New Honda Civic (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Also depends on if the Astra is stock or not..

But I passed a new one the other day.. and as my window was next to the engine.. I thought- man, that's an ugly sounding engine.. or maybe something was wrong with it, had this abnormal whirring noise (like reversing on a cold engine).. plus it didn't go anywhere..

But then again, 90kw vs 190kw.. =]

But seriously.. the s-type new is around 10k more than the sportivo.. so for the money, the sportivo ain't bad.. just that it looks hm.. really high off the ground.. ahaha my friend stopped his prelude in front of another friend's sportivo.. I was next to the sportivo and my face was at the toyota badge.. see the height difference.. =.=

Jimai

Jimai
HSC
Personally, i reckon the Civic Sports manual model, 114kw 2.0 i-VTEC is the go......even thought the retail price is like $30000. I reckon shift paddles are useless and not as fun as normal convention manual gearshifting. Plus the 16" alloys really gives it the sporty look. Unlike the lower models eg. VTi and VTi-L which give standard caps or 15" alloys.
The tyre are way too fat on the 15", i think by the look of it its something like 195/65/15R.....and it just looks way too polite on those of tyres.
The other day i enquired about the price of the 16" alloys, coz i wanted bigger alloys on my my 05' Civic Vi, which had standard 15". The price the guy gave me.......and bloody $1600 PER RIM! Thats crazy! Not including tyre fitting. But hell those 16" looked real nice.
But im happy with my hatch thought =). since there not selling hatches of the new generation anymore, i could actually sell my hatch for more than usual =P. same deal applies to those who are selling Integra Type R from 4 years back, who are reselling it for $35000 just coz its been replaced by Type S. The reason why there not selling the hatch models in Aus is that its too expensive to import here.....so basically half of the potential markets for Honda is gone.
But not to worry, soon a production model of the Civic Type R should be coming here! First time ever a Type R model will enter the Australian market. This is soooo exciting. It's a 2.0 i-VTEC 147kw of pure raw naturally aspirated power......(drools)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it official now? I thought it was still speculation.

As for the 2.0 i-VTEC Civic; today I was wishing I had spent an extra $5k to buy it. I can't drive manual but from what I hear, the low-range torque is amazing, and I wouldn't have minded the sunroof, leather and nicer wheels. Oh and the foglights :) Only thing which it suffers is fuel economy isn't as good as the 1.8L.

CieL

HSC
Pfft.. and also you're not even allowed to drive manual

Don't be so greedy geez

CieL

HSC
Well I thought about that.. but had 2nd thoughts about pointing it out..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I probably wouldn't have had the guts to ask my rents for $5 for something so... unimportant; but it's like when you buy a combo meal at the Cinema. For $9.80 you get medium popcorn and medium coke, but for $1 extra, you get a whole lot more. Sure you probably wont' finish all the popcorn and drink, but at least you won't go hungry/thirsty, and you've gotten much better value for money.

HSC
lolol. this isnt about popcorn and coke...were talking large sums of money here :)
and thats what they want you to think..."OOOoohh..for 5k more, i can get a better model!!..thats friggin good value right there!"

...and its called strategic pricing.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
seremify007 said:
Is it official now? I thought it was still speculation.

As for the 2.0 i-VTEC Civic; today I was wishing I had spent an extra $5k to buy it. I can't drive manual but from what I hear, the low-range torque is amazing, and I wouldn't have minded the sunroof, leather and nicer wheels. Oh and the foglights :) Only thing which it suffers is fuel economy isn't as good as the 1.8L.
There is an auto for the Civic Sport isn't there..?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I probably should've phrased my post better-

I meant I can't drive the Manual Sport model- the one which is under $30k. The automatic model has steering wheel shift paddles.

Mushy18

HSC
Yesterday i bought the 2006 auto Civic VTi Sedan for 26k driveaway, extras incl. and i thought i had a pretty good deal. But today i talked to my friend about it and he told me i got rorted and that i could've shaved a fair few hundred bucks (even up to 1k) off the price.
so what do you fellow bosers think? did i get rorted? :worried:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mushy18 said:
Yesterday i bought the 2006 auto Civic VTi Sedan for 26k driveaway, extras incl. and i thought i had a pretty good deal. But today i talked to my friend about it and he told me i got rorted and that i could've shaved a fair few hundred bucks (even up to 1k) off the price.
so what do you fellow bosers think? did i get rorted? :worried:
How much was the discount off the actual car and what extras did you get? We were offered mud flaps or carpets- or 5 year extended warranty with roadside assist. I doubt the negotiation room is that much considering there's such a long waiting list (I heard June?) and it's still a reasonably new car (less than 1.5mths). You probably could get upto $500 off I'd say- but more than likely, you'd get discounts off the dealer fit accessories (10%-20% off the price for things like spoiler, body kit, bass works, etc..)~ When are you getting the car btw? Congrats on a good choice. I stand by my- this is one of the best automatics I've ever driven. It feels so damn smooth when it changes- always picks me the right gear too... but then this is coming from someone who went from driving a Terios with a outdated 4 speed auto coupled with a 1.3L!

CieL

HSC
Hm.. is it that smooth?
I dont know.. I still think that my euro is a bit jaunty at times.. especially at around 58-59kmh and in 3rd gear.. once you tap the accelerator the car just goes VROOM and leaps to attention..
That's the only thing I dislike slightly... and it happens in my bf's older gen civic too.. you noticed this, jeff?
Just the change between 3rd and 4th tho... but mine has 5 gears (bf has 4 but it also happens)... so i'm not sure when that funny kink kicks in.. if it ever does?

Mushy18

HSC
seremify007 said:
How much was the discount off the actual car and what extras did you get? We were offered mud flaps or carpets- or 5 year extended warranty with roadside assist. I doubt the negotiation room is that much considering there's such a long waiting list (I heard June?) and it's still a reasonably new car (less than 1.5mths). You probably could get upto $500 off I'd say- but more than likely, you'd get discounts off the dealer fit accessories (10%-20% off the price for things like spoiler, body kit, bass works, etc..)~ When are you getting the car btw? Congrats on a good choice. I stand by my- this is one of the best automatics I've ever driven. It feels so damn smooth when it changes- always picks me the right gear too... but then this is coming from someone who went from driving a Terios with a outdated 4 speed auto coupled with a 1.3L!
Hehe thanks mate. We ended up getting a $200 discount only. But the dealer included extras for free like tinted windows, rain guard, carpets, plus a full tank of petrol. Yeah, the waiting list is a few months for a brand new car, but i didnt want to wait that long, so i bought the car on display. Im getting the car tomorrow..yay! cant wait! :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Hm.. is it that smooth?
I dont know.. I still think that my euro is a bit jaunty at times.. especially at around 58-59kmh and in 3rd gear.. once you tap the accelerator the car just goes VROOM and leaps to attention..
That's the only thing I dislike slightly... and it happens in my bf's older gen civic too.. you noticed this, jeff?
Just the change between 3rd and 4th tho... but mine has 5 gears (bf has 4 but it also happens)... so i'm not sure when that funny kink kicks in.. if it ever does?
Hmm I don't really get the kink... but I do notice (after driving it a lot more) that there's very little (if any) power from standstill (<1.5k rpm), but if you put your foot down above 3k, the car really dashes. Don't think that's what you meant Ciel, but it's the only possible irregularity with the transmission (it reminds me a bit of a turbocharger where power kicks in at a certain RPM; and it's very sudden). Usually when I accelerate to overtake/cut in from 55-60 upto 70, it's very smooth and seamless without any kinks. You should try test driving it one day- you're alot more experienced at driving than me and would probably notice such irregularities^^

And Mushy18- my car was also the one on display at Hornsby in the showroom! I wish they had done a better job to clean the interior before delivery. My other mate went to order a new Civic (black VTi) and they said 130 ppl are in front of him and he'd be lucky to get it in May or even June!- and discount? What discount. All that they could bargain was freebies/extras.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wasn't able to drive when the Old Astra/Astra Classic was around. From what I've read on the net, the new Astra shares the same engine/drivetrain as the old one, except with added weight (making an old engine feel even older!). Most people who've sat in it/tried it will agree with Danton and me that it's extremely well built (I will never forget the salesman jumping on the car and kicking it), but in automatic, the drive is horrible. Once it's moving and not in start-stop/surburban driving, it's decent; but for me, most of my driving is in start-stop/surburban driving with roundabouts, traffic, and parked cars... making the Astra a nice-looking but unsuitable car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)