• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Potential ECON2390: Business Economics Students. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well this one is only 500-600 words a worth 5%, so it is no big deal really:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
What I am really finding difficult is this part of the question: "What is the most important lesson that can be leaned by your target industry from the case described by the article, regarding the benefits to be obtained from other firms in the value-chain of your target industry.":confused:.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
What I am really finding difficult is this part of the question: "What is the most important lesson that can be leaned by your target industry from the case described by the article, regarding the benefits to be obtained from other firms in the value-chain of your target industry.":confused:.
The whole question is shit!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

The whole question is based on the idea of "Net Value" there is little section in the textbook on the concept of net value. Look at page 334.

Net Value looks at the opprtunities within the industry. So re-read the article and idenfity the opportunites within the article, this opportunity is a lesson. For example by having a close relationship between supplier (PortalPlayer) and the buyer (Apple Computers), these's two firms can work together to produce the iPod with perceived benefits and also lower costs, to generate value to the product.

You take this lesson and apply it to your own industry. For example internet music industry. Look at how a firm within an industry can create value to their products or services. Remember value is created through percieved benefits or costs, if one or both of these's features change, you will create value.

I hope that helps you

baker182

HSC
The idea of value chain was discussed with James, earlier in the course.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
The whole question is shit!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Yeah, this is the worst question I have ever had to answer I think:(.

baker182 said:
The whole question is based on the idea of "Net Value" there is little section in the textbook on the concept of net value. Look at page 334.

Net Value looks at the opprtunities within the industry. So re-read the article and idenfity the opportunites within the article, this opportunity is a lesson. For example by having a close relationship between supplier (PortalPlayer) and the buyer (Apple Computers), these's two firms can work together to produce the iPod with perceived benefits and also lower costs, to generate value to the product.

You take this lesson and apply it to your own industry. For example internet music industry. Look at how a firm within an industry can create value to their products or services. Remember value is created through percieved benefits or costs, if one or both of these's features change, you will create value.

I hope that helps you
Yeah, I am taking a different approach and saying that they should learn from what Apple and Portal Player did wrong. Probably completely wrong but oh well:p.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Yeah, this is the worst question I have ever had to answer I think:(.

Yeah, I am taking a different approach and saying that they should learn from what Apple and Portal Player did wrong. Probably completely wrong but oh well:p.
Sound fine with, remember its a lesson. So everyone will have a different approach.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
At the last minute I decided to change it and base the assignment on what my target industry can learn from the positive things Apple and Portal Player did. I have struggled my way to 433 words and am really stuck:p.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
At the last minute I decided to change it and base the assignment on what my target industry can learn from the positive things Apple and Portal Player did. I have struggled my way to 433 words and am really stuck:p.
I did 643 words, hopefully he wont count the words and say you have gone over the limit.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
What, how could you write so much:eek:?
I love to bullshit, I will post my eassy tommorrow night. So you can see some great bullshitting hehehe

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have repeated myself a few times and still can't get to 500 words. I will post my response tomorrow night too so everyone can laugh at it:D.

baker182

HSC
How did you go in the test? It was a harder test than the first one. I'am expecting 12 out of 20

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
How did you go in the test? It was a harder test than the first one. I'am expecting 12 out of 20
I hate exams where you can chose which questions you can do:mad:. Anyway, I don't think I went too well. I couldn't write that much for my first question and so I thought I had plenty of time and started waisting it but then I realised I could write more for the last question and so I ended up having to rush it and quite get to finish and what I did write wasn't structured to well. For example, I was skipping small words like "the" int the middle of the sentence to save time;). Also, I don't know if you have read the book but for one of the chapters they have an example about a Shipping firm and because I didn't have enough time to write it I just had to put "e.g. Shipping example", haha:p. Anyway, that said I think I will get about 13-14/20:(.

The assignment on the other hand was totally stuffed. I eventually got the 500 words needed but I had to repeat myself a fair bit to get there. My lesson was pretty dodgy to and to cap it all off I couldn't get my spell check to work. I will be surprised if I was that:p.

baker182

HSC
I wonder when the assigment and class tests marks are going to be released?

Its been like a month since the test

baker182

HSC
check blackboard. Results for Class test 2 are out.
67%, there goes my chances for a HD. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)