• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Random Protips for life (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
-If you drink a moderate quantity of Grapejuice before you go, you get blind drunk off like 1-2 drinks. It's something to do with the Acids within grapejuice causes enzyme breakdown and therefore retaining alcohol...It works. This is a great money saving tool.

- Expect to Step before you Walk

-You're are not going to move into a senior position (hence senior salary) of a job when just graduating from University.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i don't know about you guys but i'm fairly trustworthy heh.

just really depends on the person.
i've got friends who i can trust my life with.
other people.. no chance.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
When I said 'don't trust ever' I meant in a broader sense.

I know people who will meet someone and within the week they will trust them completely. And they've only known this person for a week.

But of course if you have best friends that you've known since you were 10 then I'm not saying it's a bad thing to trust them.

Ditto for family. Unless they are complete tools who you can't trust at all.

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
should of, could of, didn't. which means dont think of all the things you should have done, the things you could have done, but you didnt... focus on the future rather than trying to fix up the past (it aint going to happen...unless you have a time machine).

when someone is being a complete tool/jerk/bitch to you: don't stoop down to their level... above and beyond.

another tip: read the push and pull sign on the door... otherwise it can be extremely embarrassing.

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
baked beans are good for your heart, baked beans will... meh i have no tips
but 2 and a half men is on and bai

Tim035

HSC
- Never play RPGs / MMOs or any other video game that requires substantial amounts of time to be put in to it.

- Educate yourself on basic financial planning and put together a savings plan for the short and long term.

- Try to learn a second language before your second decade of life

- Play a musical instrument, even if it's just picking up the guitar for a few hours each Sunday afternoon.

- Really, really think it through what you want to do in life before jumping in to a uni degree. Truly consider the outcome of the degree / the job it will place you in 5 - 10 years time.

- Don't get caught up in deep - love relationships whilst you're young, there is a very high probability that he/she will not be the person you end up marrying and it will just end in drama and stress.

- The world is so fucken corrupt it is ridiculous, do not believe the news, do not become another slave / sheep of society and the marketing / instant gratification world we have become.

FiLoSiDe

HSC
Rule #5: Show no love, love will get you killed.

Of course, your probably not going to get killed, but giving yourself to someone at this age is never going to end up pretty

ay0_x

HSC
-"I love you" is just three words until it is proved by actions, consistently, over a considerable period of time.

-You can "forgive" someone, yet never want to see them again. Forgiving doesn't necessarily mean giving them all the trust back.

-Trust is earned, not given. If someone is demanding that you trust them, it is because they know that they will never be able to earn that trust, and is really wanting a free ticket.

-If it sounds too good to be true... It probably is.

-Judge a man by how he treats people he will never need.

And now, for more practical things
-A blowdryer can be used to dry clothes last minute.
-A GHD can be used to iron clothes.
-Conditioner or really cheap, really thick moisturizers (sorbolene, lanolin etc) are better than shaving cream/gel/soap.
-Learn how to do a few sewing stitches by hand. You will need it at some point in life.
-Water is your friend. Drink up.
-Expensive makeup is nearly always worth its pricetag.

klaris

HSC
1. Don't trust. Ever.

2. If someone is a complete asshole to other people (e.g people they consider "below them") then, when the honey pot dries up, they'll treat you like that, too. Judge someone by how he/she treats others, not just you.

3. Look before you leap. Learnt that one in kindy.

4. Trust your instincts. Don't do something that you have a bad feeling about. Your gut feeling usually turns out to be right.

5. Foreboding.

That horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach that tells you something bad is gonna happen?

Usually, it's just a lovely side effect from stress/worries or some other unknown, underlying issue.

I've had an extremely vivid sense of foreboding before and it just turns out to be nothing. It is just annoying, imo.

6. Hand out second chances every once in a while. Especially, if it is over something small.

7. Be reckless (but not too reckless). If you're not, you'll look back on life and say "What if?"

8. Guys, when in romantic woes, take Gwen's advice and "Don't speak"

Well, not until we're finished feeling pissed off anyway. Unless you want a picture frame thrown at your head.

9. No glove, no love.

10. Don't let your guard down for semi-strangers.

I've known kids who've told people they've met an hour ago their entire life story.

11. Let the people you really care about in.

I always have my guard up. I don't really know why, I have a real reason to be so defensive to everyone I know.

So, take it from someone who knows, let the people in that you care about. Before it's too late.

You only live once.

And that is just about it for now. This is stuff that I live by, but someone people are the opposite to me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)