raw marks? (1 Viewer)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
what raw marks in economics would constitue as a band 6...lyk 90 on the dot....

and what would get you 85....

i kno it changes every year...but just curious...thank youuu

melmont13

HSC
above 90 would get you band 6, isn't above 80 band 5? What are your ranks at school for eco? Alot depends on that.

jessi90

HSC
exactly the question i was going to ask.

my thoughts:
86 raw ~ 93/94 aligned HSC mark
80 raw ~ 90 aligned HSC mark

runnable

HSC
In 2004, a raw mark of 87 in Physics gave a mark 95. So would expect something like that for Eco.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
im first, so i make my internals, unless sum1 beats me but thats simply advantaging me

wow!!! 87 and belowish by a few could get you band 6 easily!!!

hey where did u get that 2004 raw mark thingy

Last edited:

munchiecrunchie

HSC
iono the above kinda of raw marks/hsc marks correlations sounds a bit too high im my opinion . . .

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
it does it does...

but den again its still "possible"...i mean maybe economic hsc markers mark harder, or a more advanced standard thann other social sciences

hmmm

magik22

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
what raw marks in economics would constitue as a band 6...lyk 90 on the dot....

and what would get you 85....

i kno it changes every year...but just curious...thank youuu
Economics traditionally has never had that great scaling...sadly.

I think in terms of raw marks to get a band 6, you would need to get at least a 90...because all subjects in actual fact scale down. (besides ext 2 maths, physics, chem...) The question is how much does it scale down.

Yes it does change every year but think of it this way, if you didn't do too well in trials...get a band 6 and you have hope of a band 5(assuming you did well in your other class exams). If you did well in trials and throughout the year, get a 90+ in HSC and you've got yourself a full band 6.

On a personal note...just forget about all these scaling marks and what band will be constituted from what mark...just do your best in the exam...thats all you really can do right now.

I hope that helps.

lionking1191

HSC
magik22 said:

I think in terms of raw marks to get a band 6, you would need to get at least a 90...because all subjects in actual fact scale down. (besides ext 2 maths, physics, chem...) The question is how much does it scale down.

Yes it does change every year but think of it this way, if you didn't do too well in trials...get a band 6 and you have hope of a band 5(assuming you did well in your other class exams). If you did well in trials and throughout the year, get a 90+ in HSC and you've got yourself a full band 6.

On a personal note...just forget about all these scaling marks and what band will be constituted from what mark...just do your best in the exam...thats all you really can do right now.

I hope that helps.
um, no... moderation and uac scaling are quite different things

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
economics does not scale "traditionally"

hmmm...any1 else?

runnable

HSC
magik22 said:

I hope that helps.
That is not true.. For normal subjects, raw marks almost 100% go UP.

eg 77 raw mark in English (worse scaling than Econ) became 87 aligned.

runnable

HSC
conics2008 said:
bull shit eco never scales.. its stays like crap.
Lets put it this way. Its one of the better scaling subjects. Definitely among the best in top 10 most popular subjects. (3/4U Maths dun count :p).

runnable

HSC
whoisurdaddy said:
what would 89 raw get in the HSC?

Hmm 87 = 95 for PHYSICS. Econ scales roughly the same. But I'm not sure if it is aligned the same way.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Scaling - depends on the quality of the subjects
Moderating - depends on the performance of the students in the course - in my opinion.

That's why Mathematics has got a such a good moderation (because people don't do very well in the HSC exam). If you think about it, you need about 85% to get it moderated to 93.

souadhaneen

HSC
lyounamu said:
Scaling - depends on the quality of the subjects
Moderating - depends on the performance of the students in the course - in my opinion.

That's why Mathematics has got a such a good moderation (because people don't do very well in the HSC exam). If you think about it, you need about 85% to get it moderated to 93.
would you know by any chance how english is scaled or moderated??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
souadhaneen said:
would you know by any chance how english is scaled or moderated??
Sorry, I have no idea. If I have some kind of evidence to quote, I would be able to tell you but I really don't have any.

lionking1191

HSC
runnable said:
Lets put it this way. Its one of the better scaling subjects. Definitely among the best in top 10 most popular subjects. (3/4U Maths dun count :p).
not really, there's only 3k or so people doing eco, and the most popular ones include business and modern - which scales like crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)