Never Gonna Get A Job. HELP! (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
do you even need a resume for maccas? dont they just look at the name and go "ok all the asians and indians IN, white people OUT"

idk p sure they do that at chatswood

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
do you even need a resume for maccas? dont they just look at the name and go "ok all the asians and indians IN, white people OUT"

Wouldn't work everywhere though. My area would be fucked then if they followed that. Huge white majority here.

HSC
N/A
my problem is... theres no jobs around my area :/

i have RSA/RCG, some bar/cash register experience

and still i cannot get a job! fuck even with all the big headedness crap in my resume!

(am now looking at all the rsl clubs in my area online and applying)

far out. need a job badly. just asked my sister to ask her husband if he can get me a job as a waitress at lansvale hotel (apparently theyr very flexible with hiring people)

but apart from that... I NEED A JOB. WAITRESS/BAR/RETAIL!! anything thats not fast food. i managed to get my first job without starting at the bottom e.g. maccas/kfc.

stingy employers!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
seek doesnt always hold the answers that i seek :/

i just checkd seek... only option i have is at collectors hotel. yeah no. i dont want to work there. reason- i have too many. and i have no travel :/
that doesnt make sense

spence

HSC

The stores in my area are basically the opposite of that, mostly all white people, except for on overnights

my problem is... theres no jobs around my area :/

i have RSA/RCG, some bar/cash register experience

and still i cannot get a job! fuck even with all the big headedness crap in my resume!

(am now looking at all the rsl clubs in my area online and applying)

far out. need a job badly. just asked my sister to ask her husband if he can get me a job as a waitress at lansvale hotel (apparently theyr very flexible with hiring people)

but apart from that... I NEED A JOB. WAITRESS/BAR/RETAIL!! anything thats not fast food. i managed to get my first job without starting at the bottom e.g. maccas/kfc.

stingy employers!
I really don't see why people think fast food is so bad. It really isn't

absorber

HSC
Seriously, wtf...its not that hard to find a job, i got a job at Coles at the age of 16 with no previous job history. Practice what your going to say in the interview, or if your not getting that far...improve your resume. Follow up on people, call them, send in a cover letter, send in a email...its not that hard.
The older you are the harder it'd be to get a first time job, because they have to pay you more. Least, that's the way I'd figure. Also I'd guess it's a bad time of year and economic cycle

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
where is that! D: do these places exist anymore, even
About 1.5hrs south of Sydney. It's a semi-rural semi-urban area. There would have been less than 5% non-white students at my high school.

It also remains an extremely conservative liberal, aging population area.

HSC
haha what dumb ass cant get a job at maccas. U could piss on the interviewers face and still get the job...u must have shit skills.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
About 1.5hrs south of Sydney. It's a semi-rural semi-urban area. There would have been less than 5% non-white students at my high school.
Very similar to my area. I live around 1.5 hours south/south-west of the city in a rural/urban area, and it's almost entirely white-populated as well. Very unlike the city.

I think that some city people would be surprised at the 'nonmulticulturalism' (yes, I will invent new words if I want to) of some of the suburbs just a little bit further out of the city. Although there isn't a Maccas within half an hour of my town so I guess my input to the discussion doesn't count a whole deal, but all the places around here employ predominantly Caucasian people - if they didn't they'd just have to shut down lol.

Another thing out here is that barely any jobs (and practically NO part-time/casual jobs) tend to be advertised on seek or other job sites. There also isn't a major shopping centre (like a mall) within around 40 minutes of the town although ten or so thousand people live in the suburb and immediately surrounding suburbs, so I think job-searching can be a lot different depending on location.

Last edited:

dawdlex3

HSC
(I don't want to be opening a new thread, so don't mind me posting here)

I'm a 19yo going on to 20 in half a year, I only have less a month of xmas casual working experience overseas. Would any of you recommend trying Maccas as a first local job? Or am I a bit old for that? Any advice would be great!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
(I don't want to be opening a new thread, so don't mind me posting here)

I'm a 19yo going on to 20 in half a year, I only have less a month of xmas casual working experience overseas. Would any of you recommend trying Maccas as a first local job? Or am I a bit old for that? Any advice would be great!
You can try, you never know they may be really desperate but in my experience you are a bit too old. A lot of pubs/hotels in my area are looking for staff atm, i dunno about elsewhere but perhaps look at getting your RSA and applying for bar type jobs. Another good one is to get austswim qualified and teach swimming lessons, i swear they are always hiring.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
'nonmulticulturalism' (yes, I will invent new words if I want to
Monoculturalism, maybe? :)

You're area seems even moreso than mine in terms of urban development. We had a Macca's put in about 15 years ago. The market place/mall is newer though, maybe 5 years old now.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Maccas would be fine, if they're hiring adult workers at the time. Otherwise, like may-cat said, get your RSA. It will open up avenues to work in restaurants. If you get your RCG, you can work in bigger clubs and pubs as well.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
hi guys, i'm applying at woolies online now and theres this question:

When performing repetitive tasks it is easy to become bored and overlook important details. Please outline in 100 words or less, what would you do in this situation to ensure the job gets done properly?

how do i answer that lol?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)