Question about EAS (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
HEY
just wondering, i know EAS is all handed in and everything
but with the documenttion, we were maent to get it verified, right?? cz my teacher said not to bother with it, and that a fotocopy is enuf
but i went ahead n got all my doc certs verified by principal
was that wat i was sposed to do
thanks

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
yeah, it had to be verified.
good youre right to go

i have like 8 teachers who are JP's, so I got them to do it

mathslover

HSC
wow
thank God i did it then
i think half of the people in my school that applied didnt get it verified.. cz careers advisor kept saying it doesnt need to be verified :S
:apig:

erm

HSC
mathslover said:
wow
thank God i did it then
i think half of the people in my school that applied didnt get it verified.. cz careers advisor kept saying it doesnt need to be verified :S
:apig:
wtf man. Don't rely on your dumbass careers advisor. Get off your behind and read the booklet for yourself.

It only mentions about 10 times that you have to have all your documents properly verified or it won't be processed.

I'm surprised you would take such a risk and go on your teacher's word for something so important.

Edit: but you did go and get it verified, so good for you.

mathslover

HSC
erm said:
wtf man. Don't rely on your dumbass careers advisor. Get off your behind and read the booklet for yourself.

It only mentions about 10 times that you have to have all your documents properly verified or it won't be processed.

I'm surprised you would take such a risk and go on your teacher's word for something so important.

Edit: but you did go and get it verified, so good for you.
shittt ! i dont think my friends got their's verified =[
so their app wont be processed aye?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
About the EAS thing...can I ask a brief question?

Where do you get the form for EAS from? Do you just print it out from the website? (I think it is UAC, but I am not sure)

And what do you mean by "verified"? Does that mean that your teachers acknowledge the fact that you got disadvantaged in some way? Do teachers (or counsellors) write anything down on that form and would that contribute to your chance of getting in?

I just realised that my question was not brief at all but it will be great if someone could answer the questions with valid evidence or explanations...thanks!

Black Hawker

HSC
You can get if form your Careers Adviser or download of UAC website.

You need to verify the documents you are attaching to show your case. Teachers have to write about it, and how long they have known about it. They also have to say how severe they think it is.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
IS your principal a justice of peace? only justice of peace can verify the documents!

mugenR

HSC
mathslover said:
HEY
just wondering, i know EAS is all handed in and everything
but with the documenttion, we were maent to get it verified, right?? cz my teacher said not to bother with it, and that a fotocopy is enuf
but i went ahead n got all my doc certs verified by principal
was that wat i was sposed to do
thanks
what do you mean verified? as in the educational impact statement?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Getting the documents verified, to prove that they are copies of the original. This is to prevent forged copies, dodgy photocopies, etc.

leon4u

HSC
when i handed mine in the people at the UAC said that they verify it for you..

all good with ur friends

Crates

Banned
HSC
Hey guys, I (stupidly) sent my application by mail last Saturday, even though the mail doesn't get sent out till Monday which would be the 29th of September. Do you think if they receive it 1 day late it'll still get accepted?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
You should have sent it via express post, generally non-express sydney to sydney mail takes only one day so don't worry about it too much.
The booklet says any late applications, whether or not it is the post's fault, MAY not be consider which suggest there could be some flexibility if it is late only by one day.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
EAS Booklet
EAS Application Form
Just following up on what Wooz said, there is info on page 9 and 10 of the EAS Booklet about who can verify the documents and how.
Oh thanks. But in the form, they don't have school counsellors as one of the authorised verifiers. And some people at my school did them via school counsellor, I think...is that a problem?

Thanks again.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Someone above said that only a Justice of the Peace can verify documents sent with an EAS, yet another person said that someone at UAC said they verify documents for you...
Can someone clear this up? (Without Wings? :))

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
I think there has been a little confusion in what you mean. In regards to 'verifying documents' many of the people above, including myself were referring to getting someone to 'verify' copies of a document to ensure it is an accurate copy of the original. This is so they can check that people aren't forging the documents they are sending in as evidence.

What you are probably referring to is the Educational Impact Statement, where a responsible person must complete a section of the form regarding your situation. This can be done by a counsellor etc. (see page 6 of the booklet).

Does that clarify it for you?
Alright. I think I got that confused when people alternating from posts about getting comments form counsellors and verifying documents.

Thansk for that.

erm

HSC
chewy123 said:
IS your principal a justice of peace? only justice of peace can verify the documents!
You are wrong, re-read the booklet.

fallenstar said:
Someone above said that only a Justice of the Peace can verify documents sent with an EAS, yet another person said that someone at UAC said they verify documents for you...
Can someone clear this up? (Without Wings? :))
If you go in the UAC office PERSONALLY and bring the ORIGINALS, they will verify it, photocopy it and hand you back the originals.

The who said only a JP can verify is wrong - many people can, just refer to booklet.

If you are posting it, then you need to get them verified by an appropriate person.

Last edited by a moderator:

erm

HSC
cookieeater said:
hey what happens if we sent original letters , i.e letters from teachers, thats okay right?
Yes should be right.

The only purpose of this verification is to ensure that the copies are a true likeness to the original.

Just don't expect to get the original back from UAC.

Edit: unless you want to pay $35 to get them back :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)