NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
As for Morley, he'd be stupid to try and fight it, 2 weeks is good, but I like what Walker had to say on the matter regarding Stuart (So true as well):

"I wish he would stop whingeing and have a look at it and actually admit what happens and get on with it, because I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing him up there whingeing. It's giving me the shits."
I like what Kimi said, its "being preety damn hypocritical to go complaining about someone whinging when your whinging about someone whinging."

Also:
sydneyroosters.com.au said:
Remorseful Roosters forward Adrian Morley has apologised to Souths half Ben Walker after today accepting an early guilty plea that will see the Test forward miss two weeks of football.

Morley, 28, was yesterday charged by the NRL match review committee with a grade-three careless high tackle on Walker during the 50th minute of the Roosters’ solid first-up victory last Sunday.

Morley said today: “During the tackle with Ben Walker my shoulder accidentally made contact with his head.

“There was no malice in the tackle.

“I’ve actually phoned Ben to apologise and see how he is and he accepted my apology.”

Morley vowed to work overtime on his tackling technique in order to cope with new rules introduced by the NRL in 2006 – that state any contact with the head, regardless of whether an attempted tackle is accidental or not, can be punished by suspension.

“Over the last couple of years I’ve been doing a lot of work on my tackling technique but with the implications of this new rule, it looks like I’m going to have to do some more work,” he said.

Roosters CEO Brian Canavan added: “The application of the new rule states that the shoulder is part of the arm.

“As admitted by our club and by Adrian, Adrian made contact with Ben’s head with his shoulder, so therefore we have to accept that it’s a grade three.

“It’s a new rule and this is the first major test case in 2006.

“I’m sure the NRL will keep a close eye on all similar instances this year.”

Morley will be free to return against Manly in round four.

HSC
Ben Walker had every right to come out and say what he said on the news. He was not having a whinge he was stating the facts.

Like he said he does not care about the tackle, he understands that is the way Morley plays and is fine with it, but its the fact that the roosters f@#ked up coach cant admit that the tackle was wrong instead stating "it was accidental and he slipped into it"

Come on sticky ur the first to criticse when ur team doesnt win but when ur being criticised u come out with every excuse under the sun to defend urself!

If Morley wasn't sent out there for a purpose of going after the main play maker why was he taken off the field straight away following the Walker incident and never brought bak on after?!?!

Also bigest bullshit that Morley gets 2 weeks for that and Walker gets the consequence of being out of the game for a month!!! No justice left in this game!!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
2 weeks is really light for such a hit, but it was expected given the team he plays for. lol the bias in that article "Remorseful Roosters forward"

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Also bigest bullshit that Morley gets 2 weeks for that and Walker gets the consequence of being out of the game for a month!!! No justice left in this game!!
You're not upset that the rabbitohs lost, are you?
/sarcasm

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
You're not upset that the rabbitohs lost, are you?
She supports the Rabbitohs.

Dragons side is already decimated. Players not coming back from injury, and new ones out because of it.

Team lineup has no Barrett, Naiqama (back Round 7/8), Creagh (back Round 3), Head (back Round 5), Timmins (back Round 6).

Dean Young named at five-eighth .. Ndaira making his debut, though, and he's a gun.

There is a chance that Baz will play, though.

Probably the weakest side we've named since Round 26 2003, when we beat the Broncos 26-25 up at Suncorp without 12 regular first-graders. Understandably, in 2004 we had a torrid time with injuries, but our depth was better with regards to First Grade experience. Whilst we have some of the best prospects in the NRL, they all just progressed from Flegg to Reggies this season ..

I hope they just get to the business of naming Brett Morris on the wing instead of Reece Simmonds.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Oh god. Adrian Morley's 2 weeks is such a joke. He has repeatedly been judicirised for 'careless high tackle'. Surely this builds up over time and should give him at least 7 or 8 weeks. Last year (please take into account I hate the Eels the mot and I love the Sharks the most), Fuifui Moimoi put a high hit on Stevo or someone. THAT did not deserve six weeks. Fucking joke. But at least theyre consistent at letting the Rorters off.

megan said:
I hate it how you can't use sarcasm on the internet!!!
Yes you can (I'm being sarcastic)

Hows it goin megan?

I hope youve changed your mind, cos, i'm single, and i'm hoping youre single.....so do you wanna maybe....hook up?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
1. David Simmons
2. Darren Albert
3. Beau Scott
4. Phil Bailey
5. Luke Covell
6. Adam Dykes
7. Brett Kimmorley (c)
8. Ben Ross
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Hutch Maiava
11. Reece Williams
12. Lance Thompson
13. Greg Bird

Subs:
14. Phil Leuluai
15. Luke Douglas
16. Cameron Ciraldo
17. Tevita Latu
18. Luke Harlen
19. Darren Mapp
(two to be omitted)

Vagana, Hilder, Gallen :(

good to see Dykes is still up for it though

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Bookie said:
Oh god. Adrian Morley's 2 weeks is such a joke. He has repeatedly been judicirised for 'careless high tackle'. Surely this builds up over time and should give him at least 7 or 8 weeks. Last year (please take into account I hate the Eels the mot and I love the Sharks the most), Fuifui Moimoi put a high hit on Stevo or someone. THAT did not deserve six weeks. Fucking joke. But at least theyre consistent at letting the Rorters off.
its his 10th suspension since he joined the NRL, most (if not all) of them form tackles, surely it should add up to a higher suspension. the tackle alone, without taking into account previous ones, called for a more than 2 week suspension.

ahh yes the fui fui tackle, 6 weeks for that, pfft...2 weeks for morley, such a joke.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Oh god. Adrian Morley's 2 weeks is such a joke. He has repeatedly been judicirised for 'careless high tackle'.
Something that everyone should note.

Morley attempted a shoulder charge on Walker which, if it were to have worked, would be lauded as an awesome hit.

However, the shoulder charge was definitely INTENTIONAL.

In lieu of this, the charge for a shoulder charge gone wrong should be moved straight to 'reckless high tackle' as opposed to 'careless'. 'Careless high tackle' implies that it was an act which wasn't thought about, and just happened. More of an accident than anything. A 'reckless high tackle' implies a fairly deliberate attempt, which is what a shoulder charge is.

Whilst Morley's tackle certainly shouldn't be graded as an 'Intentional high tackle', I reckon it should have gotten at least Grade 1 or Grade 2 Reckless .. and then he would be looking at 4 - 5 matches on the sidelines, which is what his tackle deserved.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
I think the 3 teams for the grand final will be eels, knights, and cowboys,
wooden spoon to the warriors

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
You again.

Somehow you seem to make yourself sound dumb every time you get on here .. three teams for the Grand Final sounds pretty interesting.

Enlighten me. Personally, I thought it was impossible to have Eels vs Knights vs Cowboys in one match .. or have you thought of some Round Robin concept?

Before you reply, I know what you were actually trying to say, but urgh. You are a n00b.

Did you enjoy supporting New Zealand in the A-League?

Maybe you just have a habit of always supporting teams that come last. Or is it just a complex all teams with the 'Knights' moniker have?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Ur not one of those cockhead who goes on nrl rant braggin about the dragons are you, or are u one of the losers who make up a poor excuse every time they lose, each year

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Ur not one of those cockhead who goes on nrl rant braggin about the dragons are you, or are u one of the losers who make up a poor excuse every time they lose, each year
I have an account at NRL Rant. But I have a total of about 10 posts .. most of them made in the NRL Sim Competition run by Corona_Boy.

If you are referring to losing to the Tigers last week, then my excuse wasn't a poor one. We were the better side, and the ball hit the crossbar from the kickoff, costing us the match. Actually, the hit on Barrett by Gibbs was illegal.

Go here and look

If you are referring to not winning the competition last year, I have no excuse. We played our worst match of the season (ignoring the first four Rounds), and didn't deserve to win it.

What YOU need to do is accept that some people have been writing on this forum for longer than you, so you don't know what samuelblayden's posts are like.

Comical is probably the best description.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
It's not my main priority to exactly flame either of the two.

Just to show them that they are inferior.

That is good enough for now :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
But anyway, the actual reason I came on here:

Saints' $6.5m sell-off

WIN Television Corporation has purchased a quarter-share of the St George Illawarra Dragons in a historic deal worth more than $6million.

The rest of the article .. go to the link.

Farrrrrrrken Steelers.

Perhaps St George DRLFC can buy back that 25% at some point in the future .. giving Dragons 75% and Steelers 25%.

Funny that we sell a quarter for 6.5 million, and Souths are negotiating a takeover bid for 3 million.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/barrett-set-for-super-league-move/2006/03/15/1142098527738.html

Barrett set for Super League move
Greg Prichard and Brad Walter
March 16, 2006

ST GEORGE Illawarra fans should brace themselves for the news they have dreaded after Trent Barrett's manager, Wayne Beavis, last night revealed it was likely the Dragons star would accept an offer to play in England from next year.

"If I were a betting man - and I am - I would have to say it's more likely than not that Trent will go to England," Beavis said.

Beavis said Barrett's future should be finalised before the end of the month but declined to discuss which club he might sign with. The Herald understands the Dragons captain has all but agreed to a three-year deal with Wigan.

Aside from admitting his interest in playing Super League to the Herald while in England last November with Australia's Tri-Nations team, Barrett has until now refused to commit himself to staying or going.

Barrett's deal with St George Illawarra runs until the end of 2008 but there is a clause in it that allows him a release at the end of this year if he wants to join a Super League club.

And now - after what Beavis described as important developments in negotiations over the past week - the manager has given the clearest indication yet that 28-year-old Barrett was keen on moving.

"Things move very slowly in negotiations like this, when you're on opposite sides of the world," Beavis said."But, based on the information that has been sent back and forth over the past week, it's shaping up as if Trent is likely to go.

"Obviously, Trent has to make the decision for himself in the end, but he wouldn't have gone this far if he wasn't seriously interested."

Beavis stressed that Barrett's decision would not be based on money. "Trent is already on very good money at the Dragons," he said. "This is about a change of direction and lifestyle and a new challenge for him.

"If he goes, by the time he gets back to Australia his children will be ready to go to school."

Beavis said he was dealing with three clubs in England but refused to name them.

However, the Herald has been told that Wigan is the club most keenly chasing Barrett and the Test five-eighth's interest is largely motivated by his relationship with Warriors coach Ian Millward and his assistant Andrew Farrar.

Farrar coached Barrett at Illawarra for three seasons, with Millward as his assistant, and was his mentor at the Dragons until being replaced by Nathan Brown three years ago.

Barrett met the pair during the Tri-Nations tournament and is understood to have looked at houses in Lancashire, while he and wife Kylie spent time with Millward when the former Challenge Cup and Super League premiership-winning coach was home in Australia during summer.

Beavis said he had been keeping Dragons chief executive Peter Doust informed of developments in negotiations.

"I've indicated to him where things are at and he seems to have an open mind on things," Beavis said.

Doust said the club's immediate concern was for Barrett's health after he was hospitalised last weekend with a stomach virus that has sidelined him from Sunday's match against Penrith, but he had always considered there was a strong possibility the Test five-eighth would move to Super League.

"To have asked for this clause in his contract three years ago, they have obviously been thinking along these lines for some time and for things to have gone as far as they have now would indicate that they are keen to examine the opportunities in England," Doust said.

Bulldogs prop Roy Asotasi may also be headed to Super League, with his agent, Mark Rowan, yesterday confirming that up to six clubs were interested in the Kiwi international. Rowan yesterday met Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad and said Asotasi's preference was to stay at the club, but he plans to explore the opportunities in England before making a decision.

Representatives of the Rugby League Players' Association and the NRL held their first formal meeting yesterday to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement, with the salary cap expected to be the main issue.
who else can take over? timmins?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I think the Adrian Morley arguing is funny. I personally think that Adrian was unlucky to get 2 weeks. See, had it been Vagana it would of been 0 weeks and he would of been giving a key to the town. Good ol' Vagana. He better do a few head highs this weekend, spark up the good ol' days....

Looking forward to seeing what the sharks can make of the new season. Should be intresting stuff.... But i don't like the line up to much... Phil Bailey in the centres? Boo-urns. I guess Luke Covell will be on his outside and will be lucky to touch the ball once.... I miss Vagana already, I thought they would throw pomeroy in there? Why didnt they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)