• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Presidential Election (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Re: First Presidential Debate

Disagree with the widespread msm consensus that Obama won the debate. I'd say it went narrowly to Romney but expectations were much higher for Romney.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

the reason people think obama won is because they had such low expectations. The fact that he didn't fuck things up was enough to send liberals into celebtration mode. I think romney won, though it wasn't nearly the convincing win of the first debate. It however has not destroyed his momentum though.

Garygaz

HSC

the libya bit with him misquoting the president about calling it a terrorist attack was a bit embarrassing :s

halapenyo

HSC

Disagree with the widespread msm consensus that Obama won the debate. I'd say it went narrowly to Romney but expectations were much higher for Romney.
the reason people think obama won is because they had such low expectations. The fact that he didn't fuck things up was enough to send liberals into celebtration mode. I think romney won, though it wasn't nearly the convincing win of the first debate. It however has not destroyed his momentum though.
do you guys reckon Romney's past with his private equity firm will give him any sort of advantage over Obama. he kept mentioning it in the debate.

halapenyo

HSC

the libya bit with him misquoting the president about calling it a terrorist attack was a bit embarrassing :s
lol i thought the moderator was supposed to stay impartial. she didnt exactly make it easier for him.

Lentern

HSC

Not fucking momentum again.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

the economy

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

do you guys reckon Romney's past with his private equity firm will give him any sort of advantage over Obama. he kept mentioning it in the debate.
I think it should, it shows he knows what he's doing in terms of budgets and what not, however it's important to note the difference in scale and the political implications and obstacles when dealing with a federal government budget. The thing that might come back to bite him is that he may come across as a bit too reckless or 'unfeeling', so to say, about where and what he cuts from the budget, like he would need to be in a business aspect.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Barack Obama came to Washington just six years ago, having spent his professional life as a part-time lawyer, part-time law professor, and part-time state legislator in Illinois. … But there was no mistaking the lightness of his résumé. Just a year before coming to Washington, State Senator Obama was investigating the dangers of a toy known as the Yo-Yo Water Ball. (He tried, unsuccessfully, to have it banned.)”

Ryan Lizza, The New Yorker,May 2, 2011

Capt Rifle

HSC

Romney interrupts too much and does not show respect lol, but overall both sides have very strong responses to certain topics.

halapenyo

HSC

lentern, funkshen, lolsmith, sylvester and solo who do you reckon wins from here Obama or romney. give it to me straight.

a c

HSC

obama

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

It is going to be close although I think Romney will just win provided he doesn't stuff up (e.g. 47% etc) again before the vote.

If you had asked Americans 3 years ago, they would have said overwhelmingly that Obama would be a a two term president. The reality is though is that Obama, a brilliant orator promised a lot although failed to deliver.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

Obama

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)