Post Your 2015 Sem 1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Should I stick with this? Any feedback appreciated!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Pretty sure you can make a better timetable.

A Monday 9 am tute is not the best idea. Heck 9 am tutes in general aren't too good an idea if you rely on public transport (I turned up half an hour late to half my 9 am tutes last sem but I was actually stuck with no option but 9 am tutes unfortunately).

Get rid of those massive gaps. Surely you can fit the timetable better to avoid having 4 or 5 hour gaps consistently like that.

Considering Monday and Tuesday, unless you live on campus you will have a rough time. You may as well sleep at campus on the Monday night if you are going to do that as the travel time wouldn't be worth it then haha.

CSEStudent

HSC
N/A

Are you strong in Math? You might end up having 2 tests on a Wednesday.

I had a 9am Math class, regretted choosing the earliest one because I came late mostly but I had an awesome tutor and met great friends.

Every week on one of the days (usually Monday after COMP1917 in 1st sem), there's a free CSESoc BBQ. Don't miss out on that!

CaptainPrice

HSC
Thanks for the awesome feedback guys!

I changed a few things around, happy with this, all days have 9am classes, but I don't mind honestly. Monday will have to be stuck like that as I can't seem to change my comp lecture for that day. I guess I'll just have to do a lot of work or be active at clubs during that time.

Math 1081 and math1131 was a solid point raised by csestudent, changed that as well :)

Hoping for feedback on this one! Oh and yes I enrolled this time!

edit: I'm thinking of changing SDES1001 to 12-3, but it will clash with my comp1917 lecture, but I can watch them online, right?

edi2: Yep, it looks like this, still not sure whether to confirm or not

Last edited:

CSEStudent

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the awesome feedback guys!

I changed a few things around, happy with this, all days have 9am classes, but I don't mind honestly. Monday will have to be stuck like that as I can't seem to change my comp lecture for that day. I guess I'll just have to do a lot of work or be active at clubs during that time.

Math 1081 and math1131 was a solid point raised by csestudent, changed that as well :)

Hoping for feedback on this one! Oh and yes I enrolled this time!

edit: I'm thinking of changing SDES1001 to 12-3, but it will clash with my comp1917 lecture, but I can watch them online, right?

edi2: Yep, it looks like this, still not sure whether to confirm or not

You need a clash approval and it is unlikely to be approved because you can avoid the clash. COMP1917's lecturer is different this semester (first time lecturng this course I think) but those online lectures could be a useful resource. Also note that SDES1001 is in a different campus.

CaptainPrice

HSC
You need a clash approval and it is unlikely to be approved because you can avoid the clash. COMP1917's lecturer is different this semester (first time lecturng this course I think) but those online lectures could be a useful resource. Also note that SDES1001 is in a different campus.
Are you sure? It takes me around 2hrs to get to UNSW, and half an hour to get to the Paddington campus.

So I'd be arriving home earliest at 11:30pm, I really can't afford that honestly, would this have any weighting in the clash approval process?

Is it the same lecturer as other current comp1917 lectures? I can ask a friend for notes and Richard Buckland's online lectures are the best haha (can't imagine a better lecturer tbh)

Last edited:

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you sure? It takes me around 2hrs to get to UNSW, and half an hour to get to the Paddington campus.

So I'd be arriving home earliest at 11:30pm, I really can't afford that honestly, would this have any weighting in the clash approval process?

Is it the same lecturer as other current comp1917 lectures? I can ask a friend for notes and Richard Buckland's online lectures are the best haha (can't imagine a better lecturer tbh)
I'm very sure CSE would allow the clash, they're pretty lenient people.

Try emailing the CSE admin: undergrad@cse.unsw.edu.au.

Certain that COMP1917 would be on Echo360 (the place where you watch online lectures) to compensate the missed hour/lecture on Monday.

CaptainPrice

HSC
I'm very sure CSE would allow the clash, they're pretty lenient people.

Try emailing the CSE admin: undergrad@cse.unsw.edu.au.

Very certain that COMP1917 would be on Echo360 (the place where you watch online lectures) to compensate the missed hour/lecture on Monday.
Wait, will they be showing old lectures or the ones I'll be missing?

If that's true, it would put so much stress off!

Emailing now!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, will they be showing old lectures or the ones I'll be missing?

If that's true, it would put so much stress off!

Emailing now!
Almost every course at UNSW is recorded, uploaded onto Echo360 and available to everyone enrolled regardless of clash or other reasons. It will be the current sessions, uploaded around 15 minutes after the lecture finishes.

But then the lecturer can decided on whether he/she wants to record it or not, I've never had any lecturer did this but - it's very unlikely i think. I'm not sure... LOL :D

CaptainPrice

HSC
Almost every course at UNSW is recorded, uploaded onto Echo360 and available to everyone enrolled regardless of clash or other reasons. It will be the current sessions, uploaded around 15 minutes after the lecture finishes.

But then the lecturer can decided on whether he/she wants to record it or not, I've never had any lecturer did this but - it's very unlikely i think. I'm not sure... LOL :D
Awesome to hear! 15mins? I think you're overestimating Australia's internet LOL haha

Seeing how you are a 2nd year, what are your thoughts on my timetable? everything solid?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome to hear! 15mins? I think you're overestimating Australia's internet LOL haha

Seeing how you are a 2nd year, what are your thoughts on my timetable? everything solid?
Looks good with me. Depends how long you would get to Uni, I would probably avoid the MATH1131 9am tutorial to some other time, because in WK 5 and 9 you'll have the Calculus test - just to make sure you're on time.

Also your lecturers for maths is pretty good - Thomas Britz and Milan Pahor, good choices. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)