• I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: "Stolen Generation" Appology- A different view

romancandle said:
I praise the work of Keith Windschuttle, Geoffrey Blainey and more recently Noel Pearson. All have had articles published in the Australian by the topic, and all were very well written. Noel Pearson's was especially interesting because he is one of these children that 'were stolen'. Keith windschuttle is also due to release a book on the topic.
Keith Windshuttle is a joke of a historian. My history teacher was very much against him, he completely discounts any historical evidence thats contrary to his beleifs, such as how he dismissed any sort of verbal history that the indigenous people had, instead favouring clearly biased white reports from the time.

He got utterly destroyed in the great debate and he came out of the history wars looking rather foolish.

You cant compare how DOCS today works, with the barbarism of that era. DOCS works with the parents and if need be, takes them away to protect them until such time as the parents can look after their kids again. Back then, you got taken away from your parents and never seen again because they were black and poor.

testiclepilot

HSC

WAY TO MAKE ANOTHER COMPLETELY POINTLESS THREAD ABOUT THE APOLOGY TOMORROW. I MEAN THE ONES WE HAVE ALREADY AREN'T ABLE TO FUEL INTELLIGENT DEBATE! THANK YOU FOR BEING A SAVING GRACE AND CREATING THIS THREAD

You know what? If you are feeling guilt for what our ancestors did, then you have major issues. I don't care that you are studying history, I don't care that you think you are great.

Mr Integrity

HSC

About time the apology is being made. No surprise its going to take place under the Rudd government. I guess Mr Howard had too much pride and prejudice to admit the faults of the previous governments, and the atrocious implications they had on the Aboriginal people. I mean, honestly is it really that hard to say sorry and sincerely apologize for the governments old inhumane ways. Seriously John go release some pride from that saggy body of yours and open your aged heart, if you still have one. Cold bastard

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Mr Integrity said:
About time the apology is being made. No surprise its going to take place under the Rudd government. I guess Mr Howard had too much pride and prejudice to admit the faults of the previous governments, and the atrocious implications they had on the Aboriginal people. I mean, honestly is it really that hard to say sorry and sincerely apologize for the governments old inhumane ways. Seriously John go release some pride from that saggy body of yours and open your aged heart, if you still have one. Cold bastard
Islam should apologise to all the indigenous middle eastern cultures it overran :D

romancandle

HSC

testiclepilot said:
WAY TO MAKE ANOTHER COMPLETELY POINTLESS THREAD ABOUT THE APOLOGY TOMORROW. I MEAN THE ONES WE HAVE ALREADY AREN'T ABLE TO FUEL INTELLIGENT DEBATE! THANK YOU FOR BEING A SAVING GRACE AND CREATING THIS THREAD

You know what? If you are feeling guilt for what our ancestors did, then you have major issues. I don't care that you are studying history, I don't care that you think you are great.
Okay thanks for that "intelligent" little bit of input. First of all anyone who feels the need to call themselves a testicle pilot does not have the mental grounds to acccuse another of having major issues. You should probably talk to a professional... however f 'piloting testes' is what your interested in, fine... but dont go around displaying it so blatantly. Secondly, I asked for people like you to stay out of this twice. If you dont care, thats fine. I have no problem. Just dont care and stay out.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

russs said:
I immigrated to Australia in 1998 from Russia, and as part of my history by grandparents suffered during World War II from Nazi Germany invasion. I am not asking for a compensasion for the past.

After my personal experiences of racism from Aboriginals and so on ... I do not think Aboriginals deserve any apology or any additional compensasion. Why? White man has given aboriginals much more than they could have ever achieved. I do not see why we are apologising after having ABSTUDY (and other benefits) and an "I an aboriginal" tick on every government form.

The labor government is making a huge mistake. If anything, more military-style intervention is needed to protect children from sexual abuse in Aboriginal communities.

Cheers

Totally agree. Oh and you don't see Russians crying about WWII compared to the Jews and the Holocaust, I mean 20 million Russians died in WWII... and Jews?...way under 7 million, probably even less.

testiclepilot

HSC

romancandle said:
Okay thanks for that "intelligent" little bit of input. First of all anyone who feels the need to call themselves a testicle pilot does not have the mental grounds to acccuse another of having major issues. You should probably talk to a professional... however f 'piloting testes' is what your interested in, fine... but dont go around displaying it so blatantly.
You can accuse ME of not having the "mental grounds" to make such statements? Wow, you obviously understand parody. BRAVO MY FRIEND! BRAVO!
Secondly, I asked for people like you to stay out of this twice. If you dont care, thats fine. I have no problem. Just dont care and stay out.
Your intellectual superiority forgot to lead you to the search function. If you had used it, you'd have found MULTIPLE THREADS ON THIS TOPIC. I never said I don't care about the issue. Your inability to understand such a simple construct is what lead me to this stand point.

Oh and dude, this is the INTERNET. I can "stay out" if I want, and if I don't want, I'll keep treating you like the idiot you are making yourself out to be.

Edit: For the record, your post actually stated:-

please reply to this only in the spirit of good, educated discussion
This is a good spirited and educated discussion. I'm educating you on THE USE OF THE SEARCH FUNCTION

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Mr Integrity said:

John Howard was smart enough NOT to apologies, why? Because he knows what $orry really meant for Aboriginals, go figure.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

romancandle said:
Okay thanks for that "intelligent" little bit of input. First of all anyone who feels the need to call themselves a testicle pilot does not have the mental grounds to acccuse another of having major issues. You should probably talk to a professional... however f 'piloting testes' is what your interested in, fine... but dont go around displaying it so blatantly. Secondly, I asked for people like you to stay out of this twice. If you dont care, thats fine. I have no problem. Just dont care and stay out.
lol

Evilo

HSC

type 666 if you didn't read the OP.

testiclepilot

HSC

So where does this leave us? I think if your going to apologise to "the stolen generations", appologise to all of them. Black, white, asian or whatever combination. Because its not just limited to aboriginals or indigenous australians. Secondly, I feel it neccescary for this other side of history. These other interpretations of history need to be looked at, and thought about by everyone. Especially the board of studies. Because as Australia's youth, we have the right and neccesity to have a balanced view of our past taught to us. Being told something is fact when it is still being questioned by people who think they are right is not in our educational interest. Especially when the people in question beleive they have facts, figures and sources to back their claims.
I'm sorry, but this section is just too good. You claim to be a lover of Australian history, but you can't identify that the balance of "history" is tilted in the favour of the White Man? I'm so sorry that you feel it is inappropriate to teach Children about the wrongs of our ancestors. Hey, while we are at it, we should teach them the Nazi side of The Holocaust and Osama Bin Ladins side of 9/11.

The History lessons in High School are as balanced as you are going to get - they provide both sides of the argument. Yes, it focuses on the plight of Indigenous Australians, but that is what this section of history is about. Maybe we can erase it to help you feel better about yourself?

Wake the fuck up, you self-righteous prick.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

History at high school as I remember it was something like:

Ok kids, around <year>, <extremely significant major world event> happened. Now we aren't going to learn anything about <extremely significant major world event>, but instead we will learn about how women and minorities felt while <extremely significant major world event> was going on.

I have no idea what that has to do with this thread.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
History at high school as I remember it was something like:

Ok kids, around <year>, <extremely significant major world event> happened. Now we aren't going to learn anything about <extremely significant major world event>, but instead we will learn about how women and minorities felt while <extremely significant major world event> was going on.

I have no idea what that has to do with this thread.
Hhahaa so fucking true.

Shaking Paper

HSC

I preferred Brendan Nelson's speech over Rudd's, it felt less contrived, yet the first thing channel 9 did was cut to the lawn outside saying that people were generally unhappy with his.

K

katie_tully

Shaking Paper said:
I preferred Brendan Nelson's speech over Rudd's, it felt less contrived, yet the first thing channel 9 did was cut to the lawn outside saying that people were generally unhappy with his.
His was good because he didnt nancy around. This isn't about patting them on the head and saying 'awr, we're sorry', it should have been about 'awr, we're sorry but you guys are doing some pretty horrid shit'.
Nelsons speech for the win.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nelson's speech barely made sense. "We are sorry for what happened. But it was done with the best intentions and we shouldn't question it. Yay, veterans and pioneers! By the way, rape."

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

Triangulum said:
Nelson's speech barely made sense. "We are sorry for what happened. But it was done with the best intentions and we shouldn't question it. Yay, veterans and pioneers! By the way, rape."
meh you're a partisan hack, it was a fine speech, as was rudd's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)