PLS HELp!!!! HOW TO STUDY FOR TRIALS (1 Viewer)

p0taT0e gEM

HSC
Guys help,
I have trials in around 2 weeks and I'm so stressed because I feel like I am not prepared at all especially for economics and maths adv. I am wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of good ways to study and how to study content heavy subjects like economics and whether it's worth memorizing the whole syllabus off by heart. Any help is vERY APPRECIATED GUYS THX LUV U XXXX

Heresy

HSC
Maths Adv:
Past Papers!
Past Papers!
Past Papers!
Past Papers!

Past Papers! (Ones from Sydney Grammar and Baulkham Hills are quite good)

Econ:

• Read Notes (Eg. Aus in the Global Economy in the morning and Economic Issues at night)
  • Flashcards (You might be able to find some on quizlet or something, as you're stretched for time. Do these after you read your summaries)
  • Also Practice Ext. Responses - especially where a stimulus is provided from actual HSC Papers, they give feedback and they're pretty helpful).

Bob Jane

HSC
spam the F out of trial papers

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Do past papers for maths that is the best way to study it. Preferably if you have past exam papers from your school that would be the first lot of papers you should do as you will be able to see trends in the exam papers and the difficulty is probably going to be relatively the same. If you finish those go on THSC online or other websites and have a go at other past papers maybe from selective schools as those tend to be a bit harder

For economics I didn't do this in the HSC but I did something similar in terms of a content heavy subject in business studies. I wouldn't recommend memorising every single note word for word, BUT in saying that you should be able to if someone tells you to write an answer on a certain dot point be able to identify all the key features you need to write about, and then you can just go into detail in the exam.

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
Past papers are a must. For economics, make sure you have your stats good to go and do heaps of practice essays and short answer questions.

Above all, do not stress! It will kill your focus. Steer away from that. You must be content with what you know.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you need help. :)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
For maths, practice solving problems and questions, whether that be exam-style questions or past papers.
The main thing is to get the technique and skills under your belt.

For economics, content-heavy subject, memorise key facts/points (both general & specifics) rather than essays.

Justin_K

HSC
Past papers are a must. For economics, make sure you have your stats good to go and do heaps of practice essays and short answer questions.

Above all, do not stress! It will kill your focus. Steer away from that. You must be content with what you know.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you need help. :)
Hey Just curious, you're doing Law & Advanced math. Have you found a job yet, or could you tell me where you plan to work? Cheers

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Just curious, you're doing Law & Advanced math. Have you found a job yet, or could you tell me where you plan to work? Cheers
Hey man,
I took my time with my degree and had a gap year so I’m in my final year now. Also decided to do honours in philosophy (law doesn’t really have a serious honours program) as well as maths. I’m actually thinking of doing further study at Oxford. But I’m not sure yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)