Recommended textbooks? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
as for fitzpatrick 4U, you could possibly compare it to the 'maths in focus' of 4U as it has the easiest questions, esp graphs and complex numbers :L
but my teacher said 4u fizpatrick questions are beyond the hsc level.

mioumiou

HSC
Maths --> Fitzpatrick 2u and heaps of past paper questions (like phoenix sorted exam style questions and Success One past paper books)
Chemistry ---> Conquering Chemistry and Jacaranda chemistry

Existential

HSC
N/A
Hey know any good HSC Geography resources, particularly those focussing on skills?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
so true about that
I can barely understand the explanations in Terry Lee as they jump and skip heaps of steps

as for fitzpatrick 4U, you could possibly compare it to the 'maths in focus' of 4U as it has the easiest questions, esp graphs and complex numbers :L
My teacher gives us sheets that my new teacher next year does herself so i just use those for explaning stuff and if we need further reference i used the textbook they gave us. I just use terry lee for questions and solutions are excellent.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
2u Maths - Coronenous, Cambridge or Fitzpatrick. Only get Maths in Focus if you have a lot of trouble understanding/learning maths.

Chemistry - Conquering Chem and the Surfing series if you can find it.

Excel is good for revision/learning concepts but has no where near enough questions.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
2u Maths - Coronenous, Cambridge or Fitzpatrick. Only get Maths in Focus if you have a lot of trouble understanding/learning maths.

Chemistry - Conquering Chem and the Surfing series if you can find it.

Excel is good for revision/learning concepts but has no where near enough questions.
Echo this three times more.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Conquering chem for chemistry. I think chem contexts 2 and Jacaranda are equally as good though. I have all of them on my computer, if someone could tell me a site to use to upload them, I'd be happy to.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Anyone know a place which sells HSC textbooks (like a lot of them)? When I go into Dymocks/Borders/A&R there's only a few like Excel. Somewhere around Parramatta/Liverpool would be nice :D

stevebucknor1

HSC
N/A
This is the main thing that we should use the textbooks for better results. That is very important to read from the textbooks. So I always recommended the textbooks rather than other materials. According to me it is better to read from textbooks and chances of getting good marks will be higher if we have read from the textbooks.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Anyone know a place which sells HSC textbooks (like a lot of them)? When I go into Dymocks/Borders/A&R there's only a few like Excel. Somewhere around Parramatta/Liverpool would be nice :D
Lol, Liverpool Dymocks has like...nothing. I thought Parramatta Dymocks was alright; had plenty of textbooks.

Also, there's this place in Liverpool called Duckworths that sell a comprehensive variety as well.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

wrecking

derp.
HSC
Hey know any good HSC Geography resources, particularly those focussing on skills?
cambridge skills in australian geography by kleeman. same author for geo interactions textbook. it's pretty good but i wouldn't spend my money on it. i borrowed it from the local library & from UTS lol. anyway, it's better off doing past papers for skills. i know bos is pretty dodgy at times and some of the stimulus materials are either not up or have chunks of 'awaiting copyright'. -- but print all the papers out anyway.

for business studies i used don sykes' getting better results, leading edge & the macq guide. leading edge was good but at times it elaborated too much on stuff that weren't even in the syllabus. getting better results is good too. it's succinct, concise & well summarised. it's got little case studies that come with it and quizzes. i wrote my notes with getting better results (personally because i couldn't be bothered to read chunks of info from leading edge). anything that i thought were too simple or not elaborated well enough, i referred to leading edge. stuff that i couldn't understand from both textbooks, i used the macq guide. god just imagine going through this entire course again- what a freaking nightmare.

Last edited:
C

colourhide

cambridge skills in australian geography by kleeman. same author for geo interactions textbook. it's pretty good but i wouldn't spend my money on it. i borrowed it from the local library & from UTS lol. anyway, it's better off doing past papers for skills. i know bos is pretty dodgy at times and some of the stimulus materials are either not up or have chunks of 'awaiting copyright'. -- but print all the papers out anyway.

for business studies i used don sykes' getting better results, leading edge & the macq guide. leading edge was good but at times it elaborated too much on stuff that weren't even in the syllabus. getting better results is good too. it's succinct, concise & well summarised. it's got little case studies that come with it and quizzes. i wrote my notes with getting better results (personally because i couldn't be bothered to read chunks of info from leading edge). anything that i thought were too simple or not elaborated well enough, i referred to leading edge. stuff that i couldn't understand from both textbooks, i used the macq guide. god just imagine going through this entire course again- what a freaking nightmare.
what do you think of CAMBRIDGE NSW BUS STUDIES STUDY GUIDE.
i went on the dymocks website and it seems to be a top seller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)