NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (2 Viewers)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha the WARRIORS do it again. If only we were in top 8 contention. I have a love hate relationship with my Warriors. We lose the games we have to win and win the games that dont matter.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
copious said:
haha the WARRIORS do it again.
Indeed they do. Awh well, its not all bad for the Storm losing that one. Something was telling me the warriors could very well cause an upset.

At least now Craig Bellamy will cut his fricken hair!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Glenn Morrison, he used to play for the North Queensland Cowboys, i think thats the team, well he lives in Castle Hill but is moving to England or something and is selling his house obviously and i went to see it and i met him and omg his HOT! Thats all. I was pretty excited to go to a footy stars house :)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Hmm...maybe it's just me but Glenn Morrison is really really not hot. Really.

I can't believe how incredibly crap the refing was last night.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Go Manly!
Manly to win the premiership - now how does the knockout stage work again?

like is 1 vs 8
and 2 vs 7
or

in that case it will be currently

Mel vs Can - Mel
Bull vs Stg - Bull
Man vs New - is johns playin? if so - new
Par vs Bris - Par
Mel vs Bull - Mel
Par vs New - Par
Par - Mel?

somthin like that.

HSC
HotShot said:
Manly to win the premiership - now how does the knockout stage work again?

like is 1 vs 8
and 2 vs 7
or

in that case it will be currently

Mel vs Can - Mel
Bull vs Stg - Bull
Man vs New - is johns playin? if so - new
Par vs Bris - Par
Mel vs Bull - Mel
Par vs New - Par
Par - Mel?

somthin like that.
whatever

for your information the knights won 40-4 WITHOUT andrew johns and we have a bye this week...thats coming up...sucker

ps manly isnt going to win...no chance

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Hmm...maybe it's just me but Glenn Morrison is really really not hot. Really.
Yeh i know he doesnt look that hot in pics and on tv, but if you meet him in person he looks hot, trust me :p

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
whatever

for your information the knights won 40-4 WITHOUT andrew johns and we have a bye this week...thats coming up...sucker

ps manly isnt going to win...no chance
I can't remember what happened the last time we met. ;)

And yes Matai did play at the ball.

lengy

HSC
My sister was at that Parramatta Eels game. We were supposed to go to the St George Dragons vs Sydney City Roosters game next week but she can't be bothered. I think it has something to do with the fact that it's at 7:30.

ledzeppelin

HSC
a good display by the warriors yesterday
they're looking good for next season
Cleary's a great coach
webb and guttenbeil will be big losses though
guttenbeil carved the roosters yesterday, offloaded at will
the roosters looked worse than ever
please just leave sticky, you're atrocious

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Does anyone actually believe that Stuart will leave the Rooters? I'm kind of dubious. I wonder what he'll do if he does leave. Disappear into oblivion, hopefully.

The Warriors are such a formidable force when they get their shit together. But then every now and then they'll have an absolutely atrocious game where no one can keep their hands on the ball. I reckon they'll be back in the 8 in '07.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
sideshowtim said:
Nutley is a great singing, him and Myles more than make up for Morley I think. Nutley was in blistering form before he left for England, I hope he contiunes that for us and he will add some much needed experience. Our youngsters played really well against the Panthers on the weekend, Lewis, Soward, Foley and Perrett were all stars -- Hope it's a sign of things to come next year.
You DID NOT JUST SAY that. Noone can replace Morley. NOONE NOONE NOONE !!! ! :(:(:(:(

hahaha Ricky Stuart. What a crack up. Like seriously, his only problem is the fact he always has excuses for every situation and shifts the blame on something else rather than himself and his players. Why cant you just admit youre shit? ANYWAY, if Phil Gould replaces Ricky Stuart, i think i'll reconsider supporting the Roosters. (Not that it will happen, im merely exaggerating. but stillllllllllllllll) That man is a fucking nutjob. BUT, i reckon he'd do a better job than Ricky or Fittler. Either way, Roosters are screwed for next season already. BRING ON 2008.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Stuart loses job as Roosters coach
Monday, August 28, 2006 - 5:53 PM

Australian rugby league coach Ricky Stuart has lost his job as head coach of the Sydney Roosters, the NRL club announced on Monday.

Stuart was under growing pressure to retain his position after the Roosters had won just eight of 23 games so far this season.

Stuart's manager John Fordham met with the Roosters chairman Nick Politis "in an attempt to reach a mutually agreeable solution", a club statement said.

"Considering the circumstances, it was in the best interests of both parties to bring an end to this debate that was causing a lot of damage," Stuart said in the statement.

"In saying that, let me make it clear that this is indeed one of the saddest days in my football career although I feel I can leave the Roosters with my head held high as we - the players, the coaching staff and the club itself - have achieved a high degree of success in the past five years.

"Although the last two years, in particular, have been very difficult for reasons that are fairly well known, there has never been a drop-off in the desire and professionalism of the players and the coaching staff to achieve success.

"The Roosters are in a rebuilding phase with lots of promising but inexperienced young players who are willing to put up their hands up and provide the platform for a more competitive club as they reach player maturity."

Stuart guided the Roosters to three successive grand finals, including a premiership in his first year in charge in 2002.

Politis said: "Ricky has every reason to be proud of the impact he has made at the Roosters on and off the field.

"He has been a credit to the game, the club and his family.

"We wish Ricky well as Australian Coach in the Tri Nations and he will always be welcome at our club."
Source: AAP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)