• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Potential ECON2390: Business Economics Students. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, 61%:(. That is by far the worst mark I have got while being at University. God I hate essays so much:mad:. I was sitting on 84% but after that I have dropped to 73.8%:(. I hope I can still manage a Distinction in that subject:(.

Anyway, 67% isn't too bad. That was the average:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Man, I am really feeling a lot of contempt toward this subject. Anyway, I can start to do some study for it now that I have done my other three exams. Do you know how the exam is going to be set out? I think I remember him saying that the exam will be split into two sections. The first was going to be on the content the first lecturer taught us and then the second was going to be on the content the second lecturer taught us. Is that right and if so do you know anything more:)?

I don't know whether to read the chapter summaries as revision or read the lecture slides:(.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Man, I am really feeling a lot of contempt toward this subject. Anyway, I can start to do some study for it now that I have done my other three exams. Do you know how the exam is going to be set out? I think I remember him saying that the exam will be split into two sections. The first was going to be on the content the first lecturer taught us and then the second was going to be on the content the second lecturer taught us. Is that right and if so do you know anything more:)?

I don't know whether to read the chapter summaries as revision or read the lecture slides:(.
I was going to ask you the same thing. For the exam, there are 2 parts. The first part are questions relating to James, while the other part are questions regarding Bruce's lecture topics. I'am going to send Bruce an email about his part of the exam, has to whether there would be 3 questions from lecture material and 3 questions from tutorial issues. For each part you choose 3 questions out of 6.

For revision, I'am reading the textbook, lecture notes and tutorial questions/answers. As I found that James class test was based on short answers relating to the lecture notes and the textbook. While Bruce was based on eassy's. Reading the chapters first will you a lot of information, follow that by reading the notes, it will help to develop the important points you should know to answer the exam questions.

By biggest tip, for Bruce's part of the exam, is to know your tutorial work, because I found those questions to be easier than the lecture based questions. Also the tutorial was focused on the real life example of the iPod, which I found interesting and easier to use develop an eassy around.

My final tip is to use real life case studies when answering Bruce's part of the exam, eg iPod and textbook examples. For James, you just need to know the basic idea of an concept, maybe throw in a example to make sure you show him, you totally understand the concept. But since Bruce marks you using case study's you might want to know a few regarding his material.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I was going to ask you the same thing. For the exam, there are 2 parts. The first part are questions relating to James, while the other part are questions regarding Bruce's lecture topics. I'am going to send Bruce an email about his part of the exam, has to whether there would be 3 questions from lecture material and 3 questions from tutorial issues. For each part you choose 3 questions out of 6.
I thought Bruce's section was only two essays. Are you saying there are actually three:(? Also, Jame's section will involve only short answers and calculations and no essays, won't it:D?

baker182 said:
For revision, I'am reading the textbook, lecture notes and tutorial questions/answers. As I found that James class test was based on short answers relating to the lecture notes and the textbook. While Bruce was based on eassy's. Reading the chapters first will you a lot of information, follow that by reading the notes, it will help to develop the important points you should know to answer the exam questions.
Haha, you have all bases covered. To tell you the truth I just cannot be bothered to do that much work, especially for a subject I hate so passionately. I think I will first read the chapter summaries then read the lecture slides and then look at the tutorial answers:).

baker182 said:
By biggest tip, for Bruce's part of the exam, is to know your tutorial work, because I found those questions to be easier than the lecture based questions. Also the tutorial was focused on the real life example of the iPod, which I found interesting and easier to use develop an eassy around.
Hmm, yeah you have convinced me to read the tutorial answers:D.

baker182 said:
My final tip is to use real life case studies when answering Bruce's part of the exam, eg iPod and textbook examples. For James, you just need to know the basic idea of an concept, maybe throw in a example to make sure you show him, you totally understand the concept. But since Bruce marks you using case study's you might want to know a few regarding his material.
Well I read the textbook throughout the semester but can't remember much. I suppose I can remember a few examples though:).

Thanks for the information:).

baker182

HSC
Check out the final weeks lecture notes, for exams tips for part b :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
God I can't wait until I finish this subject. I got 3.5/5:(. Still, it is probably better than I was expecting after my exam effort:p. I need 38.3/50 in the final exam to get a distinction and I don't like my chances:(.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
God I can't wait until I finish this subject. I got 3.5/5:(. Still, it is probably better than I was expecting after my exam effort:p. I need 38.3/50 in the final exam to get a distinction and I don't like my chances:(.
Is it me or does Bruce seem to give harder work than compared to James?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well it is probably similar in hardness but the way we have to answer the questions is harder for Bruce's content. I hate writing essays so I will usually go bad in them:(.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Well it is probably similar in hardness but the way we have to answer the questions is harder for Bruce's content. I hate writing essays so I will usually go bad in them:(.
Yeah your right. The test created by James, was based on short answers, while Bruce created a test based on eassys.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, you too dude:). I still have a lot of work to get through. I am only up to week 10 stuff, so that leaves me with four weeks of work to do it half a day:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I did that surprisingly easily. Now all I have to do is read through the tutorial answers and I am done:D.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Well I did that surprisingly easily. Now all I have to do is read through the tutorial answers and I am done:D.
did you read the textbook?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, no way:eek:! I was never going to read the textbook! That would take a few months. I read the textbook throughout the course though:). I just read the lecture notes and the chapter summaries and then read the tutorial answers:).

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Well that didn't got too well at all:mad:. Looks like a credit for me:(.
What was the go with the first question? Why would an actor pay an advance to the producer?

I went pretty good, I will pass very nice, I should get a credit. ;)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
What was the go with the first question? Why would an actor pay an advance to the producer?
I didn't really pay attention as to whether the question made sense but I had no idea about how to do it, so that left me with a choice between question two, three and four and I don't feel like writing a massive answer for question four so I did question two and three. The problem was that I couldn't really do part b) of question three either:p.

baker182 said:
I went pretty good, I will pass very nice, I should get a credit. ;)
Ooh, the competition is on;). How much did you write for the essays? I wrote a page and a third for my first question and a page for my second. I swear I can never think of all that much to write for essays:(. Oh well, I am finished my exams so I can forget about that evil subject now:D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)