my arguments and I don't see anything amazing comming from people such as yourself to retort them.

PRIMARY SOURCE NTB NOT THE ONLY SOURCE
It doesn't matter that he said it's only the primary source, because being arab is permeated by islam - my point stands.

Why do you always try to manuipulate what you said before or something similar to post a reply.
I didn't, what I was saying was not affected by the fact that he said it was only the primary source.

As everyone in this thread knows, it is obvious that whenver yo lose an argument, you attempt to twist the argument.
I don't think everyone does know that... if they do they can show me and everyone else how I did.

But Arabs only represent roughly 18% of the Muslim population. Yet, people associate, for example, the aggressive nature of Arabs with the Muslim faith. Indonesians make up a much larger percentage of Muslims, but why aren't their more passive tendencies associated with Muslims? I mean, 90% of Indonesians are Muslims... It would make a hell of a lot more sense.
So the indonesian muslims have no problem with jews? What are you on about.

you remember the burning and all that crap done in lebanon a while ago? well, a guy that came from lebanon last week told me that it was done by syrians and palestinians, and not lebbos, as you would be inclined to believe.

the most realistic way is seldom the most correct.
Yes the US actually believed they had evidence that syrians had gone into lebanon and started all that crap... However there's actually evidence for that. I'm working with the evidence I have to find the most realistic way, if you show me new evidence it might change what I think is realistic.

Last edited:

Zayd

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Sorry to say......but ur method of of measuring faith is quite unrealistic as per today's society. The majority of people in today's society are....let's say....not religous. So to my understanding, judging Islam, Christianity or Judaism, by the followers would not give me a great understanding of the religion. You have to judge according to what the religion is about, not by those who call themselves muslims, christians, or jews. Stop judging cars by its looks.
can't stop saying that ;)

Simpson Freak

HSC
"Why do you always try to manuipulate what you said before or something similar to post a reply. As everyone in this thread knows, it is obvious that whenver yo lose an argument, you attempt to twist the argument."

WELL SAID

Ever since i first seen this jerk post i could tell he is just spreading manipulative BS, where the ignorant may believe him, but the majority of posters on this thread are not, so he should find a band of people that are less intelligent than him (probably will be a long search) and then he should spread his manipulative drivel to them, because we can see through such pathetic attempts to twist valid and entirely correct arguments.

"The parents (i've been led to believe) are very influencial at this age... if her parents had been teaching all along that jews aren't evil people, just perhaps that some have done wrong things in the past then she wouldn't have such shit ideas when she's a kid"

firstly when you said that, you were replying to a reference to myself not soha, so clearly your point that its all a faith thing is incorrect. when i met someone from this country that invaded my country, it wasnt my faith that made me think he was someone that would try to kill me.

omg...why should there be a secondly...

its obvious to any level headed person that your full of crap, you are manipulating everything in a pathetic attempt to pass it off as profound and wise, when its just smart bullshit.....YOU SHOULD BE A JOURNALIST.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Sorry to say......but ur method of of measuring faith is quite unrealistic as per today's society. The majority of people in today's society are....let's say....not religous.
I'm sorry to say - but you can't prove that they've got it wrong, only god can ;)

You have to judge according to what the religion is about
Impossible - see above.

Stop judging cars by its looks.
can't stop saying that
I judge a car by what I can see of it, what I can measure of it - not what someone tells me it is.

WELL SAID

Ever since i first seen this jerk post i could tell he is just spreading manipulative BS, where the ignorant may believe him, but the majority of posters on this thread are not, so he should find a band of people that are less intelligent than him (probably will be a long search) and then he should spread his manipulative drivel to them, because we can see through such pathetic attempts to twist valid and entirely correct arguments.
The majority of the posters on this thread... let me see 'funnybunny, zayd, simpson freak, veterantatooedguy, and garbagedump' - i'll let others judge what their opinions about me might mean.

firstly when you said that, you were replying to a reference to myself not soha, so clearly your point that its all a faith thing is incorrect. when i met someone from this country that invaded my country, it wasnt my faith that made me think he was someone that would try to kill me.
I was replying to you talking about soha... thus i used the word 'her'. Here you're trying to manipulate it to seem that I was talking about you, people can go through and read what I wrote for themselves, it will be self-evident... don't bother trying.

its obvious to any level headed person that your full of crap, you are manipulating everything in a pathetic attempt to pass it off as profound and wise, when its just smart bullshit.....YOU SHOULD BE A JOURNALIST.
:)

Last edited:

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"It doesn't matter that he said it's only the primary source, because being arab is permeated by islam - my point stands." I have only claimed that you assumed that he said it was the only source, yet you bring about this rubbish abour being arab...It seems that you disagree with the statement then add something totally irrelevant.

You admit you were wrong..what about :
"you remember the burning and all that crap done in lebanon a while ago? well, a guy that came from lebanon last week told me that it was done by syrians and palestinians, and not lebbos, as you would be inclined to believe."

Actually many pl have said you are wrong.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have only claimed that you assumed that he said it was the only source, yet you bring about this rubbish abour being arab...It seems that you disagree with the statement then add something totally irrelevant.
Yea I was disproving your claim. You said that I had ignored that he said it's the only primary source, I pointed out that what I said isn't in anyway affected by that.

"you remember the burning and all that crap done in lebanon a while ago? well, a guy that came from lebanon last week told me that it was done by syrians and palestinians, and not lebbos, as you would be inclined to believe."

The person you quoted was not me ;)

NTB, its Veterandoggy for your information
I'm sorry.

Generator

HSC
N/A
People of the forum, it would be great if you could use the quotation tags (ie, [ quote ] and [ /quote ]) as opposed to quotation marks.

tempco

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So the indonesian muslims have no problem with jews? What are you on about.
Oh come on... blanket statements are always a waste of time.

If this is about whether or not a Muslim child is "indoctrinated" into hating Jews, I have nothing else to say. The actions of certain Jews in Israel/Palestine doesn't mean all Jews are evil, baby-killing monsters. Similarly, 9/11 doesn't mean all Muslims are suicidal terrorists.

However, I also judge a car by what I can see of it... not what someone tells me it is.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If this is about whether or not a Muslim child is "indoctrinated" into hating Jews, I have nothing else to say.
That's what it's about, most muslims seem to be taught to hate jews for whatever reason probably stemming from the apparent persecution of arab muslims by the jewish state of isreal. I don't mean that you know... their parents tell them that jews are evil directly or whatever, just that they highlight the problems faced by muslims because of jews. This i've seen in malaysia, indonesia, pakistan and the arab states (I don't know about africa).

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"
Quote:
WELL SAID

The majority of the posters on this thread... let me see 'funnybunny, zayd, simpson freak, veterantatooedguy, and garbagedump' - i'll let others judge what their opinions abou"

SEE ONCE AGIAN NTB is trying to twiist things. Simpsons' post was towards you...besides yuour post is inchoeren

The person you quoted was not me
oF COURSE IT WASNT QUOTED BY YOU.. IT WAS QUOTED BY VETERANDOGGY...VETERADOGGY IS SAYING SOMETHING concerining TO YOU

"Yea I was disproving your claim. You said that I had ignored that he said it's the only primary source, I pointed out that what I said isn't in anyway affected by that." how can it not be affected when it is based on it...see ur twisitin again...he didnt say it's the only primaruy source,...YOU ASSUMED IT

Simpson Freak

HSC
not that bright said:
"I was replying to you talking about soha... thus i used the word 'her'. Here you're trying to manipulate it to seem that I was talking about you, people can go through and read what I wrote for themselves, it will be self-evident... don't bother trying."
Wrong, you are a little confused.

You replied to a quote of mine, but i was refering to myself not to soha, you talked about jews and stuff, which is odd since my personal refernece was not about faith and differences but race and differences. you thought that my quote was refering to soha but it wasnt, it was about me.

I AM AWARE THAT YOUR IGNORANCE MADE YOU THINK YOU WERE REPLYING TO MY REMARKS ON SOHA, but my quote was about me, and thats all i want to point out,

so stop trying to make me seem like the manipulative one, everyone knows its u,

NB: the pronoun "everyone" is a term used loosely.

my pc is lagging cos i am d/l 2 star wars movies, so i cant be bothered waiting for it to load the past pages.

but i was making an allusion to how i ,, a child,, would judge others based on hearing that ppl of the same race have slaughtered many.

and u replied thinking it was about soha, missing the point, the point being that it is "differences" that cause people to not trust others, its not FAITH.

and yet you are trying to make it seem that it was somewhere in her faith the soha didnt think she could be friends with jews, even though mohammad was very friendly with jews.

and now that you are so confused, you are just trying to make it seem that i must of twisted something to make you confused.

Go on you can say it, you were WRONG!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
SEE ONCE AGIAN NTB is trying to twiist things. Simpsons' post was towards you...besides yuour post is inchoeren
I know it was towards me, I was reflecting on it.... What else am i supposed to say to it? No? You're Wrong?

oF COURSE IT WASNT QUOTED BY YOU.. IT WAS QUOTED BY VETERANDOGGY...VETERADOGGY IS SAYING SOMETHING concerining TO YOU
He quoted what some guy said then said 'actually many people have said you're wrong' .... So I have no idea how that could be towards me.

ow can it not be affected when it is based on it...see ur twisitin again...he didnt say it's the only primaruy source,...YOU ASSUMED IT
oh I wrote my wording wrong there... I meant to say 'it's only the primary source'.

As for how can it not be affected, I was making a point about what affects what being an arab is because he said 'no it's arab upbringing'.

ou replied to a quote of mine, but i was refering to myself not to soha, you talked about jews and stuff, which is odd since my personal refernece was not about faith and differences but race and differences. you thought that my quote was refering to soha but it wasnt, it was about me.
I was aware that you were using your own personal example, but that was being used to talk about soha's situation was it not? So I was relating what you said to soha - if it doesn't apply to soha then why even use that example?

so stop trying to make me seem like the manipulative one, everyone knows its u,
I'm a manipulative jew.

but i was making an allusion to how i ,, a child,, would judge others based on hearing that ppl of the same race have slaughtered many.

and u replied thinking it was about soha, missing the point, the point being that it is "differences" that cause people to not trust others, its not FAITH.
Yea ok but we were talking about soha, so I was trying to make what you said actually apply to soha and not you in your own example.

and yet you are trying to make it seem that it was somewhere in her faith the soha didnt think she could be friends with jews, even though mohammad was very friendly with jews.
I don't know what your actual faith would say on it, I think it's impossible to know because it's an interpretative text - so I go by what muslims are like in contemporary society, which I think is much more pertanent to what we're discussing.

and now that you are so confused, you are just trying to make it seem that i must of twisted something to make you confused.
You're a confusing guy.

Go on you can say it, you were WRONG!
I wasn't :/

Last edited:

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"Wrong, you are a little confused.

You replied to a quote of mine, but i was refering to myself not to soha, you talked about jews and stuff, which is odd since my personal refernece was not about faith and differences but race and differences. you thought that my quote was refering to soha but it wasnt, it was about me.
"

Again this is the SAME THING THAT happened with him saying that i didnt quote him. see above
lol NTB IS SOOO LOST

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Again this is the SAME THING THAT happened with him saying that i didnt quote him. see above
lol NTB IS SOOO LOST
Your sentence syntax, the style of your posts, and your sometimes hard to follow logic makes it a little hard for me to keep up :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)