• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Random Car Chat (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Any idea who is buying Fuji Heavy Inudustries.

But yeah Slip's basically right sales are down, costs are up so they loose money. I would suggest that sales are down because of oil prices and a weak US economy and that costs are up because of an ageing workforce and high world commodity prices (eg BHPBilliton wins but GM looses).

Domestically here in Australia Holdens not doing the greatest either. I think across the entire GM brand product cycles are compounding the problem.

We should remember though that its hardly the first time a car companies been loosing money, GM isn't going to disappear overnight. Ford didn't, Nissan didn't etc etc.

I would expect to see GM trim alot of fat especially from management and US factories. Scale back and consolidate world wide because alot of the problem is overextension in adverse conditions.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
SlipStream said:
Yeh it's been around for a while, on the Euro market as you said and in Japan I think. They've brought it to Oz as part of their corporate globalisation (read: plans to take over earth).
I thought it was to also save costs because only one 'brand' to advertise... similar to MYER in Sydney o_O

transcendent

HSC
N/A
maybe but they still have to calibrate cars so they fit Australian standards.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The term is homogulate (or some such), this is unavoidable. Companies cut costs where they can, which in this case is by changing the name so that adds can be more cheaply recycled from other markets. eg just change the voice over.

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
BORING.
Who cares about GM.
Many manufacturers are subsidaries of GM - Holden, Saab, Vauxhall, Opel, Pontiac... whatever happens to the mother company will ultimately affect its subsidaries.

Anywho, time to change topic. Here's a photo:

Discuss!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think it might be. My guess given the angle of the front wheels and the pitch of the car that the smoke is the result of hard cornering. eg the handbrake was used to induce oversteer or possibly the brakes were applied at the apex of the turn in which case only the one wheel would have locked as it had little traction as compared to the others which had lots of traction because of the weight on them.

SlipStream

HSC
loquasagacious said:
I think it might be. My guess given the angle of the front wheels and the pitch of the car that the smoke is the result of hard cornering. eg the handbrake was used to induce oversteer or possibly the brakes were applied at the apex of the turn in which case only the one wheel would have locked as it had little traction as compared to the others which had lots of traction because of the weight on them.
It looks to me like a noob with a heavy foot - being a Sigma without an LSD explains the single hoop boogey. ;) Perhaps entering a main road from a side street in a hurry.

Nonetheless a moron who deserved whatever punishment was handed down to him.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
Many manufacturers are subsidaries of GM - Holden, Saab, Vauxhall, Opel, Pontiac... whatever happens to the mother company will ultimately affect its subsidaries.

Anywho, time to change topic. Here's a photo:

Discuss!
hahaha...sif pontiac is a brand :cool: :p

SlipStream

HSC
Why hand the keys of such beautiful cars to noobs who couldn't ride a bicycle?

Learn to drive, FFS... :(

transcendent

HSC
N/A
considering how few exotic supercars there are that's alot of wrecked ones. makes me want to cry.

CieL

HSC
*cries to see the wrecked enzo and zonda*

but one thing i dont understand..

they keep lowering the speed limit on public roads, yet build more n more powerful (street legal/stock) cars.. whyyyyyy??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Shhh Carmen- if they hear that then they might stop making fast cars... but I think they say by having power, in the event of an accident, the cars are more agile and can thus avoid the accident.. *shrugs* That's what i'd say if I was making fast cars and some nut asked me why.

CieL

HSC
uhhh.. do u realise.. they make u pay more for better brakes?

SlipStream

HSC
Cars may be becoming more and more powerful but they're also becoming more and more safe with advances in airbags, crumble zones, safety cells, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)