Organising Work (merged) (1 Viewer)

Folders or Books?

• Total voters

seakebab

HSC
Re: best way to organise books?

black_kat_meow said:
It's only a couple of dollars a folder! :p
Yes, it is only a couple of dollars. I'll be needing five folders for my subjects, folders are around $3-5 each. That'll be $15. I'm not cheap, but come on, $15 is a lot.

:hammer:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

In Year 11 I stuck to old-school and I just got an exercise book and stuck in (well I was supposed to stick in) all my sheets.

I'm going for folders and loose leaf paper as of next term.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

so for each subject, excerise books,
and for the loose sheets, a display folder?
would you put the sheet in, in each plastic sleeve

or just dump all the hand outs in the same sleeve.

i've currently got a binder, excersise books.

should i get display folders? right now im using one of those plastic ones you put all your sheets into.

im getting confused.
what type of folders are you talking about, and what are these 'dividers' you talk of?

http://image.ecplaza.net/offer/n/nbstationery/4447273_s.jpg
these are the arch binder folders.

http://www.fmd.qut.edu.au/bookshop/graphics/corporate_gifts/a4_display_folder_iceblue.jpg
these the display folders

are these the dividers?
http://www.saltcityrecords.com/productinfo/smead_folder_pictures/smead_folder_10330.jpg

Last edited:
HSC

i'm so cheap, i keep all my handouts in one sleeve. At the start of the year i did have seperate folders, but then i ran out of sleeves.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

seakebab said:
I guess I just have to get a bigger bag then I already have. :hammer:

For all my sheets I use colour coded plastic envelopes.

I reckon I can try folder per subject. It'll just cost me quite a bit of money and if it doesn't work out then :hammer:.

Hello, V.
have one folder for all the stuff you are working on with all your subjects, then AT HOME one for each subject.

I have been using this right throughout year 12 and it is soo easy,

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

bawd said:
Don't be a moron, lol. Just bring loose leaf to school and then file it all into your folders when you get home (what I will be doing). And hello, D.

Edit: BTW, I recall reading that someone on this forum actually does bring a separate folder for each subject. Maybe you should ask him how he manages to carry it around.
I did that for a while then stopped as it was getting really frustrating as i could not refer back to previous work during in my lessons. I go one book per topic in each subject now and find it to be much better, but hey, everyone has their own way of doing things.

louise08

HSC
Organizing Study Work

I like to be organized when it comes to school work. When my exams are coming up I usually stress out and everything gets muddled up.
I use one big folder at school (with paper sheets) and I have a folder for each subject at home. Once I have finished a topic at school I take all the work out for that topic from my school folder and put it into the subject folder at home.

How do you guys keep all your study work organized? I can't fit it all into my school folder.. and I can't carry around 7 folders around school and libraries etc.

I'm thinking I may use plastic sleeve folders and put all my study notes in them? But I don't think this will work next year with the HSC as there would be too much content!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Re: Organizing Study Work

Especially from English and IPT, over time I accumulate numerous worksheets and notes.
I keep notes up to a week or fortnight old and/or keep frequently used notes in my folders and leave the rest at home.

It's only the prelim HSC, take it easy...

Rock On

louise08

HSC

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

louise08 said:
This is different though, I'm not talking about organizing work for regular school days. I'm asking how people organize all their study notes.
what and these threads do not address how to organise study notes?

louise08

HSC

emytaylor164 said:
what and these threads do not address how to organise study notes?
I mean the weeks before an exam.. whether people carry around all their folders, just a few notes or a book to study with etc.. Because there is just so much!

Anyway gees does it really matter!! I am interested in what people do before exams, so I am just asking!

HSC

The best way to organise your stuff in my own personal opinion is that you should carry 1 bag for your excercise books or whatever you use to write in, and another bag that you simply "hurl" all of your sheets into. This way you can remain perfectly organised. What I found also helps is if you "throw" your bag with all the loose paper around so they mould together therefore making it easier to revise once you decide to open your bag.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Currently, I use exercise books for each subject, and an A4 binder carried around. The A4 binder is for class sheets received in each subject. So presently, I have 3 binder folders, each folder for each term so far :).

Then, I have a separate folder for all the past papers and assignments collected for the year and another folder for all my notes written throughout the year :).

Any new innovative ideas I can add onto that? :rolleyes:

Cob-was-here

HSC

Just do what i do. Fill your bedroom with piles of notes from both class sheets and loose leafs from folders and when you have an exam to study for, look at the pile and say "OH FUCK".

Perfect, flawless method.

darkprincess28

HSC

Cob-was-here said:
Just do what i do. Fill your bedroom with piles of notes from both class sheets and loose leafs from folders and when you have an exam to study for, look at the pile and say "OH FUCK".

Perfect, flawless method.
haha! that's what i've been doing for the prelims :p but i think the best way to to have a folder for each subject and put all of your junk in it. A4 display folders. that way you can take them in your bag when you need them to school, and it's all there in one place.

when you go to study, all your crap is in there so you don't gotta go looking for random scrunched up notes, past exams, study guides, etc, etc.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

I have for this year:
5 folders (two subjects per folder)
take each to school everyday i need them.

Next term & last year
1 folder per subject
took them as i needed them each day.
with seperators/dividers to seperate topics

worked great for revision

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

when you say folder, do you mean the generic type made from cardboard with the hole in them?, where you just put all your hand outs and loose-leaf sheets into, so its a thick pile of loose sheets,

or a display type folder,
where it has individual plastic sleeves to which you put loose leafs, and hand outs.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

zeam said:
- find open area
- place in pile
- light on fire
- dance around fire
i AM doing this after the hsc, burning everything except maths and ipt. :D
i organise my notes by making piles on the floor lol.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

theism said:
when you say folder, do you mean the generic type made from cardboard with the hole in them?, where you just put all your hand outs and loose-leaf sheets into, so its a thick pile of loose sheets,

or a display type folder,
where it has individual plastic sleeves to which you put loose leafs, and hand outs.
i mean a leaver arch folder with everything in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)