Post your artworks! (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
View attachment 31717

A quick sketch of inori from GC
I'm still debating whether to drop and pick up VA. How do markers mark art? Isn't the marking too subjective in that sense?
Doesn't work, try using imgur and posting the link here :)

Half of it is theory and the other half is your yearly project artwork - which gets marked.

From what I've heard, it's actually not hard at all, obvs you'll still have to put in effort, but I think the subjective aspect is advantageous (especially if you can BS in english). You should definitely do it if you think you'll enjoy it.

@dirty_ink can paint a better picture having finished VA successfully last year.

dirty_ink

HSC
View attachment 31717

A quick sketch of inori from GC
I'm still debating whether to drop and pick up VA. How do markers mark art? Isn't the marking too subjective in that sense?
Don't be intimidated by the way that markers take to marking your major BoW. While it's true that art is very subjective, having a clear concept/ idea that you are able to fluently communicate through your art via technical skills (which you obviously have) will get you the higher marks. So as long as you're able to communicate your ideas through your medium and you enjoy art, then definitely pick up VA.

Theory is basically like an English analysis on the conceptual framework, the frames, etc. but less flowery.

Doesn't work, try using imgur and posting the link here :)

Half of it is theory and the other half is your yearly project artwork - which gets marked.

From what I've heard, it's actually not hard at all, obvs you'll still have to put in effort, but I think the subjective aspect is advantageous (especially if you can BS in english). You should definitely do it if you think you'll enjoy it.

@dirty_ink can paint a better picture having finished VA successfully last year.
Nice pun? Thanks anyway.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Only took a single photo, should have taken more.

If you go there at night, the view is quite amazing with the lights, so comfortable in the cool, breezy night air. Should have taken pictures when I was volunteering there yesterday night but phone coincidentally decided to die on me the moment I wanted to take some pictures.

CaptainPrice

HSC
A title: chick in a red dress asian squats

Which medium: paper sharpie and watercolour

Short description: she's a killer queen dynamite with a laser beam

That's definitely a creative one! Looks very minimalistic to me, love the red watercolour use!

However the interpretation I had was nowhere near to what you wrote in your description. The red paint reminds me of wine, and the girl in the dress looks as if she has drunkenly celebrated throughout the night (in japan?LOL). Coupled with the 'laser beam' which reminds me of trains passing through a subway, it seems as if it's the final recesses of the night and now it's time to go home via the train station.

If you go there at night, the view is quite amazing with the lights, so comfortable in the cool, breezy night air. Should have taken pictures when I was volunteering there yesterday night but phone coincidentally decided to die on me the moment I wanted to take some pictures.
Going at night would definitely be cool, the park was honestly my favourite place in Sydney city! Oh, that sucks, at least it can take very good pictures though (referencing the pictures of your Art a while ago).

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
thanks friends

also the description is a string of queen lyrics nothing too serious (but queen is pretty serious)

CaptainPrice

HSC
thanks friends

also the description is a string of queen lyrics nothing too serious (but queen is pretty serious)
Yeah, erhm, same here - my interpretation was pretty much lyrics (of dubstep haha)

I am drawing this for my girlfriend, it's a work in progress

any advice would be much appreciated :D
Trolling again or what man? Legit surprised that you draw - and very finely as well!

Very cool! I still can't believe how some people have the stable motion and patience to draw in that style! One thing also that comes to mind would be to edit your artwork with Photoshop and start messing around with layers and stuff - like you'd be on acid duuude!

dat colour burst
His link is down, maybe he took it down cos he was going to surprise you with it? HAHA :D

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yeah, erhm, same here - my interpretation was pretty much lyrics (of dubstep haha)

Trolling again or what man? Legit surprised that you draw - and very finely as well!

Very cool! I still can't believe how some people have the stable motion and patience to draw in that style! One thing also that comes to mind would be to edit your artwork with Photoshop and start messing around with layers and stuff - like you'd be on acid duuude!

His link is down, maybe he took it down cos he was going to surprise you with it? HAHA :D
nah he told me he was drawing it :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I hold my right hand down with my left because otherwise I shake to much probably as I hold pens etc oddly..

:)

failwail

HSC
N/A

all that for a meme
it was from a year or two ago tho

Fiction

HSC
View attachment 31714

I oilpainted iron man with base of acrylic paint early yr10 late yr9 (?) lol my skills back then...
I kind of regret not choosing VA, that's not a good start of yr11 LOL can you pickup VA in like the middle of yr11 or something?
OMG you've worked with oil paint? :D I'm so jelly -how was it? And how different is it from working with acrylic paint? CC: I want to use oil for my BOW but am scared that it's abit too late to start experimenting haha

There's really something deeply touching and awe-inspiring lying just beneath the surface of your work<3

all that for a meme
it was from a year or two ago tho
That's beautiful<3 Truely. I like how you drew the guns - perspective is way harder than it looks :D

Fiction

HSC
Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What is what? :)

I forgot to attach this to my last post haha (too blown away by your photos nerd~ :p) but some of the limited pictures I could scavenge from my 15-16 year old self, who apparently disliked realism and had no sense of proportions. (not I'm any better now lewl)
-->
http://imgur.com/AT6UONZ
http://imgur.com/Q6v5AqX
http://imgur.com/gdr9FTI
http://imgur.com/5GA29h8
http://imgur.com/YeaOnwR

All WIPs because I'm paranoid :D
Let's see
* judges *

What is it that you like about my pictures ?

To be fair ... Drawing is really hard

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)