• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Police fail to stop attack on female journalist during anti-cartoons demonstration

Reporters Without Borders said today it was shocked at the failure of Turkish police to prevent an attack on a woman reporter, Aliye Cetinkaya, of the daily paper Sabah (The Morning), during a protest against publication of cartoons of Mohammed in the European press.

A group of 30 men broke away from the demonstration, on 10 February in the city of Konya, and attacked the journalist, accusing her of not having her head covered, of wearing trousers and chewing gum. They threw shoes and stones at her and called her a “slut.”

Police surrounding the demonstration did not help her and she had to be rescued by colleagues.

“The police failure is disgraceful,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “She could have been seriously injured. This incident discredits the police, who could be suspected of allowing it to happen and being on the side of the protesters. The authorities must find out who was responsible for this error.”

Cetinkaya filed a formal complaint on 13 February and the Konya prosecutor’s office began an investigation. The attackers were identified in police photos of the demonstration and are expected to be prosecuted. Four Turkish journalists’ organisations strongly protested against the attack and demanded action from the authorities.

One of the groups in the demonstration, the Islamist “Association for Training, Research and Cooperation of the People” (HEDA-DER) meanwhile filed a complaint against Cetinkaya the same day, accusing her of disturbing the demonstration, an offence that carries a fine or between 18 months and three years imprisonment under a 1983 law on public demonstrations.

The Konya prosecutor’s office is expected to decide in the next few days whether to formally investigate her for this.
http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=16463

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
a lot of people, unlike you not-that-bright, do not spend hours editing posts nor do they think that posting on forums is all what life offers...that is why garbagedump cares little for grammar mistakes

funnybunny

HSC
Quote:
Actually no, I say it when it's appropriate.

Whatever you think it's appropriate but what it ammounts to is just you saying 'you're wrong! '
JUst saying your're wrong...actually i have provided evidence constantly before even saying your wrong.

Quote:
Well obvoiusly. You judge any religion thorugh the MAJORITY of followers. HOwever the muslim religion portrays a idealistic image, so why condem it, instead of the minority of followers who actually totally disregard it through their violent actions.

I'm condemning the majority muslim opinion, reguardless of whatever idealism I could pull out of their religion.
What? Have you actually counted the muslim population then found teh percetage who participate in riots?

funnybunny

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnybunny
lol...yea..by stuff u read on the net..written by idiots like you?

You mean over 1000 different sources reporting on the violence that muslims cause?
1000 different sources, from newspapers that have been thorugh spin doctors, manipulated etc (like the one above) Also where does it say that one of the 30 people THAT CREATED VIOLENCE was an ideal muslim follower, which you seem to make out they are?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
a lot of people, unlike you not-that-bright, do not spend hours editing posts nor do they think that posting on forums is all what life offers...that is why garbagedump cares little for grammar mistakes
I don't spend hours editing posts, however when there's been a gap between my initial post and a latter edit it's because i've re-read it and realised I'd made a mistake. People will be aware of this, I don't try to hide it or anything :/

JUst saying your're wrong...actually i have provided evidence constantly before even saying your wrong.
We're arguing, but you just choose to say I'm wrong and manipulative etc etc...

What? Have you actually counted the muslim population then found teh percetage who participate in riots?
You believe there isn't a huge permeating hatred of jewish people in contemporary islam?

was an ideal muslim follower
Who cares if they're not the perfect muslim! I don't know what the perfect muslim is and neither does anyone else, only your god knows - if he exists.

funnybunny

HSC
You believe there isn't a huge permeating hatred of jewish people in contemporary islam?
Yeah...a huge amount doesn't mean the majority. The race riots, huge numbers of christians particpated in it, however no one discredits that religion.

hmm..you are...what am i expected to say...you are manipulative because of the anaylsis of the followign posts lol

Who cares if they're not the perfect muslim! I don't know what the perfect muslim is and neither does anyone else, only your god knows - if he exists.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yeah...a huge amount doesn't mean the majority. The race riots, huge numbers of christians particpated in it, however no one discredits that religion.
So you don't think there's a majority either? I'm fairly sure the majority of muslims have problems with jews I mean the isreali's have taken their holy land and apparently oppressed their fellow muslims - right?

Well if they are not, then why do you need to discredit that religion if they are not very religious.
Oh i'm not saying they're not very religious... just that I don't know what the 'perfect' muslim is, so I judge the religion based on the beliefs that permeate throughout the followers, mmmkay?

Zayd

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't spend hours editing posts, however when there's been a gap between my initial post and a latter edit it's because i've re-read it and realised I'd made a mistake. People will be aware of this, I don't try to hide it or anything :/

In my previous post i cleary identified to you a perfect muslim. The prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with reference to a story, which you seem to keep avoiding by stating remarks such as "you don't know what a perfect muslim is".
Is it because you didn't read the story properly (or you just dont like the story) or is it because the jewish lady became muslim?

funnybunny

HSC
Oh i'm not saying they're not very religious... just that I don't know what the 'perfect' muslim is, so I judge the religion based on the beliefs that permeate throughout the followers, mmmkay?
Well why don't you judge the chrisitan religion on teh beliefs of the rioters?

So you don't think there's a majority either? I'm fairly sure the majority of muslims have problems with jews I mean the isreali's have taken their holy land and apparently oppressed their fellow muslims - right?
hmmm..fairy sure? I'm not sure either, maybe the majority of muslim have anit-semetic views but these are just ideas, however the majority of muslims have probably not acted out violence agaisnt jews. They just have their own views and opinions about them. Every race or group have particular views and sterotypes of other people.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
In my previous post i cleary identified to you a perfect muslim.
It's impossible to identify the perfect muslim because the texts are interpretative... the only person who knows who the perfect muslim is would be your god - the author ;)

Well why don't you judge the chrisitan religion on teh beliefs of the rioters?
Because it's such a small belief - but if u did read my posts more often I actually am very critical of alot of christian thinking.

I'm not sure either, maybe the majority of muslim have anit-semetic views but these are just ideas, however the majority of muslims have probably not acted out violence agaisnt jews.
True.

They just have their own views and opinions about them. Every race or group have particular views and sterotypes of other people.
True.

This is what I was saying about Soha's situation.

funnybunny

HSC
Quote:
I'm not sure either, maybe the majority of muslim have anit-semetic views but these are just ideas, however the majority of muslims have probably not acted out violence agaisnt jews.

True.
Then why are you condeming the religion when it is their freedom of speech and hthe majority have not broken any laws?

Zayd

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's impossible to identify the perfect muslim because the texts are interpretative... the only person who knows who the perfect muslim is would be your god - the author ;)

you continue making your assumptions. now it's getting funny....because that story is not in the Quran.....its stated in the Hadith (bibliography of the prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h), and man (not God) is the author of those books.

funnybunny

HSC
I dont get what NTB is saying. By what i mean by a perfect muslim, is one who obeys all the principles. There are commandments in the bible etc. and by obeying those you are devout followers.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Wrong dumbass, you do realise that Zionism started as a simple secular movement so there can be a state in israel, its not necessarily a jewish issue, you can be friends with jews and still hate the israeli government.

Just because i am muslim it does not mean i am obliged to feel hate to innocent people born into a country of corrupt and bloodthirsty leaders.

When the president of Iran said that he wanted israel wiped off the map, the iranian jews that were interviewed said that they knew that they were safe, and that they had no problem with the presidents views, infact they didnt even take it seriously.

If these jews are living peacefully in theocracy, why do you think i as a western muslim am born and bred to hate jews.

I just think its freaking right that the palestinians get their land back, why should they be forced to live in tents for the rest of their lives as refugees?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
you continue making your assumptions. now it's getting funny....because that story is not in the Quran.....its stated in the Hadith (bibliography of the prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h), and man (not God) is the author of those books.
Ok but surely the hadith has to be ok with God? Surely you wouldn't do something that God is against! : O So essentially when it comes down to it you don't know what god really wants, so you're just guessing based on what you think he might have said.

I dont get what NTB is saying. By what i mean by a perfect muslim, is one who obeys all the principles. There are commandments in the bible etc. and by obeying those you are devout followers.
I am saying that only your god knows whether a person is a 'pure follower' or not. Because it's impossible for us to know exactly what God meant when he gave us his scripture - right?

Wrong dumbass, you do realise that Zionism started as a simple secular movement so there can be a state in israel, its not necessarily a jewish issue, you can be friends with jews and still hate the israeli government.
Ok first off, please stop calling me a dumbass - http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/76413/forum-rules.html

Now as for your claim that muslims only hate the isreali government, that might be true for some of them but I don't really see that at all. I see a hatred for jewish people in general in this thread, in the stories members of this forum have shared (about his dad claiming every jew he's met has been corrupt) and from reading/seeing contemporary muslims express their views.

Simpson Freak

HSC
While sasha on the one hand posts violence commited by people i do not support, NTB on the other hand claims that i secretly do support them.

when i inform the jerk that its clearly against my religion, he doubts my credibility on the matter calling it "interpretive". what part of "there is no compulsion in religion" don't you understand, you cant force people to support your religion.

its as stupid as torturing out a confession.

anyway can someone tell that retard that we are not talking about the perfect muslim, you dont have to be on the height of piety to believe its wrong to kill people.

while i could be using my time on a different forum educating people with stupid extreme and narrowmindedly stupid view of islam , i have to waste my time with NTB's non-sensical arguments of how every muslim has been taught to hate others otherwise they are not true muslims.

"You believe there isn't a huge permeating hatred of jewish people in contemporary islam?"

None of the muslims i am around feel hatred towards the jews, NONE. I have heard a few (including my parents) seeing them in a certain way because of the manipulative con-artist stereotype they have. but no, I HAVE NOT MET ANY MUSLIM WHO HATES JEWS. i see people on tv, or on sbs documentaries, but their views are narrow and justified, in that if "jews" are the people that stole their land and killed their family, then yes these people do hate "jews"

hahahaha, this reminds me of a simpsons episode where marge said "if by americans you mean loud mouth tv show hosts, then yes i do hate americans" she was later put in jail....lol.

anyway, i do sympathize with how jews have always been the scapegoats of society (before the 20th century it was always by non-muslims).

but ever since the holocaust and now this middle east crap, it seems that jews, like NTB still try to make themselves look like scapegoats.

I DONT HATE YOUR PEOPLE NTB, NO MATTER HOW OFTEN YOU TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THAT.

it reminds me of jerry seinfeld's joke of how his uncle would call people "anti-semite" if they ever disagree with him.

its pathetic that you are trying to score off the poor jewish people that have died in the past, you are trying to compare their situation to yours.

similarly to how al-qaeda make islam look bad, you make the jews look ever more manipulative....although i am sure they are nothing compared to the likes of you.

"For Shame"-Grampa Simpson

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
when i inform the jerk that its clearly against my religion, he doubts my credibility on the matter calling it "interpretive". what part of "there is no compulsion in religion" don't you understand, you cant force people to support your religion.
I'm not talking about you, I am not calling you a terrorist.... I'm not even saying the majority of muslims are terrorists! All I'm saying is that most muslims hate jews for some reason or another and that terrorism is pervading islam in a very dramatic way as people in difficult circumstances use it as an outlet for their anger and hatred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)